RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dragon wing failure.
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 09:29 AM
JetsRC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Dragon wing failure.

ORIGINAL: Airplanes400

ORIGINAL: JetsRC

This is really going no where and it is not worth to continue posting on this. Treating people of inept and saying that childs work on this jets is not my idea of a discution and clearly this is going towards a brand slash more than trying to find solutions, with all sort of theories and asumptions that really do not show the reality of things.
Flying all sorts of big planes doesn't make anyone an expert on RC, sorry...

As posted earlier any customers having problems, doubts or any other issue with your SM or XJ models please feel free to contact me directly by email. We will do our best to help you out.

Michel out...
Typical lame attempt to brush off the issue when you are losing. But the issue is real ... SM jets are severely inadequate in design, structure and workmanship. Not assumptions or theories either ... the pictures show the inept workmanship and design of SM jets.

Your response is the same as Antons ... hey, have a problem ... send me an email. Well Mike, the problem seems to be wings and canopies coming off in flight due to poor craftsmanship. What are you going to do for the customer who contacts you AFTER his plane crashed for these reasons? Anything you do is too late then. And don't offer to sell him another plane! Instead, suggest that your customer buy a different brand ... like Yellow, JHH, or BVM.

SM should announce retrofits for all their deficiencies ... just like BVM and Toyota. Even supply the necessary materials to the current owner, or offer for the rep to do the modification. I'd rather have patch on my jet than a jet that slammed into the ground and burst into flames, destroying everything.

Then, SM should immediately upgrade their products with proper workmanship and materials.

I wouldn't fly a Skymaster jet if you gave one to me. I don't want the liability of owning one if one of these can cause property damage or kill someone due to poor quality that causes them to come apart in the air.

Sorry to desagree with you but in no way I am trying to brush off the issue, completely oposite, I am trying to offer help to all those who might have a problem, but I guess some people are not capable of seen this and concentrate in just saying whatever they want.
The easiest way to make this go away is just not to post anything and in a few days the problem will have been forgoten like many other we have all seen posted here from diferent brands, but instead of that we are posting and offering help, but this seems not to be enough for you.

The reason for asking emails is simple, it is easier to track a customers problems or requests that way than to have to search this forums all the time between all this garbage of extra posts. So in a way a customer will get a much better and faster service contacting us directly. And as I said before if email doesn't work with your dealer try a diferent one, there are plenty around th world.

Kit partial or complete replacements or any other solutions will not be given through RCU, it is just not the way we do things. And when a defective part is spoted usually Skymaster makes an anouncment in their web page like the F-16 fin, the F-86 tank configuration and others on earlier models. They always post when they have a problem and the solution.

I hope this thread stops going the way it is going and end in helpping people calrify and solve any issues they have with heir Dragons.

Michel

PS: I have never asked you to fly a SM jet, so really don't think I will be giing you one...