Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

FAA fine against drone photographer dismissed.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

FAA fine against drone photographer dismissed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 10:47 AM
JohnShe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
As discussed it was not that simple.
Another misinterpretation, I was referring to an earlier false assumption that AMA rules were being cited.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:58 AM
JohnShe

She was an atheist, I suspect you agree with that. So if you disagree with everything she believed, then you believe in a totalitarian communist government.
Wow, what a leap! I never mentioned her atheism in my statement. I only referred to her fatally flawed and somewhat humerus philosophy of objectivism.

You are a curious thinker. How did you get from atheism (which blends well with Ayn's ridiculous philosophy) to totalitarian communism. It appears that you know very little about objectivism.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:24 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnShe
Another misinterpretation, I was referring to an earlier false assumption that AMA rules were being cited.
No that was as I commented on the NTSB ruling. You said the judge threw it out based on no FAA regulations. There was actually more to that. Got a copy of that ruling handy? You need to read all of it.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:47 AM
JohnShe

No that was as I commented on the NTSB ruling. You said the judge threw it out based on no FAA regulations. There was actually more to that. Got a copy of that ruling handy? You need to read all of it.
Right, it was a complex decision, but AMA rules were not involved in any of it. Get off that kick, you are drifting towards trolling.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:20 PM
Sport_Pilot

Wow, what a leap! I never mentioned her atheism in my statement. I only referred to her fatally flawed and somewhat humerus philosophy of objectivism.

You are a curious thinker. How did you get from atheism (which blends well with Ayn's ridiculous philosophy) to totalitarian communism. It appears that you know very little about objectivism.
You said you reject all of her ideals. That would include being an avowed capitalist and anticomunnist. Objectivism is based on the foundation of individual rights and laissez faire capitalizm. She was in short a conservitive and a libitarian. Her objectivism philosophy was not accepted by academics because it was a mix of psychology that basically was a way of making youself so aware that your basic selfishness will cause you to do moral good because you will be very aware of the good it will do yourself. While I admire the basic concept I do not think her whole philosophy is workable. Though parts of it are true (others I do not think are) we are not yet that evolved.

But in short since you reject all of her ideas you reject the idea of capitalism, less government, self motivation, and a whole host of good idea's.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:44 PM
cj_rumley

[QUOTE=Sport_Pilot;11783482][QUOTE=cj_rumley;11783447]
The word is from Greek meaning without ruler.

Way way back it was a monarchy, but since then I think we have accepted that there are other types of rulers.
Yes, and I cited another type of rulers. Do you ever read before revving up your keyboard?
Old 04-15-2014, 12:50 PM
cj_rumley

You said you reject all of her ideals. That would include being an avowed capitalist and anticomunnist. Objectivism is based on the foundation of individual rights and laissez faire capitalizm. She was in short a conservitive and a libitarian..... blah blah
"I can't spell libitarian but I are one"
Old 04-15-2014, 01:09 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

moving a bit too fast, IMHO, but:

http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/ama...as-operations/
Old 04-15-2014, 01:36 PM
cj_rumley

Originally Posted by mongo
Wait till you see their (oops..."our organization's") 2 page ad in the June modeling rags with the banner "WHATEVER YOU FLY WHEREVER YOU FLY. AMA HAS YOU COVERED."
Old 04-15-2014, 01:42 PM
bradpaul

And the morons just never stop giving proof of their idiocy.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...04-15-10-41-51

and please note that the local police and not the FAA has charged him with a felony.

Last edited by bradpaul; 04-15-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:50 PM
cj_rumley

Originally Posted by bradpaul

and please note that the local police and not the FAA has charged him with a felony.
Ooh, felony charge. The sheriff done a one-up on FAA, and I'll bet there won't be a defense that there was no law to stop him from doing what he did.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:05 PM
JohnShe

You said you reject all of her ideals. That would include being an avowed capitalist and anticomunnist. Objectivism is based on the foundation of individual rights and laissez faire capitalizm. She was in short a conservitive and a libitarian. Her objectivism philosophy was not accepted by academics because it was a mix of psychology that basically was a way of making youself so aware that your basic selfishness will cause you to do moral good because you will be very aware of the good it will do yourself. While I admire the basic concept I do not think her whole philosophy is workable. Though parts of it are true (others I do not think are) we are not yet that evolved.

But in short since you reject all of her ideas you reject the idea of capitalism, less government, self motivation, and a whole host of good idea's.
Absurd, you logical fallacy is nothing more than a red herring. I do not reject her ideals, I laugh at them, I reject her philosophy. You are not qualified to discuss the finer nature of any philosophy. Atheism has nothing top do with her philosophy. And, it is clear that you don;t even understand atheism.

And I think that we have drifted far enough off topic that we are giving RCKen heartburn.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:07 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting to note that there was even a remark in the article about the LACK OF LOCAL RULES! According to our tin foil hat bunch and this operator, that means you can get in the way of commercial aviation whenever you wish when they are under 400 feet because it is not navigable airspace.

I found it hilarious that he refused permission for the medical emergency equipment to land without additional risk after being asked by the on scene emergency responders more than once! Like some others who frequent these forums he seems to only tell tall tales on days that end in "y" - by claiming that if he knew it was a medical helicopter he would have landed immediately.

This sounds just like someone who took lessons from the pseudo constitutionalists in Georgia and does not believe the FAA has control in airspace below 400 feet and it is free for all since there are no local ordinances, laws, or regulations. I wonder how many of the short bus folks will defend this fools "rights" to endanger the general public and the aviation community with his hobby equipment being used in a non-hobby environment for non-hobby purposes. Note that I did not ask if he ever had been PAID for his aerial work, but with $4K invested in his bird it is a fairly safe bet someone has made it worth spending that much.

I hope he gets significant jail time for making the delivery of needed medical attention more difficult in an emergency situation. However, Sport did get one observation almost right even though he tried to twist it into something else. I do plead guilty to wanting to see some folks get hurt for endangering innocent folks - this is one of those times.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:10 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Ooh, felony charge. The sheriff done a one-up on FAA, and I'll bet there won't be a defense that there was no law to stop him from doing what he did.
Right, failure to obey a lawful order, endangering a medivac. They should hang him by his balls.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:41 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Definitely remove his ability to reproduce more idiots. Some village obviously let their idiot get away.

Dennis
Old 04-15-2014, 05:19 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

And I think that we have drifted far enough off topic that we are giving RCKen heartburn.

Sorry, I've been doing this for quite a long time now. It's going to take more than just wandering a bit off topic to give me heartburn!!!

Ken
Old 04-16-2014, 04:43 AM
Sport_Pilot

[QUOTE=cj_rumley;11783650][QUOTE=Sport_Pilot;11783482]

Yes, and I cited another type of rulers. Do you ever read before revving up your keyboard?
I think you need to learn to write, your post clearly implys that anarchy does not refer to modern rullers and not to modern ones.

My original meaning that anarchists do not believe in laws is still correct for modern times.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:47 AM
Sport_Pilot

"I can't spell libitarian but I are one"
I did not comment on your mispellings, so your reply is clearly because you have no other arguement. BTW I do not use a spelling checker.

I consider spelling nazi's complete ASS's.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:49 AM
Sport_Pilot

The FAA will likely request that they dismiss the charge.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:51 AM
Sport_Pilot

Yes that is correct because the FAA has a mandate to keep its airways clear of obstuctions and the helicopter routes and rules also create navigable airspace for helicopters only.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:57 AM
Sport_Pilot

I do not reject her ideals, I laugh at them, I reject her philosophy. You are not qualified to discuss the finer nature of any philosophy. Atheism has nothing top do with her philosophy. And, it is clear that you don;t even understand atheism.
Actually to laugh at her ideals is to laugh at capitalism so that makes you a communist, though maybe not of the soviet style. And atheism is part of her philosphy in that it is intended to replace and do what religion is attempting. To make men moral and to do good to one another. I don't think she would have adopted that philosphy, at least not to the extent she did.

IMO you are the one not qualified to discus philosphy as your lack of understanding of her philosphy clearly shows.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:01 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by Jim Branaum
Interesting to note that there was even a remark in the article about the LACK OF LOCAL RULES! According to our tin foil hat bunch and this operator, that means you can get in the way of commercial aviation whenever you wish when they are under 400 feet because it is not navigable airspace.

I found it hilarious that he refused permission for the medical emergency equipment to land without additional risk after being asked by the on scene emergency responders more than once! Like some others who frequent these forums he seems to only tell tall tales on days that end in "y" - by claiming that if he knew it was a medical helicopter he would have landed immediately.

This sounds just like someone who took lessons from the pseudo constitutionalists in Georgia and does not believe the FAA has control in airspace below 400 feet and it is free for all since there are no local ordinances, laws, or regulations. I wonder how many of the short bus folks will defend this fools "rights" to endanger the general public and the aviation community with his hobby equipment being used in a non-hobby environment for non-hobby purposes. Note that I did not ask if he ever had been PAID for his aerial work, but with $4K invested in his bird it is a fairly safe bet someone has made it worth spending that much.

I hope he gets significant jail time for making the delivery of needed medical attention more difficult in an emergency situation. However, Sport did get one observation almost right even though he tried to twist it into something else. I do plead guilty to wanting to see some folks get hurt for endangering innocent folks - this is one of those times.
Your ignorance is astounding. The FARS clearly identify that helicoptors are allowed to fly below the minimum altitudes and just as when an airplane lands on a private field, becomes navigable airspace for the time the heilicopter is traveling though it.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:30 AM
bradpaul

I doubt that as it better serves their purpose to have the locals handle this. A lawyer for a criminal trial will cost the guy at least $10,000 and probably a lot more. And then there is the potential civil liability if his actions caused a delay in treatment to the accident victim.

Yes the copier repairman in in a world of hurt and an example will be made.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:49 AM
JohnShe

Really? Why?
Old 04-16-2014, 07:00 AM
JohnShe

Actually to laugh at her ideals is to laugh at capitalism so that makes you a communist, though maybe not of the soviet style. And atheism is part of her philosphy in that it is intended to replace and do what religion is attempting. To make men moral and to do good to one another. I don't think she would have adopted that philosphy, at least not to the extent she did.

IMO you are the one not qualified to discus philosphy as your lack of understanding of her philosphy clearly shows.
Quite correct, objectivisim obviates religion in any sense. It does not espouse capitalism, only greed. Since she fled from the Stalinesqe soviet union which was a perversion of true Marxist communism her contempt for the failing soviet economic system was perfectly natural. However, her philosophy is totally unworkable in a democratic state whose main economic system is based on capitalism. When I think of objectivism, I am reminded of Virginia Wolfe's remark, "there is no there there".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.