Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Just a little hover, any tips for an intermediate pilot?

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Just a little hover, any tips for an intermediate pilot?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 10:41 AM
nrotel94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a little hover, any tips for an intermediate pilot?

I did a little hover in my garage and my living room. I've gotten better since I made the video, and I'm going to post a new new video soon. But any tips for an intermediate pilot? The new video is coming as soon as i can get a cameraman, I'll post it in this thread. But I still need tips. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB3YKYoy8oY

-nrotel
Old 11-29-2008, 12:32 PM
NVentiveTV

Default RE: Just a little hover, any tips for an intermediate pilot?

You are doing a lot better than I. After a few weeks of indoor practice, I decided to take on a little project with our SAVS. My skills are not really where they need to be, but the project was a very easy one, the weather was perfect, I had pleiny of soft lawn work from, so how bad could it get? I mean - all I had to do was pick up, hover a little bit, let it drift a tad and then set down. A real no-brainer, right? A few short hops went well, so I decided to get a little cocky.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJMwX51sFXs

It took some camera boom parts, some lumber, some coat hanger wire, and lots of duct tape to get that little snag resolved.
'Seems I was the Turkey for Thanksgiving......

Happy Holidays To All - S
Old 12-01-2008, 09:14 PM
nrotel94

Default RE: Just a little hover, any tips for an intermediate pilot?

That stinks, wat camera u use with ur heli?