RCU Forums - View Single Post - retirement time
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 01:11 PM
tony0707

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: retirement time

hi
to many people in this hobby think that a good ESV VOLTAGE READING means a good battery ,you must cycle NICADS AND NIMH batterires to determine the MILLIAMP CAPACITY OF THE BATTERY to know the batteries true condition-NICADS and NIMH batteries will give you a 5.5 volt reading on an ESV ,-when 20% of the batteries capacity is gone ,at a loss of 20% of your battery -you are subject to internal battery shorting ,-that will take out a cell or worse-do go to : RADICALRC.com ,some of the best info on battery care you will find- ,if you fly with NICADS OR NIMH___YOU MUST INVEST IN A CYCLER__ the ace hobby DIGIPACE has been my best tool for this for 20 years , charge the batteries above over night SLOW__discharge with a DIGIPACE every 3 months if flying the same plane or when you fly a plane you have not used for some time ,-top off NICADS every month or two if idle- they will not short out if kept charged to full ,YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH YOUR BATTERYS as that is proper care and maintenence of the above type batteries- no battery issues in 20 years ,still fly with NICADS ( 40 to 1/4 scale glo stuff ,no electrics ) if it aint broke dont fix it ,NICADS are all there was when i started in the hobby ,they never let me down ENJOY BEST REGARDS TONY