Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Meanwhile , while everyone was arguing about DRONES ............

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: Should the AMA have signed an MOU with the OBAP ?
Yes , they should have signed the MOU
30.43%
No , they should not have signed the MOU
69.57%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Meanwhile , while everyone was arguing about DRONES ............

Old 12-01-2015, 02:04 PM
init4fun

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Meanwhile , while everyone was arguing about DRONES ............

Anybody else get the Email about the MOU the AMA signed with the "OBAP" ?

What IS the OBAP , you ask ?

It's the "Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals"

Now , Can anyone please explain how it's fair for ANY exclusive racial organization , in today's environment of supposedly moving tword racial equality , to exist ?

If we had the "Asians only aviator's club" or the "national association for the advancement of white aviators" do you think the AMA would sign an MOU with us ?

Sorry AMA , but forming a club excluding ANY racial group in 2015 IS racism , no matter which race it is doing the excluding !

EDITED 12/6/15 TO ADD POLL ...............

Ok , here we go , a poll with two VERY clear cut choices :

Yes , the AMA should have signed the MOU with the OBAP

or

No , the AMA should not have signed the MOU .

Now , there should be NO confusion over which answer means what , It's pretty straightforward , should the word Black in the name of the OBAP have been OK with the AMA , then vote yes . Or , should the name have caused the AMA to reject the MOU based on what some here see as a racist name , then vote no .

Last edited by init4fun; 12-05-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:16 PM
cj_rumley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Anybody else get the Email about the MOU the AMA signed with the "OBAP" ?

What IS the OBAP , you ask ?

It's the "Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals"

Now , Can anyone please explain how it's fair for ANY exclusive racial organization , in today's environment of supposedly moving tword racial equality , to exist ?

If we had the "Asians only aviator's club" or the "national association for the advancement of white aviators" do you think the AMA would sign an MOU with us ?

Sorry AMA , but forming a club excluding ANY racial group in 2015 IS racism , no matter which race it is doing the excluding !
Not put off at all by that, init4fun. There is an organization for Christian modelers, too. I'm agnostic; should I speak out against that group?
Old 12-01-2015, 03:21 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

I can not understand the need for either a Christian Modelers or a Black Aerospace SIG, but the Sheeple have been pre-programmed to embrace "Diversity" no matter what the motivation really is.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:30 PM
cj_rumley

Originally Posted by combatpigg View Post
I can not understand the need for either a Christian Modelers or a Black Aerospace SIG, but the Sheeple have been pre-programmed to embrace "Diversity" no matter what the motivation really is.
Whatever, it is not a fit topic for this forum. I expect RCKen to kill it as soon as it falls in his sights, and rightly so.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:38 PM
combatpigg

CJ, when I hit the post button I said "Oops..I hope CJ doesn't think that I just called him a Sheeple...!"

Fair enough.
RCU is supposed to be a "Shangrilla" where we can escape the everyday grind of political turmoil.
It IS hard to separate / differentiate what happens in the Real World from what happens in our Toy Airplane World though.
I can see quite a lot of "Overlap and Carry Over" with so many issues.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:57 PM
FlyWheel

Originally Posted by cj_rumley View Post
Not put off at all by that, init4fun. There is an organization for Christian modelers, too. I'm agnostic; should I speak out against that group?
No, you should question it though.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:17 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by cj_rumley View Post
Whatever, it is not a fit topic for this forum. I expect RCKen to kill it as soon as it falls in his sights, and rightly so.
I believe that since the AMA did sign an agreement with this organization , and since this organization IS discriminatory by it's very charter of being "Black only" , that it's a perfectly fair and reasonable topic for the AMA forum . Sorry you disagree , but championing the closing of this thread is the height of "politically correct " censorship . I promise you if the subject matter bothers you that I will not force you or anyone else to participate against their will .....

Yes , folks , discrimination sure does work BOTH ways , and since our organization has chosen to align itself with them , the plain fact is that the AMA is condoning Black against White racism . Which , BTW , is just as ugly as White against Black racism , or any other racism that one can think of .

Does skin color REALLY matter when it comes to who enjoys model aircraft ? Why did this organization feel the need to exclude all but one segment of the population ?

Totally wrong , this trend of "reverse racism" that has flourished as of late .......
Old 12-01-2015, 05:40 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Raise your hand if your an African-American. Now provide the proof that you were born in African an immigrated to the USA.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:45 PM
combatpigg

I believe that since the AMA did sign an agreement with this organization , and since this organization IS discriminatory by it's very charter of being "Black only" , that it's a perfectly fair and reasonable topic for the AMA forum . Sorry you disagree , but championing the closing of this thread is the height of "politically correct " censorship . I promise you if the subject matter bothers you that I will not force you or anyone else to participate against their will .....

Yes , folks , discrimination sure does work BOTH ways , and since our organization has chosen to align itself with them , the plain fact is that the AMA is condoning Black against White racism . Which , BTW , is just as ugly as White against Black racism , or any other racism that one can think of .

Does skin color REALLY matter when it comes to who enjoys model aircraft ? Why did this organization feel the need to exclude all but one segment of the population ?

Totally wrong , this trend of "reverse racism" that has flourished as of late .......
The AMA leadership would have gotten all sorts of unwanted negative publicity by saying "NO, we don't recognize groups that are religiously, demographically or politically based."
This is the leverage that the News media exerts on mainstream America to further their long term goals.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:43 PM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

OMG you people are ignorant! I don't even believe you know what racism is, research the definition. Research what black aerospace professionals do, very similar to the women aerospace professional organization. Talk to some members..... Understand the history and the stories of the members.. If the OBPA was racist they wouldn't be getting involved with the AMA!!! and with all the regs coming up on the RC community we need all the allies we can get! I'm not getting involved in this silly thread I just wanted to let random people that may read this that all people involved in this hobby are not as blind or ignorant as those who have posted.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:09 PM
raptureboy

I don't see either the Fellowship of Christian Modelers or OBAP being an official AMA SIG. They are simply organizations that are promoting an interest amongst a group of people who have something in common. As a member of FCM the goal of the group is to help modelers keep their hobby in perspective, and not allow it to become an "idol" which becomes more important than God, family or country and to share the gospel of Jesus Christ amongst their fellow modelers. I see OBAP as a group of people trying to promote an interest in aerospace careers to a group of young people who historically are not as involved in aviation and could be at risk for making poor choices in life. An MOU is just an official way of the AMA saying we support you in what you are trying to achieve. No sheeple involvement here.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:23 PM
combatpigg

Originally Posted by raptureboy View Post
I don't see either the Fellowship of Christian Modelers or OBAP being an official AMA SIG. They are simply organizations that are promoting an interest amongst a group of people who have something in common. As a member of FCM the goal of the group is to help modelers keep their hobby in perspective, and not allow it to become an "idol" which becomes more important than God, family or country and to share the gospel of Jesus Christ amongst their fellow modelers. I see OBAP as a group of people trying to promote an interest in aerospace careers to a group of young people who historically are not as involved in aviation and could be at risk for making poor choices in life. An MOU is just an official way of the AMA saying we support you in what you are trying to achieve. No sheeple involvement here.
So it's just a ceremonial endorsement then..?
Old 12-02-2015, 01:00 AM
rcguy59
My Feedback: (8)

Black Pilots Matter?
Old 12-02-2015, 03:39 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by mugenkidd View Post
OMG you people are ignorant! I don't even believe you know what racism is, research the definition. Research what black aerospace professionals do, very similar to the women aerospace professional organization. Talk to some members..... Understand the history and the stories of the members.. If the OBPA was racist they wouldn't be getting involved with the AMA!!! and with all the regs coming up on the RC community we need all the allies we can get! I'm not getting involved in this silly thread I just wanted to let random people that may read this that all people involved in this hobby are not as blind or ignorant as those who have posted.

Um , no , NO ONE here is "ignorant" !

However , is is very short sighted to not see the obvious racism in this organization . Just try forming the "Organization of White Aerospace professionals" and see how far ya get .

Only white people can be racist , huh ? When any other group excludes all others that's OK , just as long as it ain't white folks who are the club's only allowed members .

Thanks for stopping by ......
Old 12-02-2015, 06:19 AM
rgburrill

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

"Diversity" by it's very nature cannot be anything but discriminatory. OBPA and FCM certainly have a right to exist but why the AMA feels they need to have an MOU is beyond me. What, pray tell, is the "enderstanding"?
Old 12-02-2015, 07:34 AM
combatpigg

Just try forming the "Organization of White Aerospace professionals" and see how far ya get .
If you did form an all white club, ignorant hypocrites would picket it and try to burn it down.

Last edited by combatpigg; 12-02-2015 at 07:38 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:30 AM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Today's Liberals make it ok to be proud to be ANYTHING other than white.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:21 AM
combatpigg

If you did form an all white club, ignorant hypocrites would picket it and try to burn it down.
You would get expelled from your University or else fired from your job if you tried to form an all white club.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:28 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Racism has never died down, just gone out of site, until recently anyway. When I was in the south in the mid 1980s, I walked into a bar with an African-American as his guest. I had barely sat down when another African-American told me to leave as people he was sitting with didn't want a white dude in THEIR "BLACK" BAR. Two days later, I saw the reverse happen, a drunk white man getting in the face of an African-American couple. They had gone to a bar and grill for a quiet dinner when the drunk confronted them, encouraged by others that were both drunk and sober, telling the couple they weren't wanted or allowed in the establishment. In both cases, the situation was defused with "acceptable" results, no one hurt or forced to leave the establishments. It did show me, however, that racism is alive and well in the south. That being said, I think the powers that be in the AMA should have really looked at what their acceptance or endorsement of the OBAP could say to others.

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 12-02-2015 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:04 PM
rgburrill

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken View Post
Today's Liberals make it ok to be proud to be ANYTHING other than Christian straight white male.
There, fixed it for you.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:38 PM
combatpigg

Originally Posted by rgburrill View Post
There, fixed it for you.
True pride comes from within.
We take pride in our achievements.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:40 PM
Steve S. Helland
My Feedback: (15)

I'm just going to go work on my plane.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:27 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Um , no , NO ONE here is "ignorant" !

However , is is very short sighted to not see the obvious racism in this organization . Just try forming the "Organization of White Aerospace professionals" and see how far ya get .

Only white people can be racist , huh ? When any other group excludes all others that's OK , just as long as it ain't white folks who are the club's only allowed members .

Thanks for stopping by ......
This is another rant area of mine. You take black history month - why isn't there a white history month, or yellow history month, or red history month? Yeah, exactly. It stinks all the way to the top. A nonprofit like AMA should not have added ANY organization via color code. Yet, who knows what they will do next. Since the way they are handling the drone thing I am at the point with the AMA that if I can find me some land to purchase to fly my planes on I am done with the AMA.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:44 PM
combatpigg

Originally Posted by Luchnia View Post
This is another rant area of mine. You take black history month - why isn't there a white history month, or yellow history month, or red history month? Yeah, exactly. It stinks all the way to the top. A nonprofit like AMA should not have added ANY organization via color code. Yet, who knows what they will do next. Since the way they are handling the drone thing I am at the point with the AMA that if I can find me some land to purchase to fly my planes on I am done with the AMA.
The folks who MASTERMIND this stuff aren't even black.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:58 PM
Silent-AV8R

So it's just a ceremonial endorsement then..?
It's not an "endorsement". It is an agreement between the two groups to work cooperatively to help each other. Did any of you actually read the announcement??

This agreement institutes a formalized relationship between two of the nation’s premier aviation associations. The Memorandum of Understanding will assist the two organizations as they move forward with collaborative programs that nurture and support the growth of aviation participation, while being respectful of each group’s mission.“This agreement is one that will only improve the relationship AMA has built with OBAP and provide more opportunities for those interested in pursuing aviation education,” said AMA Executive Director Dave Mathewson.
Both organizations provide curriculum support and materials for middle and high school aviation and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM)-related subjects. This is done through AMA’s UAS4STEM, AeroLab, and additional activities, and OBAP’s ACE Academy, Project Aerospace, Solo Flight Academies, and other aerospace educational opportunities. By signing the document, AMA and OBAP agree to explore collaborative ways to provide opportunities for youth and adults to initiate or increase their participation in full-scale or model aviation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.