Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Crickets....

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Crickets....

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2020, 02:28 PM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AMA's so-called mission statement is boiler-plate verbiage. For AMA's real mission statement read Rich Hanson's op-ed in The Hill:

"We are willing to work with Congress and the UAS industry to ensure that those that fly under Section 336
are educated, trained and managed by an established community-based organization "

That means all recreational flyers, conditioned with Hanson's pitch that recreational flyers not belonging to AMA are basically criminals that
deserve to be punished: "task the FAA with increasing enforcement so that those who violate Part 107 are held accountable for their actions".

What leader of any other hobby or sport would attack its own constituency like that, much less in an appeal to Congress in a major publication? How
much more malignant could an organization be? The FAA dumped a bucket of ice water on Hanson and AMA's forced membership scam a week later.

Old 08-28-2020, 02:34 PM
R_Strowe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ECHO24
AMA's so-called mission statement is boiler-plate verbiage. For AMA's real mission statement read Rich Hanson's op-ed in The Hill:

"We are willing to work with Congress and the UAS industry to ensure that those that fly under Section 336
are educated, trained and managed by an established community-based organization "

That means all recreational flyers, conditioned with Hanson's pitch that recreational flyers not belonging to AMA are basically criminals that
deserve to be punished: "task the FAA with increasing enforcement so that those who violate Part 107 are held accountable for their actions".

What leader of any other hobby or sport would attack its own constituency like that, much less in an appeal to Congress in a major publication? How
much more malignant could an organization be? The FAA dumped a bucket of ice water on Hanson and AMA's forced membership scam a week later.
That is YOUR interpretation. Not everybodies. Note he does NOT mention AMA, only CBOs. YOU choose to see the boogie-man under the rock. But when taken at face value, there was no 'forced membership scam'. That is only in the mind of conspiracy nuts.

R_Strowe
Old 08-28-2020, 02:40 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

That's interesting. I didn't know the Klingons had found this planet yet. For that matter, the Vulcans aren't scheduled to find Earth for another 42+ years. To be more specific, first contact is scheduled to be in Bozeman Montana on April 5th, 2063. We aren't supposed to even see a Klingon until April, 2151 and that being in Broken Bow Oklahoma, where he will get shot by a plasma shotgun and barely survive.
Old 08-28-2020, 02:52 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Strowe
That is YOUR interpretation. Not everybodies. Note he does NOT mention AMA, only CBOs. YOU choose to see the boogie-man under the rock. But when taken at face value, there was no 'forced membership scam'. That is only in the mind of conspiracy nuts.

R_Strowe
Wow , so determined and yet SO uninformed .......
Old 08-28-2020, 03:03 PM
Hydro Junkie

R_Strowe
Okay, let's clarify this a little more. You have to remember that, at that point, there were no other CBO's as the only other one was forced out of existence by legal action initiated by the AMA so, to mention CBOs could only mean the AMA at that time
Old 08-28-2020, 03:14 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
I like it, not one place in that definition does it say AMA or anything related to it. Thanks Speed

Agree, one does not need to be AMA affiliated to be classified as a modeler. My main point is that being registered with the FAA does not mean you fit the definition of a modeler either. IMO regardless of what you fly, if the intent is to fly for no other reason but to enjoy the flight then I consider you a modeler. If the intent of the flight is a video or pictures then you are a videographer or photographer simply using a tool to get the job done.

The latter types have no intent of joining any R/C club and I have no issue with that. However why should anyone beleive that the AMA should lobby for them if they have no intent of becoming modelers?
Old 08-28-2020, 03:16 PM
speedracerntrixie

That's interesting. I didn't know the Klingons had found this planet yet. For that matter, the Vulcans aren't scheduled to find Earth for another 42+ years. To be more specific, first contact is scheduled to be in Bozeman Montana on April 5th, 2063. We aren't supposed to even see a Klingon until April, 2151 and that being in Broken Bow Oklahoma, where he will get shot by a plasma shotgun and barely survive.

We can only hope there aren't any Borg involved.....
Old 08-28-2020, 03:20 PM
ECHO24

R_Strowe
Right. It's in black and white my friendly spinmeister.
Old 08-28-2020, 03:22 PM
speedracerntrixie

Okay, let's clarify this a little more. You have to remember that, at that point, there were no other CBO's as the only other one was forced out of existence by legal action initiated by the AMA so, to mention CBOs could only mean the AMA at that time

This is a fairly enlightening read on that subject.

Whatever happened to the Sport's Flyers Association?
Old 08-28-2020, 03:33 PM
Hydro Junkie

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
We can only hope there aren't any Borg involved.....
True, but at least you can take out a Borg with a lead projectile firing weapon
Old 08-28-2020, 03:35 PM
franklin_m

In response to an inquiry to the FAA’s UAS help line, that concerned whether membership in a CBO is required to follow Section 336, the FAA responded, ‘the FAA does not interpret P.L. 112-95 Section 336 as requiring membership in a CBO, nor the the FAA list any CBOs. You must only follow the guidelines of a CBO.’ This statement ignores Congress’ requirement to operate within the programming of a nationwide CBO... (emphasis added)”
- Rich Hanson, President, AMA, February 2018 Model Aviation Magazine, pg 6.

Currently, if you are not a member of a CBO and following its rules, you are required to fly under Part 107 (emphasis added).” - Randy Cameron, Executive Vice President, AMA, February 2018 Model Aviation Magazine, pg 124.

To fly a radio controlled aircraft in the United States, there’s only two ways you can do that right now. You either get a 107 UAS Remote Pilot Certificate … or you follow Section 336 of the Public Law, which outlines a process where you can be part of a community based organization and then follow their guidelines. So basically AMA is the only one at this point … So you either have a 107 certificate or you’re a member of the AMA (emphasis added).”
- Tony Stillman, Flying Site Coordinator, AMA, undated interview approx 9 months ago w/ Hobby Geek (approx 15 minute mark)

And these don't include the video where Executive Director of AMA also says ".... you have to be a member ...."
Old 08-28-2020, 03:37 PM
ECHO24

The lastest important news is that the FAA delined to prosecute a drone flyer who interfered with the Bighorn fire in Arizona
in June claiming they could not prove the owner was flying the drone.

Being a criminal investigation could force the drone owner to answer the question, I don't know if this is a move by the FAA
to spur authorities into demanding Remote ID sooner than later.

The case was also turned over to the FBI, along with a second drone that was siezed (a third drone burned up in the fire), so
there still may be a criminal case.
Old 08-28-2020, 03:38 PM
ECHO24

duplicate post

Last edited by ECHO24; 08-28-2020 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-28-2020, 03:40 PM
franklin_m

Oh, and there's this:

Old 08-28-2020, 03:42 PM
ECHO24

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Oh, and there's this:

Not that it needs any further proof for anyone with a pulse, but ...
Old 08-28-2020, 03:51 PM
ECHO24

AMA spin doctors are right up there with the North Koreans.
Old 08-28-2020, 03:52 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

PFFT...FACTS.....PROOF......

I expect to hear the sounds of crickets again......(either that or THEIR interpretation of plain old English...)

Astro
Old 08-28-2020, 03:55 PM
Hydro Junkie

Originally Posted by astrohog
PFFT...FACTS.....PROOF......

I expect to hear the sounds of crickets again......(either that or THEIR interpretation of plain old English...)

Astro
Actually, I expect to see one dissenting poster and he will be someone that's not an AMA member either
Old 08-28-2020, 04:03 PM
astrohog

Actually, I expect to see one dissenting poster and he will be someone that's not an AMA member either
It sure would be refreshing to hear the ignorant acquiesce to their ignorance just once.....

Astro
Old 08-28-2020, 04:05 PM
Hydro Junkie

Oh, and there's this:

Thank You Franklin!!!
You just kind of put a lid on the argument on the membership requirement. I'm sure we will have one person try to spin it that isn't even an AMA member
Old 08-28-2020, 04:06 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

R_Strowe
Oh, and there's this:

And so it appears the oh so sure of himself Mr. Strowe , who thought he was SO in the know , will now be the one eating crow .....
Old 08-28-2020, 04:06 PM
astrohog

Oh, and I sure appreciate the efforts of those who bothered to go back and dig up the facts. I KNEW they were there (hence my opinions/beliefs), I just wasn't willing to spend the hours of perusing through the YEARS of documents to find the smoking gun to prove it to the ignorant.

Astro
Old 08-28-2020, 04:07 PM
Hydro Junkie

Originally Posted by astrohog
It sure would be refreshing to hear the ignorant acquiesce to their ignorance just once.....

Astro
True, but since he's already thrown anyone that isn't an AMA member under the bus, do you think he's going to take Franklin's post laying down? I seriously doubt it
Old 08-28-2020, 04:16 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

True, but since he's already thrown anyone that isn't an AMA member under the bus, do you think he's going to take Franklin's post laying down? I seriously doubt it

dose not matter.
for the foreseeable future, he is forbidden to enter the country, and therefore no longer counts for anything in this argument anyway.
Old 08-28-2020, 04:17 PM
Hydro Junkie

Originally Posted by mongo
dose not matter.
for the foreseeable future, he is forbidden to enter the country, and therefore no longer counts for anything in this argument anyway.
Good point, I had forgotten that the border is closed until further notice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.