Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Long Distance Flying

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 10:56 AM
2thDr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Long Distance Flying

ORIGINAL: cobratraxxas69

Hi Tooth,

Really cool video!

I was wondering, did you use a TV/VCR monitor to fly with or did you use goggles (if goggles, which ones do you recommend).

Thanks,

Mike
I just watch the camcorder video screen. I haven't found any goggles that I like yet.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:57 AM
2thDr

ORIGINAL: JettPilot

The frequency determines the leingths of the antenna, but different types of antennas have much more gain than others. You can also have various multiples of the leingth that would be correct for your frequency. The little wire hanging on the receiver is not a very efficient antenna, making a Dipole by putting an equal leingth wire on the gournd side will help lots ! Just remember the antenna becomes more directional...

Personally when I get out to those distances and beyond, I will put an amplifier on my transmitter

I still want to see that video of the long distance flight, when I click on the link a page opens and closes within about half a second. Can someone post a LINK to the long distance video, I have to see that one !!!

Have you been able to see the video yet? Have you tried right clicking on the link and saving the video to your hard drive?
Old 05-01-2005, 11:49 PM
radobahn

Carribean aerial footage huh? Definately looking forward to that[sm=thumbup.gif] Went to Atlantis few years back and "Wow", I could have easily stayed there for about ten years or so..
Old 05-02-2005, 09:35 AM
mattchase

I had to do a right click and "Save Target as..." to get the video to work.

Very nice flight. I definitely see a BWAV kit in my future.