RCU Forums - View Single Post - Any info on a pattern plane called Scepter
Old 08-15-2010, 06:07 AM
bjr_93tz

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Any info on a pattern plane called Scepter

ORIGINAL: Rover1newton

I just got one in trade. Retracts, saito 91, pretty much flawless... has fiberglass fuse and fiberglassed foam core wings... but this one says super sceptor...
I picked up something from a clubmate that he reckoned was a "super sceptor", no other info provided by seller. It had a large chord wing with only a little taper with barn door ailerons, Fuse was fiberglass with detachable fiberglass top turtle deck and I suspect it was originally designed for an upright, rear exhaust geared .61 The tail moment seamed a bit short compared to the wingspan but it was much larger than the Curare or Magic, more like Tom Prosser "Eagle"

It was heavy but flew well with a .75, a 140 fourstroke would have been ideal but this was definately an early to mid 80's design.

I don't have the plane anymore but I have up loaded some pics.

The planes on the wall from right to left are: Magic 40 (red, white, black), Eagle (for geared 61, green), Super Sceptor (red, blue, yellow white), Miss muffet (.40 sized formula S), Curare.61 (red/white), Albatross (2.5m Glider), Precident biplane, (ignore the f-18), Power house old timer, and Ugly Stick (yellow).

Car is/was Ford Fairlane ZL model......Oh and that's not me in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24822.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1484148   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rn39187.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1484149   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze85499.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	160.9 KB