Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Crickets....

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Crickets....

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2022, 07:38 AM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Education. Being an AMA member comes with a certain amount of safety education. If the FAA had decided that CBO membership was required for all UAS pilots then we might have been able to cover all of UAS with the safety record. Maybe just maybe congress might have taken a different direction.
The point was AMA lobbies for drones and FPV outside of AMA clubs but not RC model aircraft. And what about AMA offering commercial drone insurance? That's about as far away as you can get from the RC model aircraft hobby. Supporting the commercial side is generally seen as siding with the enemy. Like paying for space at AUVSI events, those are the people who want to close down airspace to hobbyists. AMA is OK with shutting down model aircraft and all gung ho for drones and FPV. What's up with that? The obvious answer (stupidly enough) is AMA is doing so to protect their monopoly.

Whether or nor it will affect you in your flying lifetime, here's a suggestion if you don't want AMA to wither and die: Start supporting an exemption for non-advanced RC flying, no cameras or GPS navigation.
Old 09-28-2022, 07:49 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

The AMA didn't "offer drone insurance"
They partnered with a company just like they do with companies for rental car discounts to refer our members that desire it. That is not part of the AMA insurance program.

The AMA is NOT ok with shutting down model aircraft in any way shape or form.

Old 09-28-2022, 09:44 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have to assume they were proactive and called AMA.
LOL " assume".

Mike
Old 09-28-2022, 09:56 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
We (the AMA) is in constant contact with the FAA. Communication is prepared but we need 91-57C to drop to get the final instructions but the intent has been for the AMA HQ to handle the FRIA applications, not for individual clubs.

As soon as we get the final word from the FAA it will go out to the clubs, officers, LM's etc that are subscribed to the emails, and posted on social media.

I get it that the AMA wants to control this , that's no surprise but no one knows until the FAA drops the final version of the process on us.We need to just wait and see. Over 2000 chartered clubs is going to be some undertaking.

Mike
Old 09-28-2022, 10:22 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmiket
LOL " assume".

Mike
And yet they have information that you do not. Perhaps checking AMA web site, posting info 3 weeks old or just plain sitting on your butt waiting for the information to come to you isn’t the best way to go.
Old 09-28-2022, 10:25 AM
rcmiket

And yet they have information that you do not. Perhaps checking AMA web site, posting info 3 weeks old or just plain sitting on your butt waiting for the information to come to you isn’t the best way to go.

No they don't they have speculation nothing more. Show me on the AMA website were they got that info. I posted just what the AMA released to the membership. I've also been in contact with the AMA on this and they have mentioned none of what you posted.

Mike
Old 09-28-2022, 10:55 AM
speedracerntrixie

No they don't they have speculation nothing more. Show me on the AMA website were they got that info. I posted just what the AMA released to the membership. I've also been in contact with the AMA on this and they have mentioned none of what you posted.

Mike
Your assumption.
Old 09-28-2022, 11:05 AM
rcmiket

Your assumption.
As is yours I posted FACT.

Mike
Old 09-28-2022, 11:30 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

back to the main points now,

all a club officer can do right now, is verify that the GPS coordinates that the AMA has for his clubs flying site(s) are in fact, the right coordinates.
Old 09-28-2022, 12:17 PM
speedracerntrixie

As is yours I posted FACT.

Mike
Yet what was said is exactly the same as what Andy is telling us. Funny how you make claim that all of AMA is incompetent yet make a case based of what someone from AMA has told you.
Old 09-28-2022, 01:41 PM
rcmiket

Yet what was said is exactly the same as what Andy is telling us. Funny how you make claim that all of AMA is incompetent yet make a case based of what someone from AMA has told you.
LOL No this is what he said. NOWHERE on the AMA site does it say what I marked in bold. Also read what the AMA has on their site dated 9/9/22. Nowhere there does it say what Andy said. Facts are facts.

"We (the AMA) is in constant contact with the FAA. Communication is prepared but we need 91-57C to drop to get the final instructions but the intent has been for the AMA HQ to handle the FRIA applications, not for individual clubs.

As soon as we get the final word from the FAA it will go out to the clubs, officers, LM's etc that are subscribed to the emails, and posted on social media."

Also there has been NO communication from the AMA to the LM's in over a year.

MIke
Old 09-28-2022, 01:56 PM
ECHO24

They partnered with a company just like they do with companies for rental car discounts to refer our members that desire it. That is not part of the AMA insurance program.

"The AMA didn't "offer drone insurance". Well, you have your own definition of "offering" then because here's the AMA link for commercial drone insurance:
https://www.modelaircraft.org/form/droneinsurance

Car insurance? Since you don't think outside affiliates don't need to have anything to do with the RC model aircraft hobby why not burial insurance too for extra cash, or sell AFLAC insurance, or open a chain of AMA fast food restaurants.

Siding with drones and FPV is absolutely about shutting down RC model aircraft. There is no way for us to comply with Remote ID, while drones can. This is about off-site RC flying. Get real. You're living in the AMA talking point fantasy land.

You're on board with AMA's fraud or you would say you support a non-advanced exception, no cameras or GPS navigation, something AMA has never advocated for.
Old 09-28-2022, 05:40 PM
ECHO24

You never answer a question directly or quote the question. Just more misdirection. Nevertheless, at your next AMA meeting bring up the subject of an exemption for non-advanced RC model aircraft and report back to us how that turd flies. AMA has had 10 years to do it, so not likely it would get a better reception now. AMA would be lost as usual.
Old 09-28-2022, 06:03 PM
speedracerntrixie

The AMA is applying for ALL club FRIA's on behalf of the clubs.

We do NOT want individual clubs applying for FRIA status, they (the FAA) has stated specifically that they want it to come from the CBO so they can deal with one point of contact.

Mike, how is this not EXACTLY what was said at my clubs meeting?
Old 09-29-2022, 03:28 AM
rcmiket

Mike, how is this not EXACTLY what was said at my clubs meeting?
They have no clue just what the "final instructions" will be. Guess we'll find out in the near future. Their "intentions" are not based on fact . Period. Just as what your club "leaders ' told your membership. When I address our club on this I relate just what the AMA and FAA has posted as FACT, " Information on the FRIA process is coming soon."

Mike

Old 09-29-2022, 04:13 AM
speedracerntrixie

Odd that the same statement was made on another site and you did not bothering to argue.

Old 09-29-2022, 04:21 AM
rcmiket

LOL. Making sure the AMA has the correct GPS location is just CYA. Nice try though.

Mike
Old 09-29-2022, 05:07 AM
speedracerntrixie

LOL. Making sure the AMA has the correct GPS location is just CYA. Nice try though.

Mike
Look closer.
Old 09-30-2022, 09:26 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Ah, , , , ya SURE those are crickets your hearing ????

Old 09-30-2022, 12:09 PM
speedracerntrixie

Maybe it’s the sound of FRIAs popping up around the country.
Old 09-30-2022, 12:50 PM
rcmiket

Mike
Old 09-30-2022, 01:01 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Yep, its been that way for 2 weeks, we are waiting for 91-57C to publish to establish the process for CBO recognition, and establishing FRIA's

Nothing has changed from what I told you, the FAA wants a central management of FRIA applications and HQ is going to do it on behalf of the clubs.
Old 10-01-2022, 07:48 AM
speedracerntrixie

Mike

LOL you actually feel the need to correct my JOKE?
Old 10-01-2022, 08:08 AM
rcmiket

Nope just posting a update. I didn't quote you, did I. You actually feel you had to respond to my post?

Mike

Old 10-01-2022, 08:38 AM
speedracerntrixie

So now you’re stooping to childish games. Carry on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.