Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

100cc Yak

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 08:50 PM
Grotesquebass
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 100cc Yak

so are these able to hold an upright harrier i have yet to see any of the yaks do one this is the only thing holding me back about this plane
Old 10-31-2006, 08:54 PM
Mark Dennis
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you will find that the plane is very stable in both upright and inverted harriers. I have not flown the other yaks enough to really judge but ours seemed like it was the most stable.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:58 PM
Grotesquebass

i just ask because even in the video with leseburg flying i dont see one upright harrier in it i see an inverted and rolling which was nice but no uprights seriously considering this one tho i like the cowl template idea looks so much better then a gaping hole i hope its enough cooling for a da-100
Old 10-31-2006, 09:16 PM
Mark Dennis

Just a cowinsadence (Spelling??) it does do them well though. As far as the cooling goes the cutouts shown are what we flew it with and that seemed to provide plenty of cooling for our DA.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:23 PM
Grotesquebass

sweet well i am moving next month so i gotta wait till late january anyway plenty of time to think appriciate the help mark if it flys anything like the 260 i had i will be a happy camper i am still considering going that route again makes me wish i never sold it [:@][:@]
Old 11-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Bobby Folsom

Mark, I placed my order for the 100cc Yak a little over a month ago. I can hardly wait! Just to be safe, would you double check and see if they still have me on the list. BTW, maybe I should call and give them my cc number?

Thanks,

Bobby
Old 11-27-2006, 09:19 AM
rcavi8ter
My Feedback: (19)

Are the ailerons stiff enough on this plane to run a single 8611A? Ordering one this morning and trying to figure out the set up.

Old 11-27-2006, 06:26 PM
mikec3d

Whats the word on the Yak is it in or what, are they all spoken for ?
Old 11-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Mark Dennis

The Yaks should be shipping by the middle of next week if all goes well. There is still some room on the list but i would hurry as those planes are going very fast. As far as the single aileron servo goes, i would just stick with the 2, we have tried the single servo and had issues with it not being enough.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Mark Dennis

Well guys the 100cc yaks are in stock and will be shipping either on monday the 4th or tuesday the 5th. I already have mine and have started putting it together and I must say you are all in for a VERY big treat when you get yours.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:32 PM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just maidened my new 100cc Aeroworks YAK...AWESOME!!!

CG a bit toward the nose for maiden flight only. Uplines very nice, no rudder at all...hammers perfect both ways. Program mixed for Coupling toward the gear on knife edges but moving the CG back should clean that up. Harriers like a bandit even with current CG.

Rocco, you guys did it again...these QB's are sooooo sweet.

Good luck!
Rex Briant
Canton, GA
Old 12-17-2006, 11:11 PM
FlyEng
My Feedback: (5)

Okay, now I'm conflicted. Do I go with the Yak or the Extra? Do we have it bad or what? I haven't even flown my 50cc AW Yak yet due to losing our field and I already want a bigger toy. I guess thats what livings all about. Hmm...Yak or Extra?????

Glad your flight went well. What's your setup and AUW?
Old 12-18-2006, 08:22 AM
rbxbear44

Depends on what you do more of...to me, the Yak is a 3D machine and very good for IMAC too. More time on downlines for maneuvers and it is more of a mid wing plane (depends on 300 model and designer). I am having a Extra 300 Aerotech midwing built for me this next Spring just because I like the way they look AND I always want an Extra in the hanger!!!

I know guys that live by Extra's but they all are saying...the Yak kills them in IMAC because of the extra time they have to do maneuvers (with the drag caused by the cowl design) and the weigth (depends on who builds it). I am just telling you what the BIG BOYS are saying these days about this.

For setup...8611a's on all moving surfaces, SWB 2x Self adj tray (because I had one sitting around), smoke, Duralites, SmartFly Power Expander and Turbo Reg. My rule is, at 100cc, I use 2 rx batteries and power management of some kind...Expander is cheaper than Power Box and less over kill.

Not weighed yet, but it feels like about 28 lbs....flies like a 26 pounder though.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:08 PM
rbxbear44

Welll, I just got back from flying my Yak AGAIN...and NO COUPLING AT ALL. Hands off on elevs. I must have been in the twilight zone yesterday when I maidened the plane(it was almost dark when I finally got the DA tuned in and trimmed). I just dialed in my low rate rudder with some throttle management and....GONE! No coupling on knife edges as it should be for the Yak.

Guys, this plane ROCKS! I torque rolled it, blenders, parachutes...all very good. What is the best is the hands free uplines on the rudder side. Ailerons are VERY responsive at high rates as should be, Rudder authority in a Torque Roll and Hover is excellent.

The thrustline is perfect out of the box on these birds so no chasing that one.

Old 12-31-2006, 06:00 PM
Coloradobanjo
My Feedback: (3)

I got mine, and it is beautiful! So far, I've inventoried the parts (all there) and checked everything over. I also printed out the owner's manual, and took care of a lot of little details like switches, chargers, test meter, etc. I'm not in a hurry, because my DA-100 is still a month away, but I'll keep posting as I go. Because I live in the Denver area, I am building this ship as light as I can. That means all carbon fiber, straight mufflers, and no wheel pants, which is how some of the Yak-54s shipped anyway. Who else is in the process?
Old 01-01-2007, 12:25 AM
Bobby Folsom

I started on mine today. There was a slight breadage on the wing root in the 3" area between the aileron and root. I peeled the covering back, put a few drops of thin CA between some clear covering to keep the CA off of my fingers and viola - it was fixed. I even put a little bit of coverite for film on the wood to help put the covering back in place. You can't even tell something broke now!! I did check the fit on the carbon wing tube that I purchased separately from AW and it fit perfectly!! I went over the wings with my sealing iron but there were no bubble to iron down. My next trick is to put the clear covering on the leading edge and then seal the hinge gaps. Then it will be on to installing the servos.

Bobby

Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:10 AM
rbxbear44

Since I am just a few hundred feet above sea level here in ATL, no carbon necessary. I have 14 flights on mine now and have dialed in CG perfect for MAJOR 3D. Smoke is being dialed in tomorrow since I now have everything pretty much how I like it....a bit tail heavy...just enought to even out the wing "rock" on harriers.

This plane is effortless. No coupling on knife edges, torque rolls are easy, AND it is on rails for IMAC stuff. Uplines are crisp w no rudder necessary.

Mine came out at 30.8 lbs but I added the smoke, a SWB self adjusting 2 x tray (because I had one sitting around), redundant batteries (LiOin) on Rx and a SmartFly Power Expander. Stripped and w/o all the "stuff", it would have hit about 29 lbs. Carbon spinner, tail gear and wing tube...maybe takes it down to 27.5 lbs. is my guess. Rocco at Aeroworks said you guys need em light up thar.

Good luck.
Rex Briant
Old 01-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Lormuhl

Saterday I flew mine for the maiden and a total of 5 10 minute flights. The Yak is great. Powered by a DA100, stock mufflers, no wheel pants, Carbon spinner and woody 27-10 to break in, Hi tec servos, only one for rudder, Li ons X3, MPI switches and regs and Spectrum radio. I will bring the CG more aft for the next fly. Borrowed a digital postal scale from another RCU member and with no fuel, it weighed 26lbs 10 ozs at the field. Will try another scale to confirm the weight. Hovers steady and pullout is good. This plane was well worth the wait. Hats off to Aeroworks for another plane well done.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Grelker
My Feedback: (58)

Great report Lormuhl. I'm pretty sure that scale you used is accurate. We might try again and let me hold the plane on the scale correctly!

Old 01-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Lormuhl

Sounds good to me. I am going to recheck the lateral balance and nail down the CG for the next flights. I am sure that the scale I used was very accurate and yes I will let you hold it.