Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 06:26 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected]
nothing is a privilage it is your right> what country are u from

What hollar you crawl outa there young fella? Perhaps
Old 11-02-2015, 06:29 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected]
just why dont everyone shut there mouth about drones and see what happens i dont have a drone and will never have one and any one who wants to search my home better have a search warrent> it makes me sick to see so much talk and no action with the flyers
Without a Warrant?
When is a Warrant Not Required?
There are times when police can perform a search without a warrant, and most searches actually do occur without warrants being issued. That is not to say the police can barge into your home and search it without a warrant; if there is a reasonable expectation of privacy and there is not probable cause, a search warrant is required. However, if probable cause does occur, such as the suspect runs away, a gunshot is heard from another room in a home, or even when an individual makes a sudden movement, a search becomes legal without a warrant. Even with a reasonable expectation of privacy, the police can legally conduct a search without a warrant in situations in which certain exemptions apply.

Exemption 1 – Consent: If an individual freely and voluntarily agrees to a search of his or her property, without being tricked or coerced into doing so, the police can search this property without a warrant. Police do not have to inform you that you do, indeed, have the right to refuse a search, and individuals have been arrested and even sent to jail because they did not know they had the right to refuse search and seizure.

If two or more people live at the same location, usually one tenant cannot consent to a search of areas owned by another tenant. A tenant can, however, consent to a search of the common areas of a home, such as the living room or kitchen. A landlord is prohibited from giving consent to the search of his or her tenant's private belongings, and the Supreme Court has also ruled that an individual cannot consent to the search of a house on behalf of a spouse. An employer, however, can consent to a search of a company, which includes an employee's work area, but not an employee's personal belongings.

Exemption 2 – The Plain View Doctrine: Police officers can legally search an area and seize evidence if it is clearly visible. If the police see an illegal act occurring outside of your home, they may perform a search and seize evidence from your home without a search warrant. For example, if a police officer stops a driver for speeding and sees marijuana in the window, a search can be conducted without a warrant. The police must still have probable cause, however, that the items are indeed illegal.

Exemption 3 – Search Incident to Arrest: Police officers do not need a warrant to perform a search in connection with an arrest. If you are arrested for a crime, the police have the legal right to protect themselves by searching for weapons, evidence that could be destroyed, or accomplices to the crime. For example, if you are arrested for drug possession, the police can search for additional drugs by searching you, your home, or your car, and any evidence found can be used against you in a court of law.
Police can also perform what is called a “protective sweep” following an arrest. This is done if the police believe a dangerous accomplice or accomplices may be hiding inside a specific location. The police will walk through the location and can legally visually inspect places in which an accomplice may be hiding. In addition, the police can legally seize any evidence located in plain view during the sweep.

Exemption 4 – Exigent Circumstances: If the police feel that the time it would take to get a warrant would jeopardize public safety or lead to the loss of evidence, they can perform a search without a warrant. For example, the police can forcibly enter a home if it is probable that evidence is being destroyed, if a suspect is trying to escape, or if someone is being injured. The police officer's responsibility to preserve evidence, arrest a suspect, or protect an individual outweighs the search warrant requirement.

If the police show up at your doorstep claiming they would like to look around, you are legally allowed to refuse this request. However, many times it is in your best interest to allow access in order to avoid injury or being charged with interfering in a police investigation. That being said, you are not required to give consent to a search without a warrant, and you should always ask the police officers for identification and an explanation as to why they are at your location. If the police do have a warrant, you can ask them to read the search warrant to you.

If a search of your home or vehicle has already occurred and you are not sure if it was done legally, you should contact a criminal defense attorney and be apprised of your legal rights going forward.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:42 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Just what does the low comment count tell you?

It tells me nothing I didn't already know: "Very few actually care". I hope it's a wake up call for you. It reminds of all the bellyaching about how many members the AMA is going to loose as a result of the dues increase. Of the three clubs I belong to only ~50% took advantage of the renewal at the old rate. Tells me 50% just didn't care about the dues increase. In fact, it really didn't even come up at our club meetings except as a reminder for this interested in taking advantage of it.

It was the same during the last comment period if memory serves they got 3300.

Hell some AMA members are just now figuring out there's a dues increase. So much for a informed membership. Untill people are hit in the face with something they just don't care. For the most part we're no different.

Mike
Above in red.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:43 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porcia83
Might be jumpin the gun there dude.....not sure where the registration cost is coming from, or that it's mandatory for each plane, or that the AMA members don't care about it. Haven't seen anything yet to indicate that's the case.
Man I certainly HOPE I am jump'n the Gun ... I painted a worse case scenario for a reason. To get people to get off their dead arshes and wake up to the fact that our Hobby/Sport is under attack by the politeriate. If we don't stand UNITED we will all fall individually. Of course like always I'm preaching to the Choir here in these forums on RCU. Come on, talk to your LHS your club members. Heck get your friends and relatives to comment, In opposition of course, to the Feds before they steam roll right over our hobby and kill it for ever. Kill it because of a few Idiots that continue to disregard the rules and FAR's. Time is short and the consequences are dire.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:21 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
I thought, in between drone sales, you were rallying the troops?
With the low comment count I think my work is done, Drones sales are great with everyone trying to beat the registration,
Thanks for asking.

Mike
Old 11-03-2015, 04:24 AM
rcmiket

Above in red It tells me nothing..
I'm not surprised,

Mike
Old 11-03-2015, 06:40 AM
Lamoilleriver

The issue is not safety, it's about control, control will be purchased via politicians. Talk of registration and soon to begin drone delivery service, coincidence?, I think not. Not seeing the traditional RC clubs being impacted much as their locations and activities are known. Drone delivery companies see a problem with hobbyist drones as it appears their use and locations are unknown and therefore unpredictable and they are working on plans to decrease that unpredictability. As much as I like the technology, I hope drone delivery is a failure, after the novelty wears off, I think the general public will not like them buzzing overhead and as they crash and people get hurt(which will happen) will lead to its demise. Many a flying field has been lost due to noise and/or complaints from neighbors complaining of aircraft flying over their heads, wishing the same for drone deliveries.

Interesting times for the hobby for sure.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:50 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

I'm not surprised,

Mike
Selective custom quoting and rearranging for effect. Nice, especially for a club officer. Is that the kind of example you set for for you club, the AMA, and potential AMA members?
Old 11-03-2015, 06:53 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

With the low comment count I think my work is done, Drones sales are great with everyone trying to beat the registration,
Thanks for asking.

Mike
Done? It's just beginning. There is no registration to beat, it will be retroactive.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:59 AM
rcmiket

Done? It's just beginning. There is no registration to beat, it will be retroactive.
There's no record anywhere (as of right now) on who owns what. Just how can they accomplish that?

Mike
Old 11-03-2015, 07:04 AM
rcmiket

Selective custom quoting and rearranging for effect. Nice, especially for a club officer. Is that the kind of example you set for for you club, the AMA, and potential AMA members?
Tactics I've learned from you ( along with a few others)
Yes I know ( in your eyes ) it's all my fault and I'm not fit to serve as a club officer. Thanks you for pointing out my faults and I will resign. Although I have recruited a good number of AMA members over the years. Feel free to petition the AMA to revoke my membership.

Mike
Old 11-03-2015, 07:43 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Lamoilleriver
The issue is not safety, it's about control, control will be purchased via politicians. Talk of registration and soon to begin drone delivery service, coincidence?, I think not. Not seeing the traditional RC clubs being impacted much as their locations and activities are known. Drone delivery companies see a problem with hobbyist drones as it appears their use and locations are unknown and therefore unpredictable and they are working on plans to decrease that unpredictability. As much as I like the technology, I hope drone delivery is a failure, after the novelty wears off, I think the general public will not like them buzzing overhead and as they crash and people get hurt(which will happen) will lead to its demise. Many a flying field has been lost due to noise and/or complaints from neighbors complaining of aircraft flying over their heads, wishing the same for drone deliveries.

Interesting times for the hobby for sure.
It's all about the Money. Registration of TOY Model airplanes I mean. On the other hand, Once the public accepts/Tolerates an intrusion into their lives they will never get rid of it. i.e. airport landing and take off paths. Here in AJ and the whole PHX valley people have gotten used to the the "Flight for Life" choppers flying at very low altitude at all times of day and night.

People today want it right NOW and some times immediately and are willing to pay more. But if someone promises fast FREE shipping i.e. Amazon PRIME it's a no brainer.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:15 AM
N410DC

There's no record anywhere (as of right now) on who owns what. Just how can they accomplish that?
Good question. At this time, there is no firm, or official answer. Many people are speculating that we will have to register and any and all aircraft that meet the requirements for registration. Will this mean that a modeler who has collected 100 aircraft over the span of a few decades will have to register all of those aircraft? Hard to say, since some (perhaps most) of those aircraft may be exempt from registration. Some believe that the requirements for registration will be limited to multirotor aircraft that are equipment with a camera. If this is the case, I will only have to register one of my 4 aircraft. In the end, it's going to be very difficult to predict where the "cutoff" will be.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:45 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by N410DC
Good question. At this time, there is no firm, or official answer. Many people are speculating that we will have to register and any and all aircraft that meet the requirements for registration. Will this mean that a modeler who has collected 100 aircraft over the span of a few decades will have to register all of those aircraft? Hard to say, since some (perhaps most) of those aircraft may be exempt from registration. Some believe that the requirements for registration will be limited to multirotor aircraft that are equipment with a camera. If this is the case, I will only have to register one of my 4 aircraft. In the end, it's going to be very difficult to predict where the "cutoff" will be.
With the FAA/DOT's Track record, Even though given Time Mandates" Very little has been finalized in the last 7 to 8 years I'm been following this trainwreck. Maybe by Xmas because of the predicted 1 Million Quad (Drone) expected sales. With any LUCK the y will miss all the deadlines just as all that have been missed already.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:00 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by HoundDog

With the FAA/DOT's Track record, Even though given Time Mandates" Very little has been finalized in the last 7 to 8 years I'm been following this trainwreck. Maybe by Xmas because of the predicted 1 Million Quad (Drone) expected sales. With any LUCK the y will miss all the deadlines just as all that have been missed already.

That would not surprise me one bit. Track record is everything just look how bad they screwed up the "obmacare" website. Train wreck is a understatement IMO.

Mike
Old 11-03-2015, 10:17 AM
Lamoilleriver

It's all about the Money. Registration of TOY Model airplanes I mean. On the other hand, Once the public accepts/Tolerates an intrusion into their lives they will never get rid of it. i.e. airport landing and take off paths. Here in AJ and the whole PHX valley people have gotten used to the the "Flight for Life" choppers flying at very low altitude at all times of day and night.

People today want it right NOW and some times immediately and are willing to pay more. But if someone promises fast FREE shipping i.e. Amazon PRIME it's a no brainer.
Agree, will probably have to wait until tele-transportation is invented before we can get rid of the delivery drones. Like you said, we are preaching to the choir here, most folks use common sense and courtesy in our hobby and will support some control, sadly.My main frustration is what do we do with the IDIOTS, IDIOTS will do what they always do, poop on everything they touch, politicians will try mightily to control the IDIOTS, but only succeed in infringing on the enjoyment of our hobby by those who normally exercise common sense and courtesy to begin with. We see IDIOTS with guns, we see IDIOTS with cars, we see IDIOTS with boats, etc., my solution in dealing with IDIOTS involves an 80' oak tree and a less than 80' long piece of rope, my wife says if I keep thinking like that, I may end up in a warm place for eternity.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:48 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Lamoilleriver
Agree, will probably have to wait until tele-transportation is invented before we can get rid of the delivery drones. Like you said, we are preaching to the choir here, most folks use common sense and courtesy in our hobby and will support some control, sadly.My main frustration is what do we do with the IDIOTS, IDIOTS will do what they always do, poop on everything they touch, politicians will try mightily to control the IDIOTS, but only succeed in infringing on the enjoyment of our hobby by those who normally exercise common sense and courtesy to begin with. We see IDIOTS with guns, we see IDIOTS with cars, we see IDIOTS with boats, etc., my solution in dealing with IDIOTS involves an 80' oak tree and a less than 80' long piece of rope, my wife says if I keep thinking like that, I may end up in a warm place for eternity.
Dummies and Ignorant people can be dealt with but IDIOTS are just plain Stupid and Stupid can't be fixed. Ron White's 1'17" presentaton on stupid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDvQ77JP8nw
Old 11-03-2015, 02:52 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Tactics I've learned from you ( along with a few others)
Yes I know ( in your eyes ) it's all my fault and I'm not fit to serve as a club officer. Thanks you for pointing out my faults and I will resign. Although I have recruited a good number of AMA members over the years. Feel free to petition the AMA to revoke my membership.

Mike
Sorry, I only quote whole sentences and don't rearrange words.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:55 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Mike
Seemed obvious to me that the DOT was the registration process owner.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:04 PM
rcmiket

Seemed obvious to me that the DOT was the registration process owner.

Really? As of right now NO RECORDS ARE KEPT AT THE TIME OF SALE. There is no way to go back to register products already sold. Unless it's voluntary(and who's going to do that). What part of this don't you get?

Mike
Old 11-03-2015, 03:12 PM
rcmiket

Sorry, I only quote whole sentences and don't rearrange words.

Please see post 836

Thanks
Mike
Old 11-03-2015, 03:55 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Man I certainly HOPE I am jump'n the Gun ... I painted a worse case scenario for a reason. To get people to get off their dead arshes and wake up to the fact that our Hobby/Sport is under attack by the politeriate. If we don't stand UNITED we will all fall individually. Of course like always I'm preaching to the Choir here in these forums on RCU. Come on, talk to your LHS your club members. Heck get your friends and relatives to comment, In opposition of course, to the Feds before they steam roll right over our hobby and kill it for ever. Kill it because of a few Idiots that continue to disregard the rules and FAR's. Time is short and the consequences are dire.
Just to let you know the director has already said there should be NO FEE for registering hobby aircraft. So shove that in your pipe hole.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:11 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Really? As of right now NO RECORDS ARE KEPT AT THE TIME OF SALE. There is no way to go back to register products already sold. Unless it's voluntary(and who's going to do that). What part of this don't you get?

Mike
What part voluntary do you not understand? If registration is required and someone is caught w/o registration then they suffer the consequences (fine, etc.) Lastly, the DOT hasn't even decided whether registration will be required at the time sale.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:57 PM
rcmiket

What part voluntary do you not understand? If registration is required and someone is caught w/o registration then they suffer the consequences (fine, etc.) Lastly, the DOT hasn't even decided whether registration will be required at the time sale.
Nobody does anything voluntarily. Let me simplify this for you. Anyone who's following the rules now will never encounter a problem later. As a matter of fact I support them.
As far as the DOT who knows what they'll come up with. One things for sure they'll create a bureaucratic nightmare that will spin out of control as all government deals do. Enforcement will be a joke.

Now please feel free to be the first in line to register stuff you have owned for years.

Mike
Old 11-03-2015, 05:30 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, I sure am happy to be living in NY state. Hate to be living in Texas and have to join that El Paso group ! Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.