Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

time to stop the dromes..........NOW

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

time to stop the dromes..........NOW

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 08:11 AM
JohnShe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bradpaul
spin, spin, spin Who are you to allow to say what I "mighty" allow? We KNOW from your prior posts that you are a self declared protector of the citizens against injury from toy airplanes. Got a badge (other then Cub Scout?)
I have never said or implied what you have just said. I have always said and I will say it again, If I feel threatened or endangered by the irresponsible behavior of anyone in any way I will report them to law enforcement. This includes irresponsible use of model aircraft, guns, vehicles or any other device or even behavior that could cause harm to me or my property. Also, if I see any activity that clearly creates a danger to other people or their property, I will also notify law enforcement. I don't see how or why anyone would think this is wrong.

I will admit, that for us all, determining the exact nature of irresponsible behavior is a tough call. I have often used the list of actions in the FAA complaint against Pirker as an example of the types of behavior that I would consider reporting. The AMA safety guidelines are also worth considering to determine if an activity is dangerous enough to report. Flying a toy in your backyard is one thing, but flying it over a crowed is something else.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:55 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Why do I feel like...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2014-12-03 at 10.51.38 AM.png
Views:	58
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	2051878  
Old 12-03-2014, 09:13 AM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by JohnShe
I have never said or implied what you have just said. I have always said and I will say it again, If I feel threatened or endangered by the irresponsible behavior of anyone in any way I will report them to law enforcement.
If you feel so threatened, why are willing to wait and see if the "authorities" will even show? That's a weird concept to me when you think about it a little bit. Do you feel you have no right to man-up and protect you and yours?
Old 12-03-2014, 09:31 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never said or implied what you have just said. I have always said and I will say it again, If I feel threatened or endangered by the irresponsible behavior of anyone in any way I will report them to law enforcement. This includes irresponsible use of model aircraft, guns, vehicles or any other device or even behavior that could cause harm to me or my property. Also, if I see any activity that clearly creates a danger to other people or their property, I will also notify law enforcement. I don't see how or why anyone would think this is wrong.

I will admit, that for us all, determining the exact nature of irresponsible behavior is a tough call. I have often used the list of actions in the FAA complaint against Pirker as an example of the types of behavior that I would consider reporting. The AMA safety guidelines are also worth considering to determine if an activity is dangerous enough to report. Flying a toy in your backyard is one thing, but flying it over a crowed is something else.
I'll bet your a real HIT at your RC field. Been there done that. A few years ago I got on anything and every thing and any one that I felt caused a danger to property or persons at the RC field. Got so no one would talk to me. Last 2 years or so I just bit my tongue every time some one caused some sort of safety incident. Guess what my fellow RC'ers have started talking to me again and a lot times they will have a conversation with an offender, Unless he is one of the "IN CROWD" of course.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:39 AM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by HoundDog
I'll bet your a real HIT at your RC field.
I bet Christmas morning is going to be fun in his neighborhood too. I can here it now... "911, what can we do for you now John?" LOL
Old 12-03-2014, 09:54 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by HoundDog
I'll bet your a real HIT at your RC field. Been there done that. A few years ago I got on anything and every thing and any one that I felt caused a danger to property or persons at the RC field. Got so no one would talk to me. Last 2 years or so I just bit my tongue every time some one caused some sort of safety incident. Guess what my fellow RC'ers have started talking to me again and a lot times they will have a conversation with an offender, Unless he is one of the "IN CROWD" of course.
I have never observed irresponsible behavior at my RC field. We have some pretty good people. I have seen hardware fail and I have seen the wind cause problems but these instances are rare and not an issue. I have made some mistakes while learning and so have other members, but these acts were not irresponsible behavior.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:59 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
I bet Christmas morning is going to be fun in his neighborhood too. I can here it now... "911, what can we do for you now John?" LOL
It would seem that in your viewpoint there is no such thing as irresponsible behavior. Wouldn't such a viewpoint obviate the necessity and purpose of this very thread?
Old 12-03-2014, 10:13 AM
littlecrankshaf

It would seem that in your viewpoint there is no such thing as irresponsible behavior. Wouldn't such a viewpoint obviate the necessity and purpose of this very thread?

No...you are very wrong. Actually I have very strong convictions about how to handle irresponsible people...but it does not include revolving doors on our correctional facilities like you seem to advocate/support with the words you have written here in this forum...
Old 12-03-2014, 10:28 AM
JohnShe

No...you are very wrong. Actually I have very strong convictions about how to handle irresponsible people...but it does not include revolving doors on our correctional facilities like you seem to advocate/support with the words you have written here in this forum...
You have grievously misinterpreted my words, almost in a troll like fashion. I don't know anything about a revolving door. I do know that there are legitimate law enforcement actions that can be taken. It is not up to me or you to decide how to respond or to punish, even if it is called for. Our role is self preservation, our method is law enforcement. I tink it is wrong to take personal action when the law is better suited. We are supposed to be living in a civilized country that operates under the rule of law.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:36 AM
bradpaul

You have grievously misinterpreted my words, almost in a troll like fashion. I don't know anything about a revolving door. I do know that there are legitimate law enforcement actions that can be taken. It is not up to me or you to decide how to respond or to punish, even if it is called for. Our role is self preservation, our method is law enforcement. I tink it is wrong to take personal action when the law is better suited. We are supposed to be living in a civilized country that operates under the rule of law.
Tell that to POTUS........................

Limited LEO resources should not be used to harass toy airplanes when they could be used to solve, murders, rapes,assaults and burglaries.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

HUH!!!!! OH give me a break talk about the little white dog syndrome. Have you been stuck in the Bat Cave too long sniffing CA? Somebody get the guy some HE ROE cookies. AH or is this all talk about "If I had a chance this is the way I would handle it".
Are you sure your not some adolescent sitting behind the screen eating chips and popping zits?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vigilante_590_439.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	2051899  

Last edited by Propworn; 12-03-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:49 AM
JohnShe

Tell that to POTUS........................

Limited LEO resources should not be used to harass toy airplanes when they could be used to solve, murders, rapes,assaults and burglaries.
That is an amusing thought. Tell me why you think our legal resources are so limited when the police seem to have no problem blowing away kids with BB guns or shooting drunks walking down the middle of the street.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:50 AM
bradpaul

Originally Posted by Propworn
HUH!!!!! OH give me a break talk about the little white dog syndrome. Have you been stuck in the Bat Cave too long sniffing CA? Somebody get the guy some HE ROE cookies. AH or is this all talk about "If I had a chance this is the way I would handle it".
Are you sure your not some adolescent sitting behind the screen eating chips and popping zits?
As you are from CaNaDa what dog do you have in this hunt?
Old 12-03-2014, 10:54 AM
bradpaul

That is an amusing thought. Tell me why you think our legal resources are so limited when the police seem to have no problem blowing away kids with BB guns or shooting drunks walking down the middle of the street.
Thanks John, I will forward your opine on the police to the Round Hill, VA police department........ Good luck with calling them to arrest a toy airplane pilot.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:18 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They were already on duty when they tried to take their gun from them or pointed their realistic BB gun at them. The police have a right to protect themselves.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Propworn

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

As you are from CaNaDa what dog do you have in this hunt?
i fly as much in the US as I do in Canada and he's just plain funny. Thinks he's a bad ass Clint Eastwood seen to many movies.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:53 AM
JohnShe

Thanks John, I will forward your opine on the police to the Round Hill, VA police department........ Good luck with calling them to arrest a toy airplane pilot.
Is that all you can do? BTW: It would be the Loudoun County Sheriffs office. And I don't call unless it is important, but you wouldn't understand that would you?
Old 12-03-2014, 11:54 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
They were already on duty when they tried to take their gun from them or pointed their realistic BB gun at them. The police have a right to protect themselves.
If you believe that, i have a bridge to sell you.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:31 PM
crash99

Ok, 9 pages of this and that. For those of you that don't have a UAV that you all are calling a drone, let me help you understand how the reports from airline pilots hold no real weight with us the fly UAVs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a DJI Hex (that is larger than a phantom) is no larger than a dot at 200 meters away. A airline jet lands at 161 mph or grater. So if a pilot is able to focus at the dot in the air then he or she has around 71 milliseconds until the dot in the sky is gone.

could the pilot really ID it as a DJI phantom, quadcopter, balloons, a bird? If they can that would be a super human action. It appears the word drone is the first thing that pop into their head and the incorrect statement is made. It is what it is.

Now for those calling for the ban of the LHS stop selling one of the hottest RC product? Pipe dream. What about the millions all ready sold and in use? This is really about taking out rights away. Ask yourself something. Have you ever thought a person in the USSR would have more rights in flying toy aircrafts than a person in the USA? It's already happened.

Crash99
Old 12-04-2014, 08:44 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hobby People just put their entire inventory of drones on sale. Coincidence or do they see that the end is near?
Old 12-04-2014, 09:31 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by flycatch
Hobby People just put their entire inventory of drones on sale. Coincidence or do they see that the end is near?
Cool, XMas presents for the grandkids.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:55 AM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

It's amazing how the Human Race can be so mind boggling intelligent and at the same time so mind numbingly stupid. I'm actually very surprised we have not accidentally caused our own extinction yet.

How about we just ground all full scale aircraft? Problem solved. j/k lol

All the poeple that want very strict regulations or all out bans answer me this:

How did alcohol prohibition work out? Created a black market, loss of taxes, countless lives ruined and lots of deaths.
How has the illegality of prostitution worked out? More STD's, wasting enormous resources on non-violent victomless crimes, countless lives ruined.
How has the war on peo........drugs worked out? I could go on forever. 1 trillion spent, millions of lives ruined, families destroyed, 25% of this countries populous jailed and drugs are now easier to get and cheaper then ever before! Probably one of the Governments most epic of FAILS!
How are stricter gun laws working out? Other then helping to disarm law abiding citizens, i'd say it's going pretty well.
How well do you think banning FPV will work out? Good freakin' luck with that! See the war on peo.....drugs. If you spend over a trillion dollars, have an agency specifically set up for said task and after 40 years have a worse problem then what you started with, then I cannot wait to see how anyone is going to enforce drone, FPV, etc.

I truly feel bad for all you guys that live in populated areas. I can drive 8 minutes to the top of a 700' hill and take off from a dirt road. No houses for miles. Can see about 30 miles. Turbine wind farm is about 25-30 miles away and I can see it clearly. No air traffic. No airports. Clean air. Beautiful sunsets.

Just because I cannot resist: JohnShe, I caught more than one spelling error in a couple of your posts. Stay cool bro!
Old 12-04-2014, 12:40 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by mike1974
It's amazing how the Human Race can be so mind boggling intelligent and at the same time so mind numbingly stupid. I'm actually very surprised we have not accidentally caused our own extinction yet.

How about we just ground all full scale aircraft? Problem solved. j/k lol

All the poeple that want very strict regulations or all out bans answer me this:

How did alcohol prohibition work out? Created a black market, loss of taxes, countless lives ruined and lots of deaths.
How has the illegality of prostitution worked out? More STD's, wasting enormous resources on non-violent victomless crimes, countless lives ruined.
How has the war on peo........drugs worked out? I could go on forever. 1 trillion spent, millions of lives ruined, families destroyed, 25% of this countries populous jailed and drugs are now easier to get and cheaper then ever before! Probably one of the Governments most epic of FAILS!
How are stricter gun laws working out? Other then helping to disarm law abiding citizens, i'd say it's going pretty well.
How well do you think banning FPV will work out? Good freakin' luck with that! See the war on peo.....drugs. If you spend over a trillion dollars, have an agency specifically set up for said task and after 40 years have a worse problem then what you started with, then I cannot wait to see how anyone is going to enforce drone, FPV, etc.
There is a difference between regulatory action and complete prohibition. For instance full scale aviation is well regulated and as a result, accidents are far fewer than they were when the FAA was first created. Accidents that do occur are thoroughly investigated and corrective actions are taken. This is not the same as Prohibition in any sense. As far as restrictive gun regulations go, ours are woefully inadequate. In the UK, where guns are outlawed, very few outlaws have guns.

I truly feel bad for all you guys that live in populated areas. I can drive 8 minutes to the top of a 700' hill and take off from a dirt road. No houses for miles. Can see about 30 miles. Turbine wind farm is about 25-30 miles away and I can see it clearly. No air traffic. No airports. Clean air. Beautiful sunsets.
We can't all live way out there, some of us have to work for a living and it restricts where we can live.

Just because I cannot resist: JohnShe, I caught more than one spelling error in a couple of your posts. Stay cool bro!
I have arthritis and fat fingers, a problem with aging. I usually say that my brain knows how to spell but my fingers can't keep up. I depend on the spelling checker, but it doesn't catch everything. What's your excuse?
Old 12-04-2014, 12:49 PM
NorfolkSouthern

There is a difference between regulatory action and complete prohibition. For instance full scale aviation is well regulated and as a result, accidents are far fewer than they were when the FAA was first created. Accidents that do occur are thoroughly investigated and corrective actions are taken. This is not the same as Prohibition in any sense. As far as restrictive gun regulations go, ours are woefully inadequate. In the UK, where guns are outlawed, very few outlaws have guns.
Of course you don't want an outright ban on RC. But I see you understand the need for regulation. OK, how about this: If you want to fly an RC model plane, then get a license. No constitutional right exists to buy a small unmanned aircraft, regardless of the type. Sure, very few outlaws in the UK have guns, so I guess their gun ban worked. So a ban on RC flying without a license and medical certificate, I am sure, will work just fine at keeping near misses at a minimum.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:24 PM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

Right, add to that to his poor spelling, incoherent grammar and sentence structure, the inability to punctuate and total failure to follow even the simplest levels of logic. This guy is a loser. when I first saw "dromes" all I could think was LOL!

Toy drones are here to stay. The real problem is ignorance and irresponsibility.
This is why I replied about your misspellings. Sorry to hear you have arthritis.

Last edited by mike1974; 12-04-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.