Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

FAA Sued In Federal Court Over Drone Registration Rules

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

FAA Sued In Federal Court Over Drone Registration Rules

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 05:46 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 142088
I AM NOT.

LIBERTY DEMANDS CONSTANT VIGILANCE
now more than any other time in my life post "patriot Act" abuses of WeThePeople. The NSA can kiss my a** as they read this.
Liberty has a flavor those that never defended it can NEVER know.
Liberty is not a table ante to enter the game it IS THE TABLE
"You gotta stand right up for somethin',
or you'll fall for anything!"
Semper Fidelis
PS. It is not about a measly 5 dollars to me.
"Democracy is two Wolves and one Sheep deciding on what to have for dinner , and Liberty is a well armed Sheep contesting the vote"

Sounds all kinds of Patriotic , yes ?

Now the problem ..... OUR SHEEP AIN'T WELL ARMED !!!!!!

In today's world , to be "well armed" to fight the government , you need one of two things . Money , money by the damn basket full , or people , millions of people , all willing to stand up for your cause .

We have neither .......

Now , I don't like this any more than you do , but in all practical reality , what could 200K people (but a mere a drop in the political ocean) with little money do to fight this ?

Give up the hobby ? Nope , not if your truly into it . Not an option for me .....

"Protest" by not registering and flying anyway ? Nope , got too many folks depending on me to end up paying all my money to the FAA , and too old to sit next to Bernie Madoff in prison ....

The only real workable solution is for all you young people to get involved yourselves , run for office , get elected , and then try to make the right changes before "the system" corrupts you as it's done with every other politician ever elected . Funny that , I did live an honorable life as a mechanic . I never once ripped anyone off on the repairs of any machine because of my morals and the fact that there was so much honest money to be made that only a slimeball or inept fool would gouge people . And all the while , all those years , I trusted that the Doctors would be doing their doctoring and the politicians would be doing the people's bidding and all was supposed to be well with the world . Well , guess what , they weren't . They were further and further twisting "the system" to themselves be the master rather than the servant of the people and it's gonna take a lot more than a $5 fee on toy planes to get the required millions of people to finally say "enough" ! "No Knock searches" , , "Limits on firearm ownership" , , "Govt. mandated forced buying of a commercial product (health insurance*)" ..... And you want folks to start the revolution over a $5 fee on toy planes ? Yes , Yes it IS coming , the breaking point where enough people can't afford to live a day to day existence due to all the taxes , fees , surcharges , and other ways they vacuum our wallets bare . But rest assured , THIS issue is NOT going to be the "straw that breaks any camel's back" for the 99.9999% of your fellow citizens worried about making next month's mortgage payment ....

( * Yes , it would be highly foolish to go without health insurance , but I just do not believe the govt. has any right to mandate you to have it )
Old 01-21-2016, 06:21 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
"Democracy is two Wolves and one Sheep deciding on what to have for dinner , and Liberty is a well armed Sheep contesting the vote"

Sounds all kinds of Patriotic , yes ?

Now the problem ..... OUR SHEEP AIN'T WELL ARMED !!!!!!

In today's world , to be "well armed" to fight the government , you need one of two things . Money , money by the damn basket full , or people , millions of people , all willing to stand up for your cause .

We have neither .......

Now , I don't like this any more than you do , but in all practical reality , what could 200K people (but a mere a drop in the political ocean) with little money do to fight this ?

Give up the hobby ? Nope , not if your truly into it . Not an option for me .....

"Protest" by not registering and flying anyway ? Nope , got too many folks depending on me to end up paying all my money to the FAA , and too old to sit next to Bernie Madoff in prison ....

The only real workable solution is for all you young people to get involved yourselves , run for office , get elected , and then try to make the right changes before "the system" corrupts you as it's done with every other politician ever elected .

And the old farts can't get involved and run for office because? Sounds like more do as I say not as I do advice.

Funny that , I did live an honorable life as a mechanic . I never once ripped anyone off on the repairs of any machine because of my morals and the fact that there was so much honest money to be made that only a slimeball or inept fool would gouge people . And all the while , all those years , I trusted that the Doctors would be doing their doctoring and the politicians would be doing the people's bidding and all was supposed to be well with the world . Well , guess what , they weren't . They were further and further twisting "the system" to themselves be the master rather than the servant of the people and it's gonna take a lot more than a $5 fee on toy planes to get the required millions of people to finally say "enough" ! "No Knock searches" , , "Limits on firearm ownership" , , "Govt. mandated forced buying of a commercial product (health insurance*)" ..... And you want folks to start the revolution over a $5 fee on toy planes ? Yes , Yes it IS coming , the breaking point where enough people can't afford to live a day to day existence due to all the taxes , fees , surcharges , and other ways they vacuum our wallets bare . But rest assured , THIS issue is NOT going to be the "straw that breaks any camel's back" for the 99.9999% of your fellow citizens worried about making next month's mortgage payment ....

( * Yes , it would be highly foolish to go without health insurance , but I just do not believe the govt. has any right to mandate you to have it )
Old 01-21-2016, 07:27 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon

Cause Chris , the old farts are close enough to dying to not be able to make a difference . Do you know very many 75 year olds who start a career in politics , do ya ? Now of course , I don't actually expect an answer here , cause that's all you do is take cheap shots without the balls to back them up , but that's OK , I got your number , and your "opinion" is truly meaningless to me . Gee , to be honest , I figured you'd be able to pick apart and use a lot more of your goofy red letters in between my post , you must be having an off day ....

PS , have anything to do with any model aircraft lately ? Other than posting your crap here , that is ?
Old 01-21-2016, 07:47 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Cause Chris , the old farts are close enough to dying to not be able to make a difference . Do you know very many 75 year olds who start a career in politics , do ya ? Now of course , I don't actually expect an answer here , cause that's all you do is take cheap shots without the balls to back them up , but that's OK , I got your number , and your "opinion" is truly meaningless to me . Gee , to be honest , I figured you'd be able to pick apart and use a lot more of your goofy red letters in between my post , you must be having an off day ....

PS , have anything to do with any model aircraft lately ? Other than posting your crap here , that is ?
Let's see, Regan became President at 69 and Trump would be 70 when/if elected.

Start small grasshopper, you don't have to run for President.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:10 AM
init4fun

Let's see, Regan became President at 69 and Trump would be 70 when/if elected.

Start small grasshopper, you don't have to run for President.
Would be nice , but I ain't got enough time left to fix even half of whats wrong on "the hill" . Remember , both Mr. Regan and Mr. Trump were/are perfect examples of how healthy your senior years can be if you've got boatloads of money , the rest of us commoners ? Well buddy , tell ya what , you hit 70 and come back here and let people know how many offices you feel healthy enough to run for .....
Old 01-21-2016, 08:39 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Would be nice , but I ain't got enough time left to fix even half of whats wrong on "the hill" . Remember , both Mr. Regan and Mr. Trump were/are perfect examples of how healthy your senior years can be if you've got boatloads of money , the rest of us commoners ? Well buddy , tell ya what , you hit 70 and come back here and let people know how many offices you feel healthy enough to run for .....
Damn, didn't know you are in that range, all those emoticons take decades off your age.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:05 AM
init4fun

Damn, didn't know you are in that range, all those emoticons take decades off your age.
It is funny how hard it can be to tell someone's age from their style of writing . The guy who just died last week "littlecrankshaft" I always thought was older than he actually was , poor guy had digestive problems , which can be a painful way to go if you've ever known anyone whose had such affliction .
Old 01-21-2016, 11:28 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

It is funny how hard it can be to tell someone's age from their style of writing . The guy who just died last week "littlecrankshaft" I always thought was older than he actually was , poor guy had digestive problems , which can be a painful way to go if you've ever known anyone whose had such affliction .
I was not aware littlecrankshaft passed away, very sorry to hear.

Yes, it's amazing how much, yet how little can be conveyed through someone's writing style.