Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

FAA fine against drone photographer dismissed.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

FAA fine against drone photographer dismissed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 07:03 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnShe
Really? Why?
Because they have before, though that was probably vehicular charges I am thinking of. Not charges on interfering with an emergency crew.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:06 AM
Sport_Pilot

It does not espouse capitalism, only greed
And capitalism with no (or very very little) regulation as I said before.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:23 AM
JohnShe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
And capitalism with no (or very very little) regulation as I said before.
Right, greed.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:39 AM
JohnShe

Because they have before, though that was probably vehicular charges I am thinking of. Not charges on interfering with an emergency crew.
It's the same as if he had interfered with an ambulance. He is in serious trouble. LOL! Aviation charges, if any will be an FAA issue and they can certainly act if they choose to. Now that 112-95 is signed, they might have some clout.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:41 AM
Sport_Pilot

They have acted when someone threw stones at a helicopter I believe. There are some regulation on obstuction of aircraft.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:43 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by JohnShe
Right, greed.
I disagree that they are one and the same. But greed is good for economic health. The issue is not greed but not letting greed consume oneself or the economic system.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:04 AM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your ignorance is astounding. The FARS clearly identify that helicoptors are allowed to fly below the minimum altitudes and just as when an airplane lands on a private field, becomes navigable airspace for the time the heilicopter is traveling though it.
I am sorry but my tin foil hat strongly suggests that either the airspace is navigable or it is not. Kind of like being pregnant - they are or they are not. Since you insist that you are the local expert on the FAA regulations, try quoting the one that substantiates your latest silliness. We wouldn't want everyone to get the idea that you tell lies all the time.

An example of your total inconsistency is
The FAA will likely request that they dismiss the charge.
followed by
In short you are suggesting that it is OK to interfere with a flying licensed aircraft under 400 feet. Great idea! I want you to be riding one of those emergency birds when it hits one of your buddies sUAV. Then you can tell us exactly how wonderfully safe it is.

Please try to be consistent, even when you launch your lame personal attacks. It will make more folks love you.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:45 AM
cj_rumley

Yes that is correct because the FAA has a mandate to keep its airways clear of obstuctions and the helicopter routes and rules also create navigable airspace for helicopters only.
Wrong. The charges levied against the perp had nothing to do with FAA or its mandates.
Please stop replying to my posts. Whether you are agreeing or 'correcting,' your muddling only raises the noise floor of the forum.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:32 AM
JohnShe

I disagree that they are one and the same. But greed is good for economic health. The issue is not greed but not letting greed consume oneself or the economic system.
Right, regulations!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:19 AM
bradpaul

Some here would have you believe that if any of the 911 terrorists survived that the charges would be dropped so the FAA could prosecute them for flying a commercial aircraft without a license.

Not me but it is consistent with the position of other posters.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:23 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by bradpaul
Some here would have you believe that if any of the 911 terrorists survived that the charges would be dropped so the FAA could prosecute them for flying a commercial aircraft without a license.

Not me but it is consistent with the position of other posters.

You have to be kidding? Which posters?

Personally I would consider adding it to the charges of mass murder, but it would be moot.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:26 AM
Sport_Pilot

In short you are suggesting that it is OK to interfere with a flying licensed aircraft under 400 feet.
As Reagan said "there you go again". Obviously you twist the truth to meet your own desire.

I never said any such thing. Navigable airspace is defined by the FARS and not me. I described it as FAA reps said years ago. Here is the definition from CFR Part 14 Section 1.1.

Navigable airspace means airspace at
and above the minimum flight altitudes
prescribed by or under this chapter,
including airspace needed for safe
takeoff and landing.

So obviously when using a helicopter which can fly lower than other aircraft, and especially one which is about to land. Then the navigable airspace changes around the aircraft.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Wrong. The charges levied against the perp had nothing to do with FAA or its mandates.
Please stop replying to my posts. Whether you are agreeing or 'correcting,' your muddling only raises the noise floor of the forum.
I agree, but I have doubts the FAA will. They have suprised me before.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As Reagan said "there you go again". Obviously you twist the truth to meet your own desire.
SNIP

So obviously when using a helicopter which can fly lower than other aircraft, and especially one which is about to land. Then the navigable airspace changes around the aircraft.

Really? Ya think? Why is that? You argued strongly that there should be no FAA involvement below 400 feet when we were talking about commercial operators and now you claim it is different? I need another layer of tin foil to deal with your constant personal attacks coupled with the twisting and turning you do when questioned closely.

Speaking of twisting things to meet your own desires, please tell us why you are NOW depending on the FAA when they were not even involved in the incident? Sure sounds to many like you just enjoy stirring the pot and pretending to be a drama queen unless you are now taking the position that the Federal Government has control on what local charges may and may not be filed.

Please explain which of your inconsistencies we are supposed to believe today.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:44 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

time to get rid of the drone and get something new on here
Old 04-16-2014, 02:58 PM
bradpaul

Default Drones as a political advertisement

Well it has now gotten so bad that drones are the new target for congressional candidates to take aim at. ( pun intended)

http://www.nationaljournal.com/tech/...drone-20140416
Old 04-16-2014, 06:37 PM
cj_rumley

Well it has now gotten so bad that drones are the new target for congressional candidates to take aim at. ( pun intended)

Before this thread I thought a pol campaigning for the loony-tunes vote was himself mad. Now I'm not ROFL about it.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:23 PM
Sport_Pilot

Really? Ya think? Why is that? You argued strongly that there should be no FAA involvement below 400 feet when we were talking about commercial operators and now you claim it is different?
This has been brought up before. When a helicopter is in the area all model or UAV flying should cease. I have never changed my position. You simply refuse to understand.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:26 PM
Sport_Pilot

Not sure if this is good or bad.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:45 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Not sure if this is good or bad.
Probably will be a real shock for you guys...but I'd vote for him in a heartbeat!
Old 04-17-2014, 02:51 AM
bruceal

The other day I was made aware of a video that was shot at a park across the street from our club's flying field. It was made by a club member flying his quad without FPV. Besides flying over people, there is a heliport right next door. Our club has been directly across the street for six years without incident. Our policy has always been to either land or get down low when a helicopter is approaching. Likewise, helicopter pilots will usually go around our field on approach if they see cars parked there.

I spoke to the owner of the heliport to reassure him that people flying in the park is a concern for both of us. His son who is co owner told me that he has seen this activity for himself. I told them that if a club member is caught flying in the park they will be removed from the club. I don't care what a person is flying, it's never ok to fly over people especially in such close proximity to full scale air traffic.

Our club allows quads and cameras but not FPV. This person could have flown his quad at the field if he wanted too. His actions prove our point, why fly over goose crap and a swamp when there is a marina and park to see across the street.

Last edited by bruceal; 04-17-2014 at 05:00 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-17-2014, 04:19 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Probably will be a real shock for you guys...but I'd vote for him in a heartbeat!
As would I, but not sure if the publicity is good for sUAV's and by extension R/C models.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:37 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Originally Posted by bruceal
I told them that if a club member is caught flying in the park they will be removed from the club.
That ought to do it...
Old 04-17-2014, 05:46 AM
bruceal

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
That ought to do it...
Meaning? The point is that if you are willing to fly over people and intrude on full scale airspace, we don't want you in our club. And that goes for every form of model aviation.

Last edited by bruceal; 04-17-2014 at 05:52 AM. Reason: finish post
Old 04-17-2014, 06:14 AM
Sport_Pilot

I think he mean't that the individual could keep doing the same thing without being a member. Perhaps he would expect you to turn him to the cops or Feds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.