Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aerodynamics
Reload this Page >

four star CG

Community
Search
Notices
Aerodynamics Discuss the physics of flight revolving around the aerodynamics and design of aircraft.

four star CG

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 12:00 PM
richrd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default four star CG

I've recently put together sig's 4 star 60 ARF put in tower's 60 engine, but can'nt balance at 2 and 3/4 they ask for. already added full bag of 4 oz. at nose and move engine all the way forward. Put battery an reciever at back of tank. So questions is can the 4-star be flowned at CG of 3 and 1/4 or 1/4 inch passed rib peak. Has anyone done this or will i be the first, don't want anymore wieght.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:27 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: four star CG

stuff the battery up under the tank. At 3 inches the plane will be quite twitchy.

What engine are you using. I have seen the 60 with a Saito 100 need 6oz and according to the builder it flew very well.

Here is where that discussion starts

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3264351

At first he thought he had 12oz but it ended up being 6oz
Old 08-17-2005, 12:24 PM
richrd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: four star CG

Thanks bubbagates

The battery Ive got is a square so at the moment can't fit next to tank. The engine is tower 60 2 cycle so it's light which like you said is the main problem most people seem to use heaver four cycle. I did get it up last night but only checked it out with full tank of fuel then landed before to empty so not to push my luck. But ? Curious if many other planes had been setting thiers back and how they fly.
Anyway it seems ok cause it did what ever I wanted as I get more comforable see how it responds on an empty tank if it get as you say twitchy. It just seems the CG was way forward in instruction compared to others Ive built. Thanks for responds.