Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

UAS Registration Update ?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

UAS Registration Update ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Anybody else get the Email from the FAA under the heading of "UAS Registration Update" and open it to find it's actually a warning to stay outta the way of operations during hurricane Matthew ? Maybe it's me , but I don't consider a warning to stay out of a potential disaster area to be any kinds of an "update" to my UAS registration in any way and the misleading title almost got it deleted as spam/scam .

FAA - 1
Let’s see I got the letter and don't see what the problem is. I have spam and virus filters there were no attachments so I opened it no big deal. The reality is that if you got that letter you must have registered. In doing so most likely you’re a responsible flyer and wouldn't think of interfering with rescue/aid operations. So what would be the big deal if you deleted it. I think its great they are even bothering to communicate with those of us who took the time to register. Instead of criticizing them for trying suggest a better way to communicate future alerts. Perhaps UAS Alert Update as title instead. Some people have to find fault with everything yet can't seem to be able to suggest an improvement (BIG SIGH) some things never change.

Same for porc all he seems to want to do is pick an opposing point of view to argue about the topic someone needs to build/fly something.

Dennis

Last edited by Propworn; 10-07-2016 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 03:55 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Propworn
Let’s see I got the letter and don't see what the problem is. I have spam and virus filters there were no attachments so I opened it no big deal. The reality is that if you got that letter you must have registered. In doing so most likely you’re a responsible flyer and wouldn't think of interfering with rescue/aid operations. So what would be the big deal if you deleted it. I think its great they are even bothering to communicate with those of us who took the time to register. Instead of criticizing them for trying suggest a better way to communicate future alerts. Perhaps UAS Alert Update as title instead. Some people have to find fault with everything yet can't seem to be able to suggest an improvement (BIG SIGH) some things never change.

Same for porc all he seems to want to do is pick an opposing point of view to argue about the topic someone needs to build/fly something.

Dennis
You were on a roll there, but I would disagree with that last part. I share the same point of view on many issues with many folks, I just don't happen to be on the ever popular AMA=BAD bandwagon. I guess that makes me a "fanboi". I wonder if Astro considers the folks currently on the EC and running for president (or Tiano) as "fanbois". I mean, they already are involved in the AMA and want to be the president, so one would think they are fanbois right? Astro is great at throwing out labels and names, gosh I wonder if that's the kind of behavior that keeps the other candidates from stopping by here? I suspect Astro will opine shortly. Wonder what "fanboi" he voted for.
Old 10-08-2016, 03:57 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
and the BS goes on and on and on with PORCIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AA!
Yes, it's all me...just me. LoL. Blinders much?

Say, I won't ask about the invite....you already told me that's a no go, but uh...hows that secret invite only alternative to the AMA going? Membership numbers? Dues? CBO status? Got an update?
Old 10-08-2016, 04:22 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
Yes, it's all me...just me. LoL. Blinders much?
CLASSIC!
Get called on your BS, and you deflect by saying that you aren't the only one? You are the only one he called out, that is his opinion. I thought you were open to others' opinions? WHOSE got the blinders on?

Dude, if you are going to continue with your spin, at least man up and own it!!!! Pretty lame to pretend you don't do it.

Astro

Last edited by astrohog; 10-08-2016 at 04:25 AM.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:46 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Dennis
Hi Dennis ,

I was hoping once the spin & agenda driven posting that permeates all AMA forum threads was finished , the thread could go on with such things as possibly coming up with a decent Email title for such alerts . Yes I do think it's great they send them and yes I do think a better title would help to keep them from being deleted as spam/scam .

Thing being , there really IS no reason to take a simple talking point as seriously as things always appear to be taken here . My opinion , the Email was mis titled . Others may not think so , although I haven't heard much outside of your post suggesting a better title for the future Emails .
Old 10-08-2016, 07:59 AM
Propworn

double post
Old 10-08-2016, 08:00 AM
Propworn

The AMA forum isn't the only one but it’s the same dozen or so who go about arguing for the sake of argument ad infinitum on any forum. One shows up, makes a post and before you know it the others pile in like a bunch of boys out behind the barn arguing over whose Swartz is the biggest. I think they just like to hear themselves talk or they must feel the need to convince others how swell and bright they are. It’s funny the first few times then extremely boring after that. Ever notice how it usually ends with the op and everyone leaving and the stooges continue to carry on till the next forum gets invaded then they all head there to start once more. Like I said some need to do more building/flying.

Dennis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjVatNQr-GM
Old 10-11-2016, 09:42 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by init4fun
Anybody else get the Email from the FAA under the heading of "UAS Registration Update" and open it to find it's actually a warning to stay outta the way of operations during hurricane Matthew ? Maybe it's me , but I don't consider a warning to stay out of a potential disaster area to be any kinds of an "update" to my UAS registration in any way and the misleading title almost got it deleted as spam/scam .

FAA - 1
Duuuh, maybe update to those who registered their UAS? Makes sense to me and I never registered. Maybe they should have required a test or something?
Old 10-11-2016, 01:36 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Duuuh, maybe update to those who registered their UAS? Makes sense to me and I never registered. Maybe they should have required a test or something?
Nope , nice try though .....
Old 10-12-2016, 01:11 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Like I said some need to do more building/flying.

That's for sure......