Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

50cc YAK 54 QB,,WHO'S GOT THERE'S

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

50cc YAK 54 QB,,WHO'S GOT THERE'S

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 09:31 PM
lazy eight
My Feedback: (389)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 50cc YAK 54 QB,,WHO'S GOT THERE'S

Your right it would cost much more but would end the shipping pains. It sound like there going to be shipping at the end of the month. I hope I get one. What do you guys think of the Bme Yak? Its bigger and looks pretty good and is in stock. I,m just looking at a alterntive just in case I dont get one of the first run AeroWorks airplanes.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:54 PM
Mike3579
My Feedback: (56)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are they all spoken for already from the first batch?
Old 03-08-2006, 09:59 PM
SeanCowan

Hey fellas,

I just talked to Rocco. The yaks will be in port of March 21st and as long as customs doesn't have anything to say about it, the planes should arrive at Aeroworks with in the last few days of March. This means they will be shipping like crazy in the end of March and early April. As for availability, on paper, all the planes are spoken for (300+ airplanes), however, we all know that guys change their minds (their wife finds out, they owe Uncle Sam....) so I am going to guess there will be 30-50 airplanes without a home[]. But it sounds like you better jump onto the list if you want one.

Sean
Old 03-09-2006, 09:04 AM
lazy eight

I put my money down for one around the middle of Feb. Rocco said that about 30% of the orders will probly back out so I,m hoping to get one of the first ones. I have my new DA50 ready for its home on the front of this plane. I really like how the elevator servos are in the stab that make it easy to take the stab off without having to take apart your linkage. This should prove to be a real nice airplane well worth the wait. The 75cc size will be following right behind the 50cc plane. Shipping hopfully early summer from what I have been told. Has anybody heard anything about the DA75? Rocco told me that the 75 size protoype really flys nice with a ZDZ super 80 up front. At 6000 ft.elv. he says its a rocket! I hate waiting!!!!!! From what Troy Built models has told me its worth wating for they have the Extra right now and said the plane is one of the best yet. Went togather FAST and fit and finish is WOW nice. I hope they do the Ultimate in the new QB that would be a sweet kit I would buy one.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Bad Tooth
My Feedback: (10)

My name is on the list.........And my wife knows about it. I can only hope, right? I am planning on putting the evo 58 up front. This will also be my first gasser, will this be more difficult to set up than say the DA 50? I noticed that the kit comes with mounting guides for the DA. Do you guys think that balance will be an issue with the 58?
Old 03-09-2006, 04:47 PM
jdcook54
My Feedback: (2)

Dont think balance should be an issue, I just stuck my 58 on a 40cc size plane and only had to add an ounce to the tail.

Doug
Old 03-09-2006, 08:41 PM
lazy eight

Did you add weight to the airplane to balance it or just move something to the tail? With all the new light weight craze going on adding weight is not a option and should be avoid like the bird flew. Build light they fly better. See. www.TroyBuiltmodels.com The 58 on this kit sould work out vary well and have tons of power just move the batterys back a few inches. What 40cc kit did you put the evo 58 on? [8D]
Old 03-09-2006, 10:35 PM
jamiem75

I noticed this thread was a little older. I just ordered one of these yaks and was just curious as to wether or not they are shipping yet?
Somebody said something about april? SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!
Old 03-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Mark Dennis
My Feedback: (4)

The container is supposed to be in port on the 21st allow another 4-6 days for us to get them and start shipping. So we will start to ship on the 25-27th.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:09 PM
jamiem75

Oh. OK. You'll have to forgive the impatience.
I'm really looking forward to getting started on this thing.It sounds like there are a lot of people who are really looking forward to getting these Yaks.
If aero works other planes are any indicator of quality and craftsmanship I'm sure this one will be worth the wait.
Thanks,
James
Old 03-10-2006, 01:36 AM
Grotesquebass
My Feedback: (16)

I am almost finished building my extra 260 qb and if the yak is anything like it i will be buying the yak as well great quality easy to build its my first giant scale and i must say its very easy
Old 03-11-2006, 12:51 PM
jdcook54

It is a Pacific 540T 27%
Old 03-12-2006, 09:54 PM
birdman2
My Feedback: (105)

I have had an AW 50cc YAK 54 QB on order since mid Dec 05. When I placed the order
I was told it would arrive some time in mid Jan 06. Well so much for that date.
I have not had much luck trying to get a 50cc Yak. I was on the list for an Extreem
RC 50cc Yak and have been for over one year now. I guess they will never be made again.
I am going to Toledo and will buy a 50cc Yak there if I don't get my AW Yak by then. I am tired
of waiting and hearing excuses of why we don't have any. Why do companies pre-announce
products like this and continue to disappoint customers when they don't arrive when planned?
This is a heck of a way to run a business. Good luck to all of you. I hope you get your
plane. If more people expressed your displeasure with this practice maybe the companies would
stop doing this. I know this is a hobby, but my time is worth a lot to me. Tired of waiting.
birdman2
Old 03-12-2006, 10:00 PM
birdman2

Sorry for duplicate post.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Mark Dennis

birdman2, Sorry that you were given the wrong date but that is what we were originally told it would be, we were not trying to diseve the customer in that the planes would be here by then. As I recall people waited almost a year for the EF yak our customers have only been waiting an extra two months for this plane and I do apologize for that. However just to let you know the planes will be here on the 21st of march and will be at our warehouse 4-6 days after wich means they will be here before Toledo. So if you want to wait even longer for toledo to come to get a yak or you can get one even sooner is your choice.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Bad Tooth

Can I have Birdman's spot on the list! LOL! Mark, how will we be notified (once the planes come in) if we have won the "Yak lottery?" Email, phone call? And what about those of us that don't get a yak? Will we be notified also? Thanks.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Mark Dennis

Cant give you his spot but look at it this way your odds may have gone up. As far as notification we will either call or email you the week the planes arrive to confirm your order odds are you will get one since more people will cancel but im not promising that you do get one.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:16 PM
lazy eight

Mark how many planes are coming in on the first shipment? And how over sold are the planes as of right now not taking the 30% backout into count. And how long will it be for more 50cc kits to come in for the ones who did not get one the first time around and want one and have ordered one. I know how birdman feels but I,m willing to wait for now and see if I,m one of the luck ones. From what I see they will be worth the wait. Once this first big surge goes thrue and Aeroworks can get more they should be easy to get Right? [8D]
Old 03-14-2006, 07:26 PM
jamiem75

I've got the wero-works yak on order and trying to wait patiently.
But a panicked thought occured to me today: Are all of the planes for this shipment already spoken for? I just ordered mine a week and a half ago and I'd like to know that, if I am going to wait, I am gaurunteed a plane.
I've had aero-works planes in the past and am very impressed with the quality, but I don't really want wait for months to get it.(flying season is comin)
I guess the short version of that question is are they already sold out of this production run?
Old 03-14-2006, 07:50 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mark has already stated in this forum that they are sold out and actually over-sold based on that maybe 30% of the orders they have will cancel. I would not expect him to divulge those numbers both publically or privately in a PM or email. If you would that would be a surprise to me and a pleasant surprise at that.

I actually ordered one, very early on, then canceled due to financial things and because they were due in originally when I had the financial issuses but I have reoprdered about 4 weeks ago and actually asked the same question of Mark and I got the exact same answer via email he has posted here.

I for one am going to wait. If I'm not a lucky one then I'll move on as it's my fault for cancelling the first order, if I am lucky enough then great
Old 03-14-2006, 08:32 PM
lazy eight

Bubbagates I here what you are saying I ordered around the middle of Feb. and they where sold out then.I'm sitting tite for now.Wait and see how this all pans out. I really want one of these Yaks but If its going to take forever I will move on as well and get the QQ Yak or TOC they both are top of the line as well but will take more work to get it done and cost more as well to finish but will fly just as good as any and are in stock in good numbers.I think Aerowrks will have a good supply after a little time passes. I hope[X(]
Old 03-26-2006, 09:17 PM
birdman2

It is March 26, 2006. Can anyone give us an update on the Yak 54 shipment?
You said that they would be here on March 21.
Are they in fact here? When can we expect them to start shipping?
Or we on another delay?
Thanks
Birdman2
Old 03-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Bad Tooth

ORIGINAL: birdman2

I have had an AW 50cc YAK 54 QB on order since mid Dec 05. When I placed the order
I was told it would arrive some time in mid Jan 06. Well so much for that date.
I have not had much luck trying to get a 50cc Yak. I was on the list for an Extreem
RC 50cc Yak and have been for over one year now. I guess they will never be made again.
I am going to Toledo and will buy a 50cc Yak there if I don't get my AW Yak by then. I am tired
of waiting and hearing excuses of why we don't have any. Why do companies pre-announce
products like this and continue to disappoint customers when they don't arrive when planned?
This is a heck of a way to run a business. Good luck to all of you. I hope you get your
plane. If more people expressed your displeasure with this practice maybe the companies would
stop doing this. I know this is a hobby, but my time is worth a lot to me. Tired of waiting.
birdman2

Did you change your mind birdman? Mark said in another post that they should be shipping sometime early this week.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:37 PM
jamiem75

out of curiosity, how many people cancelled their orders because of the wait? I suppose what I am asking is if all of this shipment is being shipped out to fill orders or if there are some left.
And if there are none left of this shipment, how much of the next batch will be available and when will it arrive?
I cancelled my order on this batch but would eventually like to have this plane. Just trying to figure out if I need to start kicking myself now or if there is hope of getting one any time in the not-so-distant future.
Thanks,
James
Old 03-26-2006, 11:01 PM
flatlandmike
My Feedback: (17)

i got my lhs to order mine a while back and they called me and told me that AW had called and confirmed that the plane was still wanted so i am a lucky plane recipient

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.