Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Banned Again 1st and now last.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Banned Again 1st and now last.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 07:41 AM
bradpaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Banned Again 1st and now last.

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Don't know how it works out there in Texas, but here in Florida we usually go to lunch with our friends.
I guess if I eat in front of BradPaul at one point in his life, while he talks about stuff he wants me to change for him,
then BP & I would be ''lunch buddies''
... in florida at least

once DVP Rice, being the kind of guy that goes the extra distance,
performed a AMA DVP duty for me... even while he was eating lunch
I never said we were LunchBuddies, and as far as I know DVP Rice never said we were Lunch Buddies,
seems only BP (and possibly the State of florida) have made that from the hip guess and speak for DVP Rice.

I would try pasting in rcu-member quotes from other boards in some kind of Gatcha stunt,
but it was my understanding we dont paste in gotacha rcu-member quotes from other boards .
Kid... Kid.... you misunderstand I'm only trying to help............

In post #24 you said that there was some sort of "conspiracy" keeping you from being a "Leader Member" and running for office:

Oddly, a few Leader members on the web boards have suggested I run for an AMA seat,
but yet when I ask those same Leaders to endorse me to Leader so I CAN run,
well, they suddenly become part of the system preventing me from running for a seat they said I should run for: they wont endorse my LM app

You no Leadee, you no electee
I am point out that all you need is the signature of three open members and the DVP that you talk with at lunch or the hobby shop.......

So I guess the problem is either:

1.) Cant find three open members to sign the application.
2.) You buddy Jim Rice won't sign it as DVP.
3.) Need to raise the $10.00 application fee.

or

4.) There is no problen you just want everybody to believe in the "conspiracy theory".

Brad
Old 02-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R
//snip//
From the LM application:
REFERENCES
These three (3) references must be properly filled in and signed by three (3) current AMA Leader Members. (If Leader Members are unavailable, three (3) Open Members and an endorsement by a District Vice President or Associate Vice President may be
substituted.)
In either case the DVP or an AVP must approve the application. (Bold added to quote) I see no reference to ''lunch buddies'' or a requirement for your references to be buddies with the DVP or AVP.

For those that would like to review the actual application, here's the link: http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/907.pdf
No, No, No, NO! [:-]

May I respectfully suggest you review that which you presented? You misread the requirements.
>>>>>
b]REFERENCES[/b]

These three (3) references must be properly filled in and signed by three (3) current AMA Leader Members.

INJECTION: Notice the above requirement DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY DVP INPUT if 3 LEADER MEMBERS sign the application.

Now here below is an exception when three (3) Leader members are not available. The below requirement is in parenthesis and brings in the AVP or DVP only when regular Open members are signing.

(If Leader Members are unavailable, three (3) Open Members and an endorsement by a District Vice President or Associate Vice President may be substituted.)
Old 02-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Arbo
ORIGINAL: WestCoastFlyer
You're darn right I'll continue my ''slander.''
[quote
At least you are honest about what you are doing. I am glad to see that sort of honesty.

In general in life, when one makes claims, they are just the opinion of one person, and can not be taken as real or factual without that person backing up their claims. Which is what we see on this sub forum on RCU quite often.

As someone mentioned previously in the thread, a lot of 'code' talk and nothing direct or backed up here. Not surprising when there really is nothing to back up their claims.
Hey ARBO, it's also nice to see you here describing yourself in the above quote.
I have presented what the rules are, if you have issue with them, then state which ones and why. If you think someone has moderated above and beyond them, give the proof of such. Because no matter who is in the position of moderator, the rules must be enforced, or they will not be a moderator, doesn't matter if it's me or Horrace, either you do the job asked of you, or you do not have that 'job'. So lets focus on what in those rules is so bad or horrible that people just can't stand them.
Your excuses er, uh, "reasons" remind me of a time when a number of war criminals tried to defend themselves with "I was following orders." They got hung anyway.

AV8R - I was frustrated with the one moderator at the time, who let personal attacks sit. So I defended myself, as I felt needed, against unwarranted personal attacks. It was at a point in time where there was a lot of out of control stuff going on, and I think I got swept up in it. Either way, I talked to Dave and he gave me a shot, as I have said before, everything we do is an open record that can be viewed by him and others above us. If we abused the position, we would no longer hold the position.
In other words you will do anything to assure that you hold on to a position where you have such ultimate power over certain people and can exercise that power without any form of retribution. Right now there are some that would make the EC even more of a dictatorship than it is in the name of serving the AMA. As I see it you revel in those modes, however as Scarlett so stated, "Tomorrow is another DAY!"

Now in a post above you said:
"Now those that feel the need may be free to continue on with their slander, I have said what needed to be said and am out of here."
"....Not surprising when there really is nothing to back up their claims."
Why are you still here trying to justify your power plays?
Old 02-15-2011, 10:21 AM
WestCoastFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

You're darn right I'll continue my ''slander.''
At least you are honest about what you are doing. I am glad to see that sort of honesty.

In general in life, when one makes claims, they are just the opinion of one person, and can not be taken as real or factual without that person backing up their
claims. Which is what we see on this sub forum on RCU quite often.

As someone mentioned previously in the thread, a lot of 'code' talk and nothing direct or backed up here. Not surprising when there really is nothing to back up
their claims.

I have presented what the rules are, if you have issue with them, then state which ones and why. If you think someone has moderated above and beyond them, give the
proof of such. Because no matter who is in the position of moderator, the rules must be enforced, or they will not be a moderator, doesn't matter if it's me or Horrace, either
you do the job asked of you, or you do not have that 'job'. So lets focus on what in those rules is so bad or horrible that people just can't stand them.

It should be noted by those that are non-AMA members, or are AMA members that have not been on those forums, that most of the people making
false claims do not log into the AMA forum, or if they do, just about never contribute to civil discussion. This is no different than on another RC forum where people
complain about the AMA's forum, but either do not log on or participate. Some of them the same folks that complain here.

AV8R - I was frustrated with the one moderator at the time, who let personal attacks sit. So I defended myself, as I felt needed, against unwarranted personal attacks. It was
at a point in time where there was a lot of out of control stuff going on, and I think I got swept up in it. Either way, I talked to Dave and he gave me a shot, as I have said before,
everything we do is an open record that can be viewed by him and others above us. If we abused the position, we would no longer hold the position.
First of all, this RCU AMA forum is masterfully moderated by Ken. I have great respect for the job Ken does here and it's probably significant to note Ken does not participate in this forum. I've seen threads disappear from this RCU AMA forum and when it's happened it's been for very good reason.

You write of a "code" and "proof" and I'd like to point out that when I've seen threads disappear here, out of respect for both the person doing the attacking and the person receiving the attack I'd never talk post or write about it after the fact - because doing so inflames the original problem that in fairness needed to be removed.

Bottom line, public forums with potential emotional volatility probably benefit from policies limiting moderator participation. Perhaps the AMA forum should consider this type of policy.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:55 AM
everman
Banned

Consider that just today on the AMA forum:

phlpdfrnk called some a brown nose
and
bradpaul called someone a weasel

(neither in a kind or kidding way)

Seems the statements about the rules being upheld unilaterally by mods there are far from the truth.

More SSDD
Old 02-15-2011, 11:21 AM
phlpsfrnk

ORIGINAL: everman

(neither in a kind or kidding way)
And you know this to be a fact because?

Just to set the record straight;
It was Brad who used the brown nose term and the weasel was a well known poster. In the context of the thread if the post was offensive to you just log on and report it.

Regards
Frank
Old 02-15-2011, 11:55 AM
KidEpoxy

No, DBCisco was a well known poster,
a well know poster that you guys chose a derogatory animal name to refer to him.
(and its not the well established proper type of animal in his avatar pic)

Shall I start referring to MrP as an animal of my choosing, and MrP will have no problems with that because MrP is well know too?
Old 02-15-2011, 12:01 PM
KidEpoxy

Did BP call someone a 'brown nose', or did he say " brown nos* " ?

Cause as long as this is a thread that brought up Hoss getting the 1st ban,
lets not lose grip on just what got Hoss that fisrt ban: typing too many X's in row was considered Masking something he shouldnt say. So, did BP just Mask his brown nose slur/insult/attack with an asterisk, or was it just some typo that put the asterick there (heh, lord knows I do enough typos to find that a reasonable theory)
Old 02-15-2011, 12:04 PM
phlpsfrnk

No, DBCisco was a well known poster,
a well know poster that you guys chose a derogatory animal name to refer to him.
(and its not the well established proper type of animal in his avatar pic)

Shall I start referring to MrP as an animal of my choosing, and MrP will have no problems with that because MrP is well know too?
You are right. He should have used Ferret. I don't know what animal you may chose but go right ahead Bucky.

Regards
Old 02-15-2011, 12:17 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok guys, time for me to step in. I know there are many of you here that just don't like each other. I get that, and I understand that. But.......... (don't you just hate that word "but"????). Let's stay civil here in these forums. Let's stop the name calling with each other. For members like DBCisco and Kid Epoxy I will allow members to refer to them as an animal type simply because they have chosen to use animals as their avatars here on RCU, but let's not start calling other members by animal names if they haven't started that ball rolling by using an animal in their avatar.

You guys don't have to like each other here in our forums, but you WILL respect each other. I've let this slide a bit as of late as for the most part everybody has behaved themselves in here. But over the last few days I've had to remove posts that are getting out of line with the name calling, taunting, or confrontational posts. So maybe it's time for me to start policing more strictly here. Let's stay civil as we participate in this forum or I'll start putting people in a time out. Sorry to have to be so harsh, but sometimes that's the only way I can get through to some of the members here.

Ken
Old 02-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Arbo

ORIGINAL: Hossfly
Your excuses er, uh, ''reasons'' remind me of a time when a number of war criminals tried to defend themselves with ''I was following orders.'' They got hung anyway.
If you do not like the site rules, then you are free to contact the administrators with any issues you have. Or in the forums suggestions you can make suggestions, but they must be civil, not attacks.

But I don't think this is about the rules. For if it was we would already heard about which ones you disliked and why. And we have not seen any such thing yet, have we?

Bottom line, public forums with potential emotional volatility probably benefit from policies limiting moderator participation. Perhaps the AMA forum should consider this type of policy.
In your opinion. And I know that your suggestion is one that would, if implemented, be loved by a few folks. But the reality is, if that is how things worked, would you and the others that
complain about that site show up and post and participate? I highly doubt it.

ORIGINAL: everman
Consider that just today on the AMA forum:
Have you logged in and reported the post and in the report said what rule it broke? Or did it take less effort to not do that, and come to another forum and complain?

ORIGINAL: RCKen
For members like DBCisco and Kid Epoxy I will allow members to refer to them as an animal type simply because they have chosen to use animals as their avatars here on RCU, but let's not start calling other members by animal names if they haven't started that ball rolling by using an animal in their avatar.
So it's ok for KE to use 'horse' or some similar thing for Frank since a horse is in his avatar?
Old 02-15-2011, 12:43 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCKen
For members like DBCisco and Kid Epoxy I will allow members to refer to them as an animal type simply because they have chosen to use animals as their avatars here on RCU, but let's not start calling other members by animal names if they haven't started that ball rolling by using an animal in their avatar.
So it's ok for KE to use 'horse' or some similar thing for Frank since a horse is in his avatar?
I've already stated my position on this issue. I'm not going to drag this out in the forums and discuss this in public. An issue such as Frank's can go either way as the "horse"isn't the focus of the avatar, whereas Kid Epoxy and DBCisco's animal was the focus of the avatar. In cases like Frank's I will discuss it privately with the member and if they have a problem with it being used then I'll take actions.But it's not going to be a matter of open discussion in our forums here.

Ken
Old 02-15-2011, 12:43 PM
bradpaul

Let's see if we can ferret out some truth, gopher [sp] broke and stop horsing around. Hopefully Ken won't snake me by flagging this post.

Brad
Old 02-15-2011, 12:48 PM
bradpaul

BTW ..... I noticed today the infamous banned icon on Hubers profile in the AMA Forum today........
Old 02-15-2011, 12:54 PM
WestCoastFlyer

In your opinion. And I know that your suggestion is one that would, if implemented, be loved by a few folks. But the reality is, if that is how things worked, would you and the others that
complain about that site show up and post and participate? I highly doubt it.
Wow. You highly doubt it? What would make a person write such an outlandish comment?

I clearly stated the issues I have with the AMA forum. If the AMA forum was moderated and run as well as this RCU AMA forum why wouldn't I participate over there? Of course I would, it would be a pleasure to participate there.

Unfortunately at this point I don't respect the AMA forum enough to even consider posting there.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Arbo

I clearly stated the issues I have with the AMA forum.
Yes, you have complained about the moderation, but have not provided any example of how any given moderator is acting outside of the rules
of that forum.

So do you have examples, or is it really just the rules you do not like, if so which ones?

Or is it just that the rules as written, are enforced, unlike some other places?

Old 02-15-2011, 01:06 PM
KidEpoxy

I don't know what animal you may chose but go right ahead Bucky.
Bucky?
You still slurring me with Bucky?
Grow a new slur there MountedHorse
Old 02-15-2011, 01:18 PM
WestCoastFlyer

I clearly stated the issues I have with the AMA forum.
Yes, you have complained about the moderation, but have not provided any example of how any given moderator is acting outside of the rules
of that forum.

So do you have examples, or is it really just the rules you do not like, if so which ones?

Or is it just that the rules as written, are enforced, unlike some other places?
I've given you an example. A moderator disrespectful of a poster - a moderator putting down a poster.

I've seen it on the AMA forum and as I said before it disgusted me.

Any other questions Arbo?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:19 PM
John Casey
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

In order to define bad moderation , we as a group would have to define...... good moderation.

What is good moderation of an issue placed in the forums?

A moderator's action's are only as good as his or her judgment.

What if the person's judgement doing the moderating is poor, and lacks objectivity?

Its not like a poster has the power to correct the poor judgement of a moderator.

What if any checks and balances does RCU have to correct the poor judgment of a moderator
and protect the user's viewpoint from being oppressed?

I raise these questions because I see lots of rules for labor, but few for management.
The constitution of our country was created to protect its citizens FROM its government.
What constitution does RCU have to protect its citizens from ITS government?

Although not a country does RCU have an HR dept, seperate from its moderators to make a judgement call?

Old 02-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Arbo

I've given you an example. A moderator disrespectful of a poster - a moderator putting down a poster.
Yes, I've read a similar line you typed before. Do you have some sort of link to such a thing, or is it a just take your word for it type thing?

For if it exists, I'd like to know why it wasn't reported, and take care of any such issue.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:31 PM
WestCoastFlyer

Yes, I've read a similar line you typed before. Do you have some sort of link to such a thing, or is it a just take your word for it type thing?

For if it exists, I'd like to know why it wasn't reported, and take care of any such issue.
Are you suggesting nothing has ever been deleted from that forum?

Old 02-15-2011, 01:33 PM

I don't know what animal you may chose but go right ahead Bucky.
Bucky?
You still slurring me with Bucky?
Grow a new slur there MountedHorse
Kid Epoxy,
About that line in your signature where you quote me, 804.
Oh, I stand behind that statement, in the context in which I made it.
But since you provide no such context, and everyone knows you disagree with it,
well, isn't that a slur?
I consider it such.
And, since it appears with every one of your posts,
you could be considered the king of all slur-ers. Slurists. Slurring persons.

Now, I don't care if you continue with the slurring.
But, it seems a bit disingenuous you complaining about slurs and all.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Arbo

I am still on the topic of you saying 'moderator disrespectful of a poster', so now I'm confused. Is that the issue or is it something else?

If so, please provide actual examples so we can take action.

If not, please clarify for me what the issue is.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:49 PM
WestCoastFlyer

I am still on the topic of you saying 'moderator disrespectful of a poster', so now I'm confused. Is that the issue or is it something else?

If so, please provide actual examples so we can take action.

If not, please clarify for me what the issue is.
Arbo, if something has been deleted the evidence is gone.

It's amusing having you imply what I did or did not read on the AMA forum.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Arbo

Arbo, if something has been deleted the evidence is gone.
Quite a predicament you have, eh?

On the other hand, if there was a rule violation (as anyone disrespecting another user would be, be it a user, moderator or admin), and it is gone, then it is
probably safe to say someone properly moderated that post, eh?

It's amusing having you imply what I did or did not read on the AMA forum.
I have no idea what you did or did not read. I merely would like to see what was there that was so bad, or if perhaps, nothing like that ever happened. I don't know the
answer, which is why I was asking. Generally though, if someone see's something they find so offensive that they leave a site, it usually is something they can remember and
thus tell others about what was said and who said it to whom.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.