RCU Forums - View Single Post - Keeping Non Members off the field
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 09:44 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Keeping Non Members off the field

I would like suggestions that would help keep trespassers off the field-we have a new club that has been formed on leased land-we have placed post in the ground along the acces to the road side of the field with a simple driveway into the pit area-This is a new field that was a garbage dumping ground for many years that we have cleaned up and back filled and leveled. We are constantly finding someone flying that is not a member nor desires to join a club-Short of putting a chain up and locking it down, would you think signs indicating in our covered pit area would help deter this or would it cause someone to be offended and cause vandalism.

I have found several guys flying and they are established in the rc arena-in other words they should know better. I have given them applications to join and invited to come back with the completed application and this still continues. Our dues are less than $50.00 per year with covered pits and 50 acres to fly over and a 700 foot by 125 foot grass runway.

We are a new club and our monies are limited but we are growing with our roster at 56 members and we stated 01/01/10

thanks for any insight you could give me-jmc