Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Onboard cameras on my RC stuff.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Baroncowboy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Onboard cameras on my RC stuff.

A compilation of some of my RC stuff, all with on board cams except for the Hawk at the end.
Hope you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQCRkJHmjP0
Old 11-07-2008, 06:27 PM
colin g

Default RE: Onboard cameras on my RC stuff.

one of the best vids on youtube ever , keep up the good work!.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:07 AM
savage 40

Red Baron Cowboy, (just kiddin') How did you mount the camera.. got any pictures and a few words of encouragement? Thanks.. very cool video by the way
Old 12-25-2008, 08:41 AM
noall

just want to ask a few things. As I am very interested to know why all the videos from onboard cameras don't get much distance from the controler. What is the max distance u get and how many watts of a wireless system are you using. I do understand these could be cameras with inboard recording I do understand. I am not into that. I have an rc tank collection and have been unsuccessfull with my wireless cameras so far. Any help would be appreciated. I did recently, however, purchase from japan a 1 watt 1.2 ghz unit but i am having trouble with space and more important . Power issue!! Heres a quick link to my website with a short crappy attempt last year. Hope we can figure something out. Ideally i would live to sit in the house with the controller and the tv set. And have the tank roaming outside on its own with me controling from inside. Anyway. To much babiling.
Homepage.mac.com/noall666
Old 12-29-2008, 04:43 AM
JMSTECH

wish I can see the video for the link seems to be incomplete. Anyhow did you keep your video TX far apart from the speed controller? Did you power the video and A/V TX on a seperate battery? Reason for that on is if you share the same power source and did not isolate the noise properly, then you will see noise on the video. Simplest way is to just power the camera and A/V TX on a seperate lipo pack. Again... keep the TX far-far away from the speed controller and RX. Good luck!
Old 12-29-2008, 09:20 AM
noall

Ok. JMSTECH. You need to help me. sry my web page was messed up. I think i fixed it now. anyway...ya. so I was trying to avoid using multiple batteries....I have been watching those vids by Daniel Wee. damn good stuff. BUt a few things. I have a 9 volt camera. for one. It is going in a very tight space. as I dont want people to c the camera. so I cant really use the 5 volt ones... I have some better transmitter and reciever. but now the transmitter needs 12 volts. and the camera 9 volts and the esc's take 7.2 so I am looking at a multiple voltage regulator. BUt i just email intelligent flight . They hve some nice stuff....but I need some redoing of the units i think. I cant get 12 volts outta 7.2 I guess? and my new transmittter is a 1 watt 12 volt . almost exactly like the 2.4 ghz ones he tests(thats daniel by the way) i will put some pics up on my site. I will make a link on the front page. I would assume a 7.2 volt 5000 mah battery would work. I just gotta get the correct power distro maybe....the transmitter reciever work awesome when i tested it... but i was using a 12 small little bttery and it didnt last long? also had it connected to lap top and just walked a ways.... several blocks... I will re test and record my results i think...
anyway. lets maybe chat today when you get up if you have time. send me a direct email if you like. and I will post details of my results here for people to see.....
homepage.mac.com/noall666
updating site now...
later
mike

Old 12-31-2008, 11:28 AM
JMSTECH

Yeah sure I love to help out! Well I personally like a uncomplicated set up so I use a 2 battery set up and besides if 1 battery were to power everything up and some thing bad were to happen while I was a Km or two away. I might not have enough juice to come back home safely.

Anyhow here is a quote I ripped off from someone I know who uses a 1 battery set up:

{All you need is some good filtering for the Video transmitter, I would put a 10 mFD tantilum capicator and also a 3 mFD ceramic capicitor across the power leads of the video transmitter and also a 3 mFD ceramic capicitor across, that takes care of high frequency noise. If it was still a video problem I would try a third capicitor ( electrolytic 1000 mFD ) in addition to the first two to get rid of very low fequency ripple.}

As for your question on the I.F. dual voltage power supply... yes if you were to feed it 7.2 (up to 12 volts), one side of the I.F. PSU will step it up to 12 volts for your TX and the other side will step it down to 5 volts. BTW have you ever experimented with your 9 volt camera? Ever fed it 5 volts before? It may work but again... play with it and be sure to not feed it more that 9 volts for risk damaging it.

I'll check on your site as soon as it is up Mike!!!

If you need more info, I surly will give you as much as I know but you must pass it on! PM me and we can chat Mike!

John