Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Old 06-09-2015, 06:40 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Why don't we just stop feeding the troll?
ironic...why don't you add something to the conversation other than one line zingers and political crap?
Old 06-09-2015, 06:48 AM
Sport_Pilot

I did not make political comments, only to show that this is not very important. Other's need to ignore the hysterical ones.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:50 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Hi Ira ,

I just wanted to point out here , that as a new member , in order to join any RC club I've ever joined , I and every other new member had to fly a demonstration flight to prove having the skills to fly without endangering the other members . At each club it wasn't treated like a big deal , no 100 question written test , just one of the club officers watching the new member(S) fly one flight and it usually only took less than a minute to know who could fly VS who needed a bit more work on the buddy box before they were turned loose . Someone with skills is easy to spot . So is someone who still needs a bit of practice on those skills . I'm happy that the clubs in my area have training programs in place for people who have no previous RC experience but who want to take up the hobby . And sure , for every 10 or 15 recruits they may only get one new member , but any new members are better than the net loss most clubs seem to have faced over the past 20 years or so .

So I gotta ask , do clubs in your area do a check flight for new members , or do they just join , pay their dues , and fly without being observed by a club officer first ?
I am not aware of any clubs in my area that require a check flight for new members and I have belonged to about five.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:39 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why dont they or someone put a jet engine on a test stand run it to 400mph and fly a drone in to it and see what happens i donr belive all the stuff put on this site
Old 06-09-2015, 10:10 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Originally Posted by [email protected]
why dont they or someone put a jet engine on a test stand run it to 400mph and fly a drone in to it and see what happens i donr belive all the stuff put on this site
The problem is that is very expensive and results can vary based on infinite variables. The answer is to keep all our models out of the path of full scale... really not difficult to do... For those that don't, need their arse handed to them.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:03 AM
porcia83
Banned

I did not make political comments, only to show that this is not very important. Other's need to ignore the hysterical ones.
Do you even read what you write? Your words:

Because they won't cause any real damage. OK it is a problem, but not the screaming urgency on this board. I would rather kill Obamacare than solve this.

Obamacare is related to this thread how? It's not political how? How is calling someone a troll showing anything but poor form? The comment preceding yours was a suggestion that wasn't trollish or hysterical.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:20 PM
porcia83
Banned

http://<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=991f1a96cd62" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Almost got it....was soooo close!

Because this is what firemen need to worry about on the job?

1.20 mark is the good part.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:34 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Hi Ira ,

I just wanted to point out here , that as a new member , in order to join any RC club I've ever joined , I and every other new member had to fly a demonstration flight to prove having the skills to fly without endangering the other members . At each club it wasn't treated like a big deal , no 100 question written test , just one of the club officers watching the new member(S) fly one flight and it usually only took less than a minute to know who could fly VS who needed a bit more work on the buddy box before they were turned loose . Someone with skills is easy to spot . So is someone who still needs a bit of practice on those skills . I'm happy that the clubs in my area have training programs in place for people who have no previous RC experience but who want to take up the hobby . And sure , for every 10 or 15 recruits they may only get one new member , but any new members are better than the net loss most clubs seem to have faced over the past 20 years or so .

So I gotta ask , do clubs in your area do a check flight for new members , or do they just join , pay their dues , and fly without being observed by a club officer first ?
Only one club that I know of in SE Wisconsin, do u have to prove u can fly to Solo others just put up with ya and let ya crash a lot. Further more at the club i fly at most in the summer they refuse to say anything to anyone that breaks the rules or fly's over the pits. Our guy that does most of the instructing won't say or take over when a student flys ofer the flight line and just let's fly willy nilly all over the place no pattern discipline at all. I Don't dare say anything, or I'm causing trouble. I've pretty much been ignored or even chastised by the POWERS THAT BE when I do speak up.
A lot of times it's the people in charge, ya know the club officers.

Last edited by HoundDog; 06-09-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:41 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

I disagree with you 100% Every thing you post is negative, You Sir,are not willing to introduce some brain matter activity with common sense.
You Sir are the TROLL that iritterites most people here. You have nothing to say but Smart A** remarks and show No Knowledge on even what we are discussing on this thread.
It would be better off if you not reply with your scarsastic remarks., we all would be better off.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:46 PM
FLAPHappy

Originally Posted by porcia83
ironic...why don't you add something to the conversation other than one line zingers and political crap?
Porcia: he doe's not know how too. He just slings is Political zingers in when he want too.Makes him feel good I guess?
Old 06-09-2015, 02:47 PM
FLAPHappy

Not important to YOU?? That's all you are concerned with is YOU.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:52 PM
FLAPHappy

Not if the model just bounces off the plane, which is likely.
Another Brain Storm you have, Just bounce off the Airliner??? Hummm....... I HAVE to think about this brilliant remark........ OK ,I am done.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:57 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by FLAPHappy
I disagree with you 100% Every thing you post is negative, You Sir,are not willing to introduce some brain matter activity with common sense.
You Sir are the TROLL that iritterites most people here. You have nothing to say but Smart A** remarks and show No Knowledge on even what we are discussing on this thread.
It would be better off if you not reply with your scarsastic remarks., we all would be better off.
Hey Flap Happy ,

I Know Sport's "devil's advocate" position can be annoying to some , I understand some folks aren't looking to play "point and counterpoint" with every idea they post . But that's Sport . It's who he is , But , also , for better or worse he IS one of us , an old technologically curious guy like the rest of us . If he says something you agree with , great . If he says something you disagree with , it's your choice to either challenge him on it or just ignore it completely . But to tell a fellow RC nut he can't post just cause you don't like his posts is taking things just a bit TOO seriously , in my not so humble opinion .

I'll bet if he stops seeing responses to his politically motivated posts , he'll stop posting them . It's the response that keeps such material in print . If you and no one else responded to off topic chatter , don't ya think the thread would return to the stated subject all the quicker ?
Old 06-09-2015, 03:17 PM
FLAPHappy

Hey Flap Happy ,

I Know Sport's "devil's advocate" position can be annoying to some , I understand some folks aren't looking to play "point and counterpoint" with every idea they post . But that's Sport . It's who he is , But , also , for better or worse he IS one of us , an old technologically curious guy like the rest of us . If he says something you agree with , great . If he says something you disagree with , it's your choice to either challenge him on it or just ignore it completely . But to tell a fellow RC nut he can't post just cause you don't like his posts is taking things just a bit TOO seriously , in my not so humble opinion .

I'll bet if he stops seeing responses to his politically motivated posts , he'll stop posting them . It's the response that keeps such material in print . If you and no one else responded to off topic chatter , don't ya think the thread would return to the stated subject all the quicker ?

Init: yes I agree, and I do not want any Politics involved with this subject matter nor should it be involved with any R/C subject matter, that in itself distracts from the actual subject. No place for it.I don't think most of us here reading this want it either.
They can spout off on Face book or whatever or wherever they want to but, not here in in a public forum that are interested in the subject matter involved only. Not political issues we get stormed with everyday on the News.
And yes, there are Political Issues we all have to deal with, but it involves R/C and the Hobby, not Democrat and Republican politics. I am sick of it, are not you??

Last edited by FLAPHappy; 06-09-2015 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:44 PM
init4fun

Thankfully Flap Happy my Friend , the politics at the local club are non existent and that's fine with me . We don't seem to have the problem of too many wanting to run the show and impose their view on the club , instead we have the same folks voted in year after year cause no one else wants the job . Now as to "real" politics , the whole left/right thing , yes sir I agree 100% that stuff is toxic to any RC discussion it's interjected into . Sometimes , political figures do something good for our hobby , like Sen. Imhoff did (hope I spelled his name right) and if mentioned without the left/right slant it's good to know we have political people on our side . But Obamacare ? No way , I can't see a single parallel that could be drawn between RC flying and how the country handles paying for health care . So it flat out don't belong here . Because once left/right politics is allowed in , the door is opened for all kinds of irrelevant social issues to creep in behind it , and then our forum ain't about RC anymore .

In closing , let me say , "keep full scale and RC like you'd keep vinegar and baking soda , great and useful when kept apart , and a disaster when mixed" .....
Old 06-09-2015, 05:06 PM
fnlrun
My Feedback: (2)

Half these claims are BS. Even the Pilots Union said as much.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:31 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by fnlrun
Half these claims are BS. Even the Pilots Union said as much.

I'd like to think so . In fact , I'd hope 3/4 or even 7/8 of em are BS , but even then 1/8 or 1/4 are still far too many to allow to happen . Id take the ideal number to be , zero ....
Old 06-09-2015, 05:58 PM
porcia83
Banned

http://<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TgPaJHBMIeU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don't know if the guy was drunk or not, irrelevant anyway. If he had a problem with the quad he either could have asked for him to stop, or called someone to deal with it. But, does this outfit really need to test and film the sensitivity of their phantom in the middle of a city/town street? They can't find anywhere else to fly? And the request at the end to get the word out to "stop drone violence" seems a bit off, how about you don't do something that puts your quad in harms way?
Old 06-09-2015, 06:21 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Default what is TheEdge really trying to say?

Originally Posted by TheEdge
It's really comforting to see how you have changed Porcia, changed since your final ban from RCG.

So refreshing to see you try to help the folks here on RCU that exhibit the same behavior which you exercised for years on RCG. Very encouraging to see how you are turning it around.
May I suggest, it might be worth considering coaching, coaching with a little story about the you then and the you now,,,,how you saw the light to turn it around and become the overhauled or reconditioned and suitable for the forums once again, Porcia
some one seems to have their REARHURT with this post! What are you trying to really say TheEdge?

Last edited by PLANE JIM; 06-09-2015 at 06:24 PM. Reason: what is TheEdge really trying to say?
Old 06-09-2015, 06:53 PM
littlecrankshaf

Man, I can hardly wait for the next episode. I'm thinking Flaphappy is hound dog's long lost brother and they finally find out... The suspense will sell a lot of soap...
Old 06-09-2015, 07:07 PM
FLAPHappy

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Man, I can hardly wait for the next episode. I'm thinking Flaphappy is hound dog's long lost brother and they finally find out... The suspense will sell a lot of soap...
LCS: I think you have it all wrong friend. I do agree with some of HD'S remarks as well as others in this forum. There will be no Soap sales this week, except in your local store.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:22 PM
FLAPHappy

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
LCS: Oh, I forgot one thing, please do not compare people by what they think or how they feel. I assume you read the Bible according to your quotation on you title, People have different views on everything, and not everybody will see your side of view on any subject. They never have and never will.

Don't group people into one class because you don't like what they say, they have the right to say what they think is right, so be it.
As for your quotation, if you don't know what Sins were committed, I am truly sorry for you.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:30 PM
warningshot

LCS: Oh, I forgot one thing, please do not compare people by what they think or how they feel. I assume you read the Bible according to your quotation on you title, People have different views on everything, and not everybody will see your side of view on any subject. They never have and never will. Don't group people into one class because you don't like what they say, they have the right to say what they think is right, so be it. As for your quotation, if you don't know what Sins were committed, I am truly sorry for you.
I see you think politics is a no-no but talking the Bible is ok by you.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:14 PM
littlecrankshaf

LCS: Oh, I forgot one thing, please do not compare people by what they think or how they feel. I assume you read the Bible according to your quotation on you title, People have different views on everything, and not everybody will see your side of view on any subject. They never have and never will.

Don't group people into one class because you don't like what they say, they have the right to say what they think is right, so be it.
As for your quotation, if you don't know what Sins were committed, I am truly sorry for you.
Hmmm....are you my long lost uncle? Last I heard you boarded the Titanic... LOL

Why is it I "feel" you have no sense of humor???

Hmmm...Should I group you in curmudgeon category???

The AMA forums sure have some really serious people when it comes to having fun...but the good thing is they know what's best for everyone else...

Oh, I didn't mean that in any political way...almost forgot that disclaimer...
Old 06-10-2015, 04:53 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
http://<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TgPaJHBMIeU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don't know if the guy was drunk or not, irrelevant anyway. If he had a problem with the quad he either could have asked for him to stop, or called someone to deal with it. But, does this outfit really need to test and film the sensitivity of their phantom in the middle of a city/town street? They can't find anywhere else to fly? And the request at the end to get the word out to "stop drone violence" seems a bit off, how about you don't do something that puts your quad in harms way?
Ok, this guys went to far legally. The pilot was just testing out his new toy.

But then, the old guy may have just save someone a big headache by teaching this twerp a little lesson about the proper place to fly RC. In all, I say cool move.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.