Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Camera to SD card to Windows Movie Maker

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Camera to SD card to Windows Movie Maker

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 05:17 PM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Camera to SD card to Windows Movie Maker

I shot an in-flight video on an overcast day and a lot of it is too dark. Does anyone know of a way to change brightness and contrast somewhere along the DVC-SD-WMM chain? Windows Movie Maker doesn't recognize the camera as a "video capture device", so it doesn't let me adjust it before uploading.

TIA, Jim
Old 06-25-2008, 07:27 PM
JMSTECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Camera to SD card to Windows Movie Maker

Can you USB the video from camera SD to pc? Then use Windows Media to open the file on your hard drive?
Old 06-25-2008, 08:25 PM
jrf

Yes. Windows Media Player just plays the video. Can I do something to adjust the video in WMP?

Jim
Old 06-26-2008, 01:48 AM
JMSTECH

Ahhh Windows Media Player you say? Ok try this... use Windows Movie Maker, then import the video file then drag it to the bottom where it says "time line". The click the movie file, right click mouse and select "Video Effects", there you can add more brightness etc... BTW, you can add some cool effects there like funky titles, add the same videos but clip certain shots, add a bit of back ground music to make the video more interesting and after you are finished, go to the left side to "Finish Movie" and save the video file to your hard drive as a video file. Then you can upload it to Vimeo or Youtube for all of us to enjoy!

John
Old 06-26-2008, 09:45 AM
headhunter23

You could also try downloading sony vegas for 1 month free trial, tons o stuff you can do in that too. Adobe has a one month trial for premiere. But big learning curve compared to the simplicity of windows movie maker. But turn out awesome.

Ivan.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:39 AM
jrf

Thanks guys. I will try JMSTECH's suggestions for WMM today. (I already have the movie loaded there.)

Jim