Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Big Change!

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Big Change!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 01:27 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Big Change!

Just got an email from AMA apologizing for the misspell of my name in the Model Aviation magazine.

Guess sometimes a little squawking makes a change, Yet the magazine cannot be changed, just the web site.

Later!

Hoss
Old 09-26-2014, 03:59 PM
cj_rumley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mighta been just a Freudian slip anyway, Hoss - like they subconsciously fear you'll bring the Cain(e) mutiny to Munchie.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:41 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Mighta been just a Freudian slip anyway, Hoss - like they subconsciously fear you'll bring the Cain(e) mutiny to Munchie.
Mr. Rumley, you are probably correct. However the big thing was the large posting above the page where AMA made such a strong statement which, in paraphrase, simply stated, "We do not make mistakes. Any mistake made is the fault of the originator." That was, IMO, a direct slam at all, but me for sure. I have always been in hot-water with AMA management from John Worth to Mathewson. Presidents, I manage OK, but paid staff is another thing, with two exceptions, one nice lady that has been in AMA staff for a long time. The other was the Executive Director prior to the current one. He was a fair-minded trooper. 'Nuff said!

Just to add: Past weekend I was at the large event by the TRI CITY FLYERS near San Antonio. Super great bunch of folks. Great food, lots of flying except some rain Sat. PM. These guys really put on an event. Got to talk with some AMA Staff and other good guys.
Don't miss that 2-day event next year. Great food as Dicky Rich of RC fame has a fantastic Barbecue machine. See you there next year!

Last edited by Hossfly; 09-29-2014 at 11:34 AM.