Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Crickets....

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Crickets....

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 06:48 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Propworn
Not a premise I would call it more a fact if anything. Easy to ignore a dozen or so malcontents and it makes it easier that they are all in one place.

The reality is your conspiracy theory is so broad I have no idea what information you are referring to. And this information is not known to anyone?????? HMMMMMM tinfoil hat anyone?????
Huh? You're so wrapped up in your spun narrative, you can't keep up with the actual thread.

Keep on trollin' bro!

Astro
Old 02-07-2021, 03:51 AM
Retiredat38
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Funny how a Canadian can become the Face of the AMA on this forum. Really Yay-Sayers? Is this the image you want to represent you and the AMA here?

The AMA is dead because the membership is dead. Otherwise the membership WOULD be getting answers from the EC AND serious actions to fix the finances would already be in place. But as the saying goes, birds of a feather............
Old 02-07-2021, 04:08 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Retiredat38
Funny how a Canadian can become the Face of the AMA on this forum. Really Yay-Sayers? Is this the image you want to represent you and the AMA here?

The AMA is dead because the membership is dead. Otherwise the membership WOULD be getting answers from the EC AND serious actions to fix the finances would already be in place. But as the saying goes, birds of a feather............
NO, NO, NO, YOU HAVE IT ALL WRONG!!!!!!!!
The spineless, dirt eating wanna be Canadian isn't the face of anything. His only reason for coming into the forum is to try and raise hate, tension and aggression between the rest of us. The problem is this piece of "fishbait" isn't a Canadian at all. I have friends that are Canadians and, unlike this wanna be, they have class and integrity, two things he will never have. The only question I have at this point is how long will it take before the AMA "Yay-Sayers" figure out he's not worth the time or they stop paying the AMA for the big nothing the AMA gives them for their hard earned money?
Old 02-07-2021, 06:16 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
The spineless, dirt eating wanna be Canadian isn't the face of anything. His only reason for coming into the forum is to try and raise hate, tension and aggression between the rest of us. The problem is this piece of "fishbait" isn't a Canadian at all. I have friends that are Canadians and, unlike this wanna be, they have class and integrity, two things he will never have. The only question I have at this point is how long will it take before the AMA "Yay-Sayers" figure out he's not worth the time or they stop paying the AMA for the big nothing the AMA gives them for their hard earned money?
Hydro my Friend, I know I've said this before but I'm gonna say it again, Dennis can only continue antagonizing the board when people react to his provocations. Which you have just done. Now just so you know I'm not scolding you here, I fully well realize how easy it can be to get baited into just the kind of exchange you and he are presently engaged in, but at some point wouldn't it be best to simply ignore him and let his posts wither and die for lack of attention? A couple of days ago I practiced this very thing, totally ignoring an earlier post because I felt it had a trolling component that I simply wasn't gonna allow myself to react to and get all spun up over. The greatest majority of "rhklenke" 's post was respectful and I'd have replied to it (he did quote one of my posts and asked me a question) except for the "With it's plethora of expert naysayers" nonsense taunt he felt the need to include, when I saw that I automatically knew that there was not going to be any kinds of common middle ground found between he and I and so I simply ignored him and happily went about my day unperturbed by this forum's ongoing animosity.

And my last statement here will be to rhklenke;

Bob, the place I occupy here, to some I'm an "AMA Hater", and to others I'm "5 digit AMA nobility", Is the place of one whose been an AMA member for better than 50 years and would like to see the AMA continue for at least 50 more (even though I'll be lucky to see even 10 more years myself). When someone like Franklin comes in here with what appears to be very well researched & presented data showing a precarious decline in our organization's finances you can bet your ass I'm gonna want to see either that data itself proven wrong, or if it can't be proven wrong I want major lifesaving changes to our organization to at least attempt to remain fiscally sound. Instead, what I get is to see Franklin himself get attacked and each and EVERY thread here devolve into a petty "us VS them" that in all reality paints all of us AMA members in the worst possible light to anybody from the public new to the hobby who happens to find this forum in their on line searches.

And so, my challenge to the board stands, can ANYONE provide ANY factual counter to Franklin's DATA, If so I'd sure as Hell like to see it !!!!!!!!

Last edited by init4fun; 02-07-2021 at 06:19 AM.
Old 02-07-2021, 08:03 AM
flyboy2610

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Old 02-07-2021, 08:56 AM
astrohog

What's happen to you guys? I used to drop in during an intermission of meaningful work to catch a laugh or two but I log on and the AMA forums seem to have died out. Is that what happens when Grew isn't around to stir the pot and give you direction? The circle flies have lost the attractant that kept them together.
So, you mean, this is really just a sad, lonely troll post?

Astro
Old 02-07-2021, 08:59 AM
astrohog

Originally Posted by init4fun
And so, my challenge to the board stands, can ANYONE provide ANY factual counter to Franklin's DATA, If so I'd sure as Hell like to see it !!!!!!!!
+1 (Where's that like button!)

If history repeats itself, this thread will go back to crickets again, now that a question has been posed of the yaysayer's, followed by more trolling, name-calling and threats, by the usual suspects.......

LOL

Astro
Old 02-07-2021, 12:50 PM
Hydro Junkie

Hydro my Friend, I know I've said this before but I'm gonna say it again, Dennis can only continue antagonizing the board when people react to his provocations. Which you have just done. Now just so you know I'm not scolding you here, I fully well realize how easy it can be to get baited into just the kind of exchange you and he are presently engaged in, but at some point wouldn't it be best to simply ignore him and let his posts wither and die for lack of attention? A couple of days ago I practiced this very thing, totally ignoring an earlier post because I felt it had a trolling component that I simply wasn't gonna allow myself to react to and get all spun up over. The greatest majority of "rhklenke" 's post was respectful and I'd have replied to it (he did quote one of my posts and asked me a question) except for the "With it's plethora of expert naysayers" nonsense taunt he felt the need to include, when I saw that I automatically knew that there was not going to be any kinds of common middle ground found between he and I and so I simply ignored him and happily went about my day unperturbed by this forum's ongoing animosity.
Believe it or not, I was actually pretty much telling Retired the same thing, in a much more wordy and unflattering way. Granted, there was a bit of a reaction to the last posts by said ground crawler but, for the most part, I did ignore him. I'm just wondering when the powers that be will start taking action about obvious "troll posts"?
Old 02-07-2021, 01:49 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And my last statement here will be to rhklenke;

Bob, the place I occupy here, to some I'm an "AMA Hater", and to others I'm "5 digit AMA nobility", Is the place of one whose been an AMA member for better than 50 years and would like to see the AMA continue for at least 50 more (even though I'll be lucky to see even 10 more years myself). When someone like Franklin comes in here with what appears to be very well researched & presented data showing a precarious decline in our organization's finances you can bet your ass I'm gonna want to see either that data itself proven wrong, or if it can't be proven wrong I want major lifesaving changes to our organization to at least attempt to remain fiscally sound. Instead, what I get is to see Franklin himself get attacked and each and EVERY thread here devolve into a petty "us VS them" that in all reality paints all of us AMA members in the worst possible light to anybody from the public new to the hobby who happens to find this forum in their on line searches.

I agree ... AMA ... please prove me wrong. Let's see TRENDS over time, adjusted for inflation.

And for the record, continued silence speaks volumes....
Old 02-08-2021, 03:00 AM
Retiredat38
Banned

And WHY do the Mods/Admins tolerate it? I'll wager you can find those who have been banned for less. It would seem the "Not My Job" attitude one finds with EC members applies to this forum as well.
Old 02-08-2021, 05:07 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Retiredat38
And WHY do the Mods/Admins tolerate it? I'll wager you can find those who have been banned for less. It would seem the "Not My Job" attitude one finds with EC members applies to this forum as well.
You can drop that right there.

EC members don't moderate the AMA forum. Can you imagine the hell Franklin would raise if I deleted every post of his (or yours) I don't agree with?
Old 02-08-2021, 06:01 AM
Hydro Junkie

Andy, it's not Franklin's, Retired's, Astro's or even my posts he's talking about. It's the obvious trolling posts that are only added, by a couple of people, to threads to rile everyone up. If we go back and look at that thread that was closed by the moderators in the other sub-forum recently, it was locked down fairly quickly before it ever got close to the level of "crap slinging" we see in this sub-forum. I'm sure there is a way that the "wild west" of the AMA area could be tamed WITHOUT making the moderators(I know, both you and R/C Ken are both AMA members) look biased. It might be time to start looking for a way to start reining in the west
Old 02-08-2021, 06:17 AM
BarracudaHockey

It's not that I'm a member, its that I'm a District VP

Ken moderates the AMA forums, if you have an issue and a reported post you feel isn't addressed, then feel free to send him a PM.
Old 02-08-2021, 07:03 AM
Hydro Junkie

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
It's not that I'm a member, its that I'm a District VP

Ken moderates the AMA forums, if you have an issue and a reported post you feel isn't addressed, then feel free to send him a PM.
I get that you're a VP but, as stated above, there has to be a way to moderate the AMA area in a fair way.
Maybe you could place a warning on a post about cleaning up the poster's act or the thread will be cleaned up? If you were to do that, with maybe a short what's wrong, it might make a difference. Then, if the conduct doesn't change, you or Ken could take action as it wouldn't be without a prior warning while, at the same time, the person who's being warned could have the chance to reply as to why their post is appropriate
Just a thought
Old 02-08-2021, 08:10 AM
BarracudaHockey

I don't disagree, but I'm doing what I was asked by upper management. In the AMA forums, I'm just a user/participant.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:11 AM
Hydro Junkie

Not a problem, but could you send my suggestion on to Ken or someone else that can do something with it?
Old 02-08-2021, 09:46 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Not a problem, but could you send my suggestion on to Ken or someone else that can do something with it?
This is the whole thing with you guys. Your always looking for someone else to do your leg work. He gave you a suggestion you contact Ken yourself. Instead you want him to contact Ken on your behalf. Why is that????
Old 02-08-2021, 10:33 AM
astrohog

EC members don't moderate the AMA forum. Can you imagine the hell Franklin would raise if I deleted every post of his (or yours) I don't agree with?
I think you should re-read Retiredat38’s post, nowhere did he point his post at AMA EC members that are also moderators here, he simply said that member complaints/concerns fall on deaf ears here, just as they do at the AMA.

I think you may have jumped the gun with your response.

Astro

Old 02-09-2021, 03:03 AM
Retiredat38
Banned

I didn't say they did. I was simply pointing out that the same attitude seems to be pervasive with both groups, the EC and the Mods. You just happen to be both.
Don't read into my comments or claim I said something I didn't.
Old 02-09-2021, 03:27 AM
franklin_m

I don't disagree, but I'm doing what I was asked by upper management. In the AMA forums, I'm just a user/participant.
Meanwhile, we're all still waiting to hear YOUR plan / opinion on how to reverse the AMA's financial trends. You are an EC member after all? Or is your plan to just keep doing more of the same and hope for a different result?
Old 02-09-2021, 07:13 AM
Propworn

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Meanwhile, we're all still waiting to hear YOUR plan / opinion on how to reverse the AMA's financial trends. You are an EC member after all? Or is your plan to just keep doing more of the same and hope for a different result?
Andy being a VP does he even get a vote at an EC meeting?
Franky and the rest of the Minions why don't you guys do like Andy, run for office where you might stand a better chance at affecting change. Junk on the other hand not being a member would have to continue to throw rocks from the outside of the playground.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:01 AM
BarracudaHockey

Yep, the VP's are the EC along with the EVP, and President.

As for running, all the open positions in the last election ran unopposed
Old 02-09-2021, 08:32 AM
Propworn

Yep, the VP's are the EC along with the EVP, and President.
At MAAC we have zone directors and vice zone directors all elected positions but our zone directors are the only ones with a vote. I wasn't sure what the situation was with the AMA. I believe you have districts where we have zones. At a board or executive meeting we have only one vote for each represented area how many votes per district do you have? How many districts are there?

As for running, all the open positions in the last election ran unopposed
Unopposed?????????????????? There you go Franky and the boys your chance to make a difference throw your hat in the ring. Run for office then you have a toe hold to get your grievances heard. Obviously after all the years and posts on this and other forums haven't you guys realized your not moving forward or accomplishing anything substantial. Even members who agree with you soon fade away because nothing but more rhetoric follows instead of any kind of organized action.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:33 AM
franklin_m

Andy being a VP does he even get a vote at an EC meeting?
Franky and the rest of the Minions why don't you guys do like Andy, run for office where you might stand a better chance at affecting change. Junk on the other hand not being a member would have to continue to throw rocks from the outside of the playground.
Like many dysfunctional organizations, the AMA is set up structurally to preserve the status quo. To run for EC, you must first be a leader member. To be a leader member, you must first be anointed as such by an EC member! Thus homogeneity of thought is preserved. EC members don't name Leader Members that rock the boat, therefore it's highly unlikely that anyone who thinks differently will ever reach the EC.

And finally, even when someone slips through and gets close, like a recent candidate for EVP, the President and incumbent EVP use their columns in the official magazine to attack the candidate's platform! Using the levers of state (so to speak) to defeat a rival.

Last edited by franklin_m; 02-09-2021 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-09-2021, 09:58 AM
Hydro Junkie

At MAAC we have zone directors and vice zone directors all elected positions but our zone directors are the only ones with a vote. I wasn't sure what the situation was with the AMA. I believe you have districts where we have zones. At a board or executive meeting we have only one vote for each represented area how many votes per district do you have? How many districts are there?

Unopposed?????????????????? There you go Franky and the boys your chance to make a difference throw your hat in the ring. Run for office then you have a toe hold to get your grievances heard. Obviously after all the years and posts on this and other forums haven't you guys realized your not moving forward or accomplishing anything substantial. Even members who agree with you soon fade away because nothing but more rhetoric follows instead of any kind of organized action.
But you're forgetting one very large detail, THIS FORUM ISN'T ABOUT THE MAAC AND, THEREFORE, ANYTHING RELATED TO THE MAAC IS IRRELEVANT TO ANY CONVERSATION ABOUT THE AMA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.