RCU Forums - View Single Post - Changes to the Turbine Waiver test...
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 11:38 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Changes to the Turbine Waiver test...

Gordon,

I guess you have better tell them to buy P-60s or Super Bees instead. They are cheaper anyway...yes?

Beave

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: bevar

Gordon,

Chances are that a first turbine won't be a Kolibri or a P-20 powered jet for an applicant. How many have actually been sold so far anyway? Not too many I believe. You can't make the rules fit everyone...but they must be for the better of the whole group...not just one or two...and that's what the changes reflect.

Beave
Not many sold yet since the P20 is not widely available yet - but I know of 3 guys in my local club alone who have been looking forward to getting into the turbine side of the hobby with the smaller models that this size of turbine would be good for. I sincerely doubt that thee guys are going to buy a much larger model just to pass a test that lets them fly the small models they want to fly. Chances are that they will now just go fly without a waiver when they think no-one is looking.

Personally, I don't see how increasing the number of guys who will likely fly turbines without a waiver, will in any way be 'for the better of the whole group'. Seems to me that the change was not thoroughly thought out to see what 'unintended consequences' it might bring about.

Gordon