RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dragon wing failure.
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 11:24 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Dragon wing failure.

ORIGINAL: Airplanes400

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: Airplanes400

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Not to be to inquisitive, but all of your jets are ducted fan right? You don't own a turbine jet do you? If so your not waivered are you? The reason I ask is that you are all of the sudden posting a lot on the jet forums and based on your comments you really don't seem to know much about the community.
Sorry Andy ... but nice try.

I fly R/C turbine jets. I usually try to avoid these forums because they are filled with inconsequential topics, but this topic regards safety and quality. So it caught my attention/concern, and I had to write.

I also avoid flying my planes / jets at events. But I do go to some of them from time to time and I do keep up with the latest equipment. I'd rather fly quietly, and within my own flying field. I'm not the 'show' type of person. The less planes in the air, the better. I usually fly on weekdays. Almost never on weekends.
So you don't have a waiver? But you fly turbine jets.
Yes, yes, yes ... that's it ... You busted me Andy! Geeze, and I thought I would get a way with it, damn!! Don't report me! Don't report me!!

Ahh ... seriously now Andy, I'm just messin' with you now. I didn't feel I needed to answer all your ridiculous questions or statements. Again ... nice try.

And like I said in another post ... there are many people who don't deserve a waiver. I've seen some crummy landings done with jets that beginners do with 40 sized trainers. When you move up to jets, you should be able to compentently do cross-wind landings and glide your jet in smoothly 99% of the time. I've seen guys slam their jet in or stall it on takeoff or landing. I'd pull their waiver for that alone!
Whats to report - I could care less about what you do with your models. What is relevant to my inquiry is your lack of experience with turbines. Your not a waivered jet pilot, you don't own any turbines, you really don't have much to offer here except your conjecture which is mostly been proven to be completely wrong. Go back to what you know - PROPS? EDF? and leave these forums to the ones who actually know a little about what they are talking about.

Give us your AMA number and first name and if your on the list you won't here another word from me about it. - if not GO AWAY TROLL>!