Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Proposed Drone Law in California

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Proposed Drone Law in California

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 05:37 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Certainly no need to argue. However, looking back at all the constructive feedback you've received regarding your campaign efforts, I can't help but notice the folks you appear to label as trolls are the only who ones who actually provided any worthwhile feedback.

The jpg file format was never intended for sharing documents. It was created for sharing digital images, particularly those created from digital photography. Glad to see you were able to get it converted to a PDF. PDF was created way back in the early 90s specifically for sharing documents.

Running a paper campaign seems so 1970s, but I see its already been suggested to you to run an on-line campaign.

Good luck with your campaign efforts.
When all else fails and they can't win someone over to their way of thinking, or they lack the ability to support an argument, they resort to name calling. Sad. It's hard to believe this bumbled launch of a letter is what Island was talking about months ago, this was the best they could do? Yikes.

Last edited by porcia83; 12-01-2015 at 06:03 AM.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:38 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Your absolutely right that AMA did a horrible job and you described it better than I ever could..

Mike
That's right up there with I know you are but what am I. Cherry picking one line to use too......Seriously. Jeez....
Old 12-01-2015, 05:42 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
That's right up there with I know you are but what am I. Cherry picking one line to use too......Seriously. Jeez....
You wrote it not me. I'll always give credit were credit is due. That's a very accurate assessment of what's transpired.

Mike
Old 12-01-2015, 06:02 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Now that you mention struggling with a concept...did you really just draw a comparison of a motorcycle and a model aircraft? I would try to explain the difference and how one does not equate to the other since we're talking about model aviation...but I'm guessing it would miss the mark. Obvious fail is obvious. Carry on. I'm going flying today, yippy!
UMMMM...No. Apparently that is the part you continue to struggle with. I was drawing a DISTINCTION between motorcycles and model aviation, as they are as different from model aviation as drones are.

Astro
Old 12-01-2015, 06:04 AM
porcia83
Banned

You wrote it not me. I'll always give credit were credit is due. That's a very accurate assessment of what's transpired.

Mike
There is a dishonesty in what you did there, a real juvenile move, and for what, to drive some odd point home? Have the decency and honesty to quote the whole comment, then make your zinger. What is with you?
Old 12-01-2015, 06:10 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by islandflyer
Not interested in arguing with a couple of trolls, I will just post the pdf version of the letter and supporting petition, and go back to other productive activities. I have received emails from member of another forum who mentioned they could not properly print the jpg files that were posted.
Those who are so inclined to support it can print the letter, sign the petition with whoever else supports it, and mail to their respective district VP.
This is the only way the AMA Executive Council will get a clue of the level of discontent.

[ATTACH]2133352[/IMG]

[ATTACH]2133356[/IMG]
I don't have Drones I find them BORING but that being said I condone their right to fly and hope they join the AMA if for nothing but the insurance and become educated. That being said,
All U O'l Gezzers (and I use that term with reverence) can partition and complain all U want ... After christmas there will be more people flying Quads (DRONES than belong to the AMA by a factor of 3 or more. As for Keeping Model aviation the way it always was, Then we all would be flying Free Flight with Brown JR motors or Control Line. Go fly your stick built planes with a 4 channel am radio Instead of all these 18 channel 2.4 Ghz computer radios and Gyros that do it all for U that is if U really don't like PROGRESS. It's the AMA Promoting advancement in this Hobby/Sport, that has kept this Hobby/Sport growing and making it easier and far less expensive.
The problem is not with the AMA endorsing DRONES and not sticking their heads in the sand and denying that they are here and soon to out number fixed wing. If we don't accept it and Attempt to Educate not just Whine and dismiss the coming influx of these Quads DRONES.
If the problem is the uninformed drone pilots (flyers) let's all make an effort to get the word out , When & Where to fly so as to curtail the coming threat from the FAA to limit the use of all R/C Toys that fly anywhere in the USA.
It's Your choice Educate them or die with them, again It's our choice and time is running out FAST.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:10 AM
rcmiket

There is a dishonesty in what you did there, a real juvenile move, and for what, to drive some odd point home? Have the decency and honesty to quote the whole comment, then make your zinger. What is with you?
I've learned for the best.

Mike
Old 12-01-2015, 06:39 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

When all else fails and they can't win someone over to their way of thinking, or they lack the ability to support an argument, they resort to name calling. Sad. It's hard to believe this bumbled launch of a letter is what Island was talking about months ago, this was the best they could do? Yikes.
I'm a bit taken back myself. I really thought we were going to witness a world class grass roots paradigm shift. Something that future generations of modelers could look back upon as one of the most significant life changing events in model aviation history.

Alas it is not to be. All that grandeur as amounted to nothing more than a read it, print it, sign it, and mail it in "pony express" campaign. I sure hope they haven't underestimated the frugalness of "most" modelers when they designed their campaign. With the exception of "the letter", it appears all the cost and work effort is being passed along to the individual supporter.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:48 AM
Sport_Pilot

Geez, when someone tries to do something all you here is bellyache's. I don't entirely agree with it, but at least it is an effort. I see no efforts from those complaining.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:03 AM
porcia83
Banned

I've learned for the best.

Mike
If that is the reason for you being dishonest, well, not much I can say about that. I'm sorry to see it though.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:05 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Geez, when someone tries to do something all you here is bellyache's. I don't entirely agree with it, but at least it is an effort. I see no efforts from those complaining.
Just to clarify, are you talking about the folks that bellyache nonstop about every move the AMA makes?
Old 12-01-2015, 07:09 AM
porcia83
Banned

I'm a bit taken back myself. I really thought we were going to witness a world class grass roots paradigm shift. Something that future generations of modelers could look back upon as one of the most significant life changing events in model aviation history.

Alas it is not to be. All that grandeur as amounted to nothing more than a read it, print it, sign it, and mail it in "pony express" campaign. I sure hope they haven't underestimated the frugalness of "most" modelers when they designed their campaign. With the exception of "the letter", it appears all the cost and work effort is being passed along to the individual supporter.
Frugality, and perhaps not really seeing such a huge difference in the way things are going for the hobby. Speaking of mailings.....how long ago was it that District 8 had elections. Ballots were sent to every voting AMA member in 5 states. 5 states!!! How many people responded? Was it 1300...or 1500....can't remember. Those ballots were free to ship back.....free. 5 states...1500 people.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:11 AM
Sport_Pilot

Just to clarify, are you talking about the folks that bellyache nonstop about every move the AMA makes?
I am mostly talking about those complaining about this petition. But, yes - that to. Same people tend to post negatively about most every other post here as well. Some exceptions, you not being one of them. Even though we often disagree I can be sure you are not complaining just to complain.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:14 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

This is very true Lots of compliers and few to none doing anything to alleviate the perceived problem. 58 to 13 against DRONES in another Survey Thread ... a miniscule amount of people that even read these Threads here on RCU and intentionally small sample compared to the number of AMA members or those that fly R/C Toys in the USA. Take a survey of your club members and see how many even realize what is looming on the Horizon and the few that have had heard rumors and don't seem to give a GGD. or simply say Screw the Feds. Again JMHO

But remember the FAA very seldom comply with the recommendations of any organization including the NTSB/Congress, Why should they accept the Recommendations of some ad hoc Committee.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:21 AM
porcia83
Banned

I am mostly talking about those complaining about this petition. But, yes - that to. Same people tend to post negatively about most every other post here as well. Some exceptions, you not being one of them. Even though we often disagree I can be sure you are not complaining just to complain.
We have our moments! I do applaud the effort of the 14 who at least did something more than complain on a website, but that being said, it's still fair game to point out the positive and negative aspects of it. I said before, A for effort. I did also say C for execution but I'm leaning more towards a D the more I read it. And although some of what occurs here could be labeled as arguing (the saddest part being adults calling other people names ), I'd like to think most of it is either an exchange of ideas, or even a healthy debate. The fact that so many people take a contrary opinion so personally is beyond me.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:05 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Sour grapes...!
Old 12-01-2015, 10:08 PM
astrohog

You are absolutely correct here of course. It's a relatively small group, no big retailers. Of course, these 14 folks represent a somewhat narrow slice of the hobby as well, the larger retailers of course cater to the broadest spectrum.
Oh, you meant the retailers that stand to sell a MILLION drones this Christmas season? You are sure to get unbiased opinions there! LOL

Astro
Old 12-01-2015, 10:14 PM
astrohog

It's hard to believe this bumbled launch of a letter is what Island was talking about months ago, this was the best they could do? Yikes.
I wonder if this is what Crispy was referring to when he mentioned all of the "constructive criticism" that members had provided? LOL

Astro
Old 12-01-2015, 10:16 PM
astrohog

HMMMM..I'm struggling to find the "constructive" part of this criticism! LOL

The dynamic duo strikes again!!

Astro