Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

trouble with 2.4 cam

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 01:04 PM
mbyers1971

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trouble with 2.4 cam

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems using a spektrum dx7 with a 2.4ghz mini cam, I have tried it in 2 different planes and lost control on both ending with crashes. I was under the impression that the dx7 would not pick up glitches that easy, unfortunatly mine did pickup glitches off of the cam, I know this because after repairing my planes and removing cam all was good. Could someone tell me the best cam to use with the dx7
Old 07-13-2008, 03:39 PM
headhunter23

Default RE: trouble with 2.4 cam

I think yours is the first I've heard that has specifically intereferred with the plane causing crash. Generally it affects the video quality. Anyways having both video and control on the same frequency seems to be a big no no for consistency. I would suggest 900mhz system and you'll run into no interference issues.

Ivan.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:14 PM
JMSTECH

Default RE: trouble with 2.4 cam

ORIGINAL: mbyers1971

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems using a spektrum dx7 with a 2.4ghz mini cam, I have tried it in 2 different planes and lost control on both ending with crashes. I was under the impression that the dx7 would not pick up glitches that easy, unfortunatly mine did pickup glitches off of the cam, I know this because after repairing my planes and removing cam all was good. Could someone tell me the best cam to use with the dx7
Yeah they say those Spectrum is not suppose to pick up any interference because it scans and locks on a signal, but for sure mixing camera 2.4 stuff on the same frequency is big NO NO and proven fact with crash reports I heard from friends. It will cross and get confused, so you could stick to 900Mhz like Ivan mentioned but be cautious... only one channel in that system is legal. I know for a fact that many of the mainstream FPV vendors are quietly experimenting and will slowly introduce a more stable 5.8Ghz set up that will cater to our needs... even for long range flights.