Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

The Happy AMA Thread , What do YOU do with them ?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

The Happy AMA Thread , What do YOU do with them ?

Old 03-08-2020, 03:19 PM
  #76  
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 9,523
Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by init4fun
So how do you guys feel about the whole "Ginger VS Maryann" conundrum ? and can sweet AND sexy ever occupy the same physical form ?

If Pizza is round how come it comes in square boxes ?

Ginger! I am quite partial to saucy redheads.

Square boxes so you can get dipping sauces in the box.



Last edited by speedracerntrixie; 03-08-2020 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:12 PM
  #77  
franklin_m
 
franklin_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 4,564
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
In all reality, Grognard flying his model over a soybean field is a multitude safer then Franklin flying in a park/schoolyard. I flew today without coming anywhere close to 400'. Only because the fog hadn't lifted so the F5J sailplane didn't leave the car. Instead I enjoyed my first helicopter flights since 1995.
The five digit AMA member has spoken. I think we should all turn toward the west and chant in unison "We're not worthy."
Old 03-08-2020, 04:17 PM
  #78  
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 9,523
Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts
Default

Yes, we are all aware that when you can't argue the point you resort to insults.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:18 PM
  #79  
franklin_m
 
franklin_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 4,564
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by grognard
The only rational explanation I can come up with for this post is pure jealousy. It must gall you deeply that some of us have access to such nice facilities. 30+ plus older guys - and a few young - having fun with their toys on the margin of a crop field. In "the middle of nowhere" somewhere in the Midwest, where you wouldn't want to live anyway. And it has to be quashed, because it doesn't conform to your preconceived notions.
You're right about not wanting to live there.

It doesn't have to be quashed. However if it does become a FRIA, that it:
  1. Is open to all citizens equally w/o any forced association with any PRIVATE dues collecting organization and,
  2. All operations remain within the lateral limits of the land set aside for exclusive use of the group submitting the FRIA paperwork.

Meet those two requirements, and you can have your FRIA and play with your toys all you like.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:20 PM
  #80  
franklin_m
 
franklin_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 4,564
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Yes, we are all aware that when you can't argue the point you resort to insults.
Insult? I thought you were proud of your five digit number? So much that you mention it with some regularity in these forums. Even note that people come up to you and ask about what it means ... the five digit number. I'm just honoring your awesomeness.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:23 PM
  #81  
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 9,523
Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by grognard
The only rational explanation I can come up with for this post is pure jealousy. It must gall you deeply that some of us have access to such nice facilities. 30+ plus older guys - and a few young - having fun with their toys on the margin of a crop field. In "the middle of nowhere" somewhere in the Midwest, where you wouldn't want to live anyway. And it has to be quashed, because it doesn't conform to your preconceived notions.

It took you this long to figure that out. Look at how his head explodes whenever I mention how long I have been flying, what I have accomplished with the hobby or show the slightest amount amount of pride in one of my builds.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:28 PM
  #82  
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 9,523
Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts
Default

This should really get him going.........Having a spot on what at the time was the number 1 rated daytime TV show. Hell I bet Astro is even going to show up and have something negative to say.

Old 03-08-2020, 04:32 PM
  #83  
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)
 
Propworn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,484
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Default

Let one in ya have to let them all in LOL!!!!! Like forgetting to close the screen door!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hover around like those bottle flys when one lands they all dive in. LOL!!!!!
Old 03-08-2020, 04:34 PM
  #84  
jcmors
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Yankton, SD
Posts: 227
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by init4fun
So how do you guys feel about the whole "Ginger VS Maryann" conundrum ? and can sweet AND sexy ever occupy the same physical form ?

If Pizza is round how come it comes in square boxes ?
Sexy and sweet, Yes, (just my opinion, perhaps we need a poll on this?)
Pizza comes in square boxes because it is a pizza pie, which is, yes round usually but Pi R squared.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:38 PM
  #85  
franklin_m
 
franklin_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 4,564
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
It took you this long to figure that out. Look at how his head explodes whenever I mention how long I have been flying, what I have accomplished with the hobby or show the slightest amount amount of pride in one of my builds.
To the contrary. I am just realizing that as a five digit member you are on a level that no six digit member could ever accomplish. I mean you've probably forgotten more about toy plane flying than any of us would ever know, even if we spent the rest of our lives studying. And the skill! As a five digit member, I'm sure the only contests you don't win are because you choose not to win - such is your greatness. And those color schemes and finishes. Works of art. Now that I think of it, I'm sure I've seen one in the Smithsonian, Le Louvre, or The British Museum .. I can't remember which.

We're just not worthy. In fact, I'm questioning why you even talk to us mere mortals.
Old 03-08-2020, 05:43 PM
  #86  
RCUer75345
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 224
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Meet those two requirements, and you can have your FRIA and play with your toys all you like.
No, because you've made clear that the real agenda behind your "equal protection" advocacy is to "stick a fork in the FRIA concept". You want to close them all. Only some children have access to sandboxes; therefore, ban all sandboxes. Make everybody miserable, because that's "fair".

I think it was Churchill who observed that "fair shares for all" is not the same as "equal shares for all". I hope the FAA agrees. Thankfully, it's not up to you.

Old 03-08-2020, 06:04 PM
  #87  
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)
 
astrohog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,345
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Are you actually going to tell me that you have NEVER bent a law or two? Never went over the speed limit? Never fudged the numbers on a Tex return? Never made an illegal U turn? If the way you break the rules here on RCU is any indication how you view rules and laws I would have to say you are the kettle calling the pot black.
Dude, quit it with your spin and accusations or bring PROOF. You cannot point to any rule infractions on my part. I've been a member on here for awhile.......for a reason......
Please cite where I said I have never broken a law. (I never made that claim, nor is that what we were discussing). Quit moving the goalpost. Talk about resorting to logical fallacies when you are boxed in a corner. Look good at any cost, right? Typical....

Astro
Old 03-08-2020, 06:29 PM
  #88  
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)
 
astrohog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,345
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by grognard
Come on Astro, do you honestly put speed limits for cars and altitude limits for toy airplanes on the same level as robbing banks?
Laws are laws. Period. They are for us to follow. Period. I do not care if you agree or not, or how benign YOU might view them. It doesn't change the FACT that they are laws, and it is certainly not up to you to decide which ones are worthy of following.


Originally Posted by grognard
So tell us -- how can you be absolutely sure that you've never been above 400' with any of your model planes?
UMMMM.......telemetry?...........

Originally Posted by grognard
Or ever crossed a property line. You can't -- unless you have an altitude transponder and GPS installed and calibrated. And neither can anyone else in this discussion, including Grand Admiral Nimitz Nelson himself.
Doesn't matter anyway, it STILL doesn't change the LAW.

Originally Posted by grognard
I think the FAA realizes it's in their interest to make rules UAS users of all kinds will WANT to comply with.
Funniest thing I have heard in a long time! The more you type, the more we realize how misguided your view of the real world is. Here is a little secret.....The FAA realizes that it is in their interest to make rules that help them achieve the agenda that was tasked to them. PERIOD.

Originally Posted by grognard
Self-enforcement is the only viable option,
You are the poster child that disproves your very own thoery! LOL you make this too easy!

Originally Posted by grognard
so make rules people want to follow.
As opposed to rules that achieve a purpose? That makes sense! LOL Keep typing, best entertainment I've had in.....well.....a long time!

Originally Posted by grognard
I hope the comments made will help sway the FAA to modify the proposed rules in appropriate ways.
You mean.....appropriate as grognard sees it, or appropriate to serve the needs they are responsible for?

Originally Posted by grognard
What I do then will depend on what comes out of the sausage machine.
You have a very high opinion of yourself, to the point of actually being above the law! That is a lofty status, albeit a self-appointed one! We'll see how that works out for you when you rob a bank, disobey the speed limit, fudge on your taxes, or ignore FAA regulations. I believe psychologists call this, delusions of grandeur.

Originally Posted by grognard
Now you've torn it.
No, you have not only taken my comment out of context, you have proven you do not know what the term, psycopath even means.

Regards,

Astro

Old 03-08-2020, 06:31 PM
  #89  
franklin_m
 
franklin_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 4,564
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by grognard
No, because you've made clear that the real agenda behind your "equal protection" advocacy is to "stick a fork in the FRIA concept". You want to close them all. Only some children have access to sandboxes; therefore, ban all sandboxes. Make everybody miserable, because that's "fair".

I think it was Churchill who observed that "fair shares for all" is not the same as "equal shares for all". I hope the FAA agrees. Thankfully, it's not up to you.
The FRIA concept is fundamentally flawed. I noted it. DJI noted it. And OMB will note it ... if nothing else than the $60 million in force association money transfer that wasn't part of the analysis.

I've been thinking about some. If I'm the FAA, I know AMA has a history of not playing well, not being part of the solution, and pretty much fighting everything I'm trying to do. But I have to work with them ... or at least appear to. So when they ask for something for their clubs, the FRIA, I give it to them. But I'm smart enough to know that it won't make it past the comments over constitutional issues and the OMB over the analysis I "forgot" to include. So the FRIA gets removed and I (FAA) can tell AMA that "We tried."
Old 03-08-2020, 06:32 PM
  #90  
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 9,523
Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by astrohog
LOL. Are you a psychopath?

Astro
You don't think that this comment breaks RCU posting rules? I suppose I could message Andy for his opinion about that.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:36 PM
  #91  
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 9,523
Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by astrohog
Laws are laws. Period. They are for us to follow. Period. I do not care if you agree or not, or how benign YOU might view them. It doesn't change the FACT that they are laws

Astro

It's not up to you to enforce any laws, you have no authority to tell anyone what they should and shouldn't do.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:37 PM
  #92  
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)
 
astrohog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,345
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by init4fun
So how do you guys feel about the whole "Ginger VS Maryann" conundrum ? and can sweet AND sexy ever occupy the same physical form ?

If Pizza is round how come it comes in square boxes ?
init, you give me hope that all is not lost! Thank-You for that!

As for the sweet AND sexy conundrum.......I haven't found it yet, and I've been happily married for almost 30 years. I love my wife dearly, and on any given day she can be very sexy, or very sweet, but BOTH on the same day????

Round pizza comes in square boxes, so that when your pizza is man-handled by the delivery guy, the corners provide the slightest amount of cushion and may prevent damage to your pie! Call them crumple zones for pizza if you will! Disclaimer: I've NEVER actually witnessed where they were effective; the delivery guy ALWAYS gets the best of it! Kinda like UPS and airplanes! LOL

Regards,

Astro
Old 03-08-2020, 06:45 PM
  #93  
RCUer75345
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 224
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by astrohog
Laws are laws. Period. They are for us to follow. Period. I do not care if you agree or not, or how benign YOU might view them. It doesn't change the FACT that they are laws, and it is certainly not up to you to decide which ones are worthy of following.
Some guys argued that once, at a place called Nuremburg. Didn't help 'em much - they all got hung for what their "laws" led them to do. Except for one who committed suicide first. Google it sometime...

Old 03-08-2020, 06:48 PM
  #94  
RCUer75345
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 224
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Meet those two requirements, and you can have your FRIA and play with your toys all you like.
...but...

Originally Posted by franklin_m
So the FRIA gets removed and I (FAA) can tell AMA that "We tried."
So -- were you lying then, or are you lying now?

And some here question MY integrity...
Old 03-08-2020, 06:48 PM
  #95  
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)
 
astrohog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,345
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
It's not up to you to enforce any laws
LOL. I didn't try. I don't think reading is your thing.....

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
you have no authority to tell anyone what they should and shouldn't do.
First, I merely pointed out that one was in violation of the law. I did not tell him he should or shouldn't (reading comprehension?).

Second, when I am at my flying field, do I have the authority to tell people what they should or shouldn't do?

YOUR statement actually supports one of your your nemesis' Franklin's, points about one of the many AMA flaws; relying on members policing members where it comes to the safety code just doesn't work. Many examples have been cited, and now you reinforce that thoery even more!

Your debate game is weak! BONE UP, MAN!!

Astro

Old 03-08-2020, 06:49 PM
  #96  
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)
 
astrohog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,345
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by grognard
Some guys argued that once, at a place called Nuremburg. Didn't help 'em much - they all got hung for what their "laws" led them to do. Except for one who committed suicide first. Google it sometime...
LOL. Are you REALLY comparing mass genocide to regulating toy airplanes? Figures...

Astro
Old 03-08-2020, 06:59 PM
  #97  
franklin_m
 
franklin_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 4,564
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by grognard
So -- were you lying then, or are you lying now?

And some here question MY integrity...
I think you need to re-read my full comment:
Originally Posted by franklin_m
...If I'm the FAA, I know AMA has a history of not playing well, not being part of the solution, and pretty much fighting everything I'm trying to do. But I have to work with them ... or at least appear to. So when they ask for something for their clubs, the FRIA, I give it to them. But I'm smart enough to know that it won't make it past the comments over constitutional issues and the OMB over the analysis I "forgot" to include. So the FRIA gets removed and I (FAA) can tell AMA that "We tried." (emphasis added)

Note the "IF" at the beginning? As I'm clearly not the FAA, I cannot be the one that wrote the FRIA into the rule, just as I cannot be the one telling the AMA that "We tried." So my comment is what's commonly known as a hypothetical.

All I did was point out a flaw with what FAA wrote. Again, I didn't write the FRIA thing, they did. Perhaps at AMA's behest, which if it fails for the reasons DJI or I noted, will be that much more delicious. If AMA would spend half as much time creating real value so people WANT to join as they spend on trying to find ways to FORCE membership, they'd be a lot better off.
Old 03-08-2020, 07:08 PM
  #98  
franklin_m
 
franklin_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 4,564
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by grognard
Some guys argued that once, at a place called Nuremburg. Didn't help 'em much - they all got hung for what their "laws" led them to do. Except for one who committed suicide first. Google it sometime...
Absolutely over the top hyperbolic emotional reaction.
Old 03-08-2020, 07:17 PM
  #99  
RCUer75345
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 224
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by astrohog
LOL. Are you REALLY comparing mass genocide to regulating toy airplanes? Figures...Astro
LOL. Did you really equate busting speed and/or altitude limits to bank robbery?

Old 03-08-2020, 07:27 PM
  #100  
RCUer75345
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 224
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by franklin_m
As I'm clearly not the FAA, I cannot be the one that wrote the FRIA into the rule, just as I cannot be the one telling the AMA that "We tried."
Whatever that means. I'm talking about your proposition to my club members. That is, if they do certain things they can keep their field open as a FRIA. But wait -- there will be no FRIAs because the concept is fundamentally flawed. So, were you lying when you made the first proposition? Or are you lying now? How can anyone possibly trust anything you say?

Originally Posted by franklin_m
... if it fails for the reasons DJI or I noted, will be that much more delicious.
So to add insult to injury, you describe spoiling the harmless fun of innocent people you've never even met, and who have never harmed you in any way, as "delicious". And your acolytes call ME a psychopath?

I suspect sir, you attended an instution where you were required to swear the following:

"We will not lie, steal, or cheat, nor tolerate those who do."

Dissembling, we are told, is a form of lying. Dissembling, that is -- saying one thing and meaning another. As opposed to integrity, which is saying what you mean, and meaning what you say.

What kind of dissembling is it to heap requirements on FRIAs hoping to close them down -- as opposed to saying straight out that you feel these areas are inappropriate in the first place? Does the end justify the means - or does the honorable man look the enemy in the face rather than shooting him in the back? Is this approach consistent with the honor code?

Mr Midshipman - are you pleased with what you've become?

Last edited by RCUer75345; 03-08-2020 at 07:43 PM.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.