Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

The Happy AMA Thread , What do YOU do with them ?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

The Happy AMA Thread , What do YOU do with them ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 09:55 AM
RCUer75345
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
It also helps that I know the exact language to use (supplied by my SJA) that highlights the DoD prohibition against favoring one PRIVATE group when the same offer is not made to all other PRIVATE groups.
That would make an interesting read. Why don't you post it here?
Old 03-11-2020, 09:55 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mach5nchimchim
See, just because we have a 5 number or lower; and have been AMA members for years, you hold it against us cause of our long standing association with the AMA. Why go to the lengths to point that out? Because we have been paying Muncie for all these years and you can't stand it. I'm proud of my 5 digit number, so are so scared by it you want to demean any AMA member or supporter.
I think I said earlier that there are two in this thread that "speak with one mind." Now we find out these same two people just happen to BOTH be members of the five digit AMA nobility! Let's see. Both their comments become less coherent as they become more emotional. Both seem to be fans of speed racer. Both accounts were initially showing in same location. And now both have five digit AMA nobility numbers.

Oh, and what exactly is supposed to be scary about a five digit number? Does it get you an AMA discount? No. Does it get you reduced fees for entry? No. Does it get you special publications? No. Does it give you extra anything? No. Heck, it doesn't even get you a cup of coffee. That's just how much it matters. As in, it doesn't.

The coincidences are simply amazing.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:11 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

You lost me with all the coincidences.

Are you saying Mach is Speed? If that's what you're saying I can assure you it's not the case.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:22 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Are you saying Mach is Speed? If that's what you're saying I can assure you it's not the case.
Of course he isn't, rather convenient actually.
Old 03-11-2020, 11:03 AM
BarracudaHockey

Not sure where you're going with that?
Old 03-11-2020, 11:31 AM
mach5nchimchim

Yes, please answer the question...
Old 03-11-2020, 11:45 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by mach5nchimchim
Yes, please answer the question...
Same location (exact same) as speedy when account established
Same tendency to become less coherent as the response becomes more emotional
Same bragging about the five digit AMA nobility number

And my recollection that while 'things' can be checked on the RCU side, those are not forensic quality, and thus far from certain.

So, like I said: "Of course he isn't, rather convenient actually."
Old 03-11-2020, 12:09 PM
mach5nchimchim

And my recollection that while 'things' can be checked on the RCU side, those are not forensic quality, and thus far from certain.

You got all the answers don't ya, not just aviation.
Old 03-11-2020, 12:20 PM
BarracudaHockey

I'm going to say this one more time.

That account is not Speed.

You can draw whatever conclusions you like, I can assure you it's not him. I do IT security for a living.

Point of fact, I know exactly who it is and have put in an internal request to ban both his primary account and the 2nd account for violation of the dual account rule and doing it to start trouble.

Old 03-11-2020, 12:29 PM
franklin_m

You can draw whatever conclusions you like, I can assure you it's not him. I do IT security for a living.

Point of fact, I know exactly who it is and have put in an internal request to ban both his primary account and the 2nd account for violation of the dual account rule and doing it to start trouble.
If indeed that's the case, has the holder of the primary account been warned?

Last edited by franklin_m; 03-11-2020 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-11-2020, 01:26 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Thank You Andy , I appreciate your taking action here on this . I originally started this thread with the hope that it could be a friendly place for us AMA members to talk without the pressure of the whole AMA VS FAA thing getting in the way , but I guess since it's the #1 worry on folk's minds, it's what's gonna come out eventually in pretty much all the threads .

And as to the iffy future of the hobby goes , here's proof of ol init4fun being the eternal optimist ;

This spring , I will be introducing the 9 year old Son of a friend of mine to RC flying using one of those "safe" equipped Horizon Hobby Cubs . I have the buddy box set up between a couple of DX-5 TXs and since the kid is said to be "addicted" to video games I'll bet he takes to controlling the plane really quickly . Sure , I know , it'll still be a hobby of controlling things with joysticks , but at least with RC planes he'll be outside in the sunshine doing it !
Old 03-11-2020, 03:34 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

RUH ROH! Somebody is in trouble!

I am sure it will allow for a much more positive forum!

Thank-You!

Regards,

Jeff
Old 03-11-2020, 03:48 PM
RCUer75345
Banned

It ain't me -- not that anyone said it was.

In fact, I've put in a request that my account be closed:
Please close my account

But this place seems a bit like Hotel California: "Check out anytime you like, but you can never leave".

Too much building to get done while I still can...

Old 03-11-2020, 04:54 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by grognard
It ain't me -- not that anyone said it was.

In fact, I've put in a request that my account be closed:
Please close my account

But this place seems a bit like Hotel California: "Check out anytime you like, but you can never leave".

Too much building to get done while I still can...
Grog , I may be wrong , but I don't think RCU closes accounts unless it's because someone is being banned for misbehavior . Remember , RCU is much more than just the AMA subforum , there are plenty of build threads and such , and lots of good useful info and tips to be had in the various other subforums . If you've had enough of the AMA subforum just take a break for a while , I do that every so often , and you may find your membership useful in the future if it doesn't get closed now .
Old 03-11-2020, 05:03 PM
J330
My Feedback: (3)

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Propworn
Guys it doesn't take but a child to figure out your being baited. Any thread or topic that doesn't disparage against the AMA Franklin will first post a benign few lines hoping to get a response. Once he has someone on the hook he quickly moves to taking potshots at the AMA and anyone who objects or defends the AMA. You could start a topic about how you and your group of friends had a great time at such and such AMA event and along would come Franky in an attempt to direct the topic so he could rail against the AMA. He hijacks thread and trolls to promote his personal dislike of the AMA regardless how the topic/thread originated. Then when when he has hooked a few into the back and forth he repeats over and over Everything he has posted in prior threads. Then his minions pile in. Start at his post 19 then follow through he keeps casting about with the odd anti AMA quip by post 33 and beyond the peacock has dropped all pretense and plumage is in full display showing his true colors railing against his old enemy the AMA. LOL its so predictable its actually sad. Right wrong or indifferent I don't see any other organization other than the AMA attempting to speak on modelers behalf.

Guys if you just refuse to take the bait and ignore him and his minions they will wither and go away. I urge you to try it don't respond no mater how irritating they are and watch how fast they go away. That or with luck they will start to feed on each other and that might be worth the price of admission.

Dennis
Funny to see you here. RCCanada is really your proving grounds, why are YOU hare? A child could answer that question. The kettle calling the pot black perhaps is how I see things. Already had to deal with you yesterday in the classifieds and you want to talk about people bating people today? Do you ever contribute to a thread or just go around insulting members on RCU?

Last edited by J330; 03-11-2020 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:05 PM
R_Strowe

Actually the base has its own RC club:

https://fly-rams.com/

Oh, and it seems AMA membership is required as well:

https://fly-rams.com/faq/
DAMMIT! I WANT MY ACCESS TO THIS FIELD! I PAY TAXES! I HAVE A RIGHT! THEY CAN’T SHUT ME DOWN! I’LL SUE!

oh, wait.....

R_Strowe
Old 03-11-2020, 06:12 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Grog , I may be wrong , but I don't think RCU closes accounts unless it's because someone is being banned for misbehavior . Remember , RCU is much more than just the AMA subforum , there are plenty of build threads and such , and lots of good useful info and tips to be had in the various other subforums . If you've had enough of the AMA subforum just take a break for a while , I do that every so often , and you may find your membership useful in the future if it doesn't get closed now .
closing an account costs them advertising money.
ya gotta be really obnoxious and consistently be breaking rules to get an account closed on most any forum.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:22 PM
J330

But he qualifies - and he wants to go, and just about everyone wants to see him go, so I don't understand why his request can't be honored? He said he was done here, and he can't even get that straight ffs.

The old RCU has a "deactivate account" in red. Now it's gone.

So, is this the total number of active members left on RCU?
Old 03-11-2020, 06:51 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by R_Strowe
DAMMIT! I WANT MY ACCESS TO THIS FIELD! I PAY TAXES! I HAVE A RIGHT! THEY CAN’T SHUT ME DOWN! I’LL SUE!

oh, wait.....

R_Strowe
Many things that are not allowed per DoD policy continue until the right people are informed. You seem upset about not being allowed access, should I start shaking that tree?
Old 03-11-2020, 06:51 PM
Propworn

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by J330
Funny to see you here. RCCanada is really your proving grounds, why are YOU hare? A child could answer that question. The kettle calling the pot black perhaps is how I see things. Already had to deal with you yesterday in the classifieds and you want to talk about people bating people today? Do you ever contribute to a thread or just go around insulting members on RCU?
Oh Boo Boo been an active member here longer than you have LOL. Why are you pizzed the newby found your offer not up to par? Dont know or care I just gave my opinion how I determined value for resale. LOL
Old 03-11-2020, 06:53 PM
J330

Not at all, I don't want some junk in a box, thanks. You were the problem and still are, clearly. Go sell your tools or something.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:57 PM
RCUer75345
Banned

Trust me...
No, not even with my lunch money.

You said:

Oh, and FYI, that's not USAF property. It's museum property, which is a separate legal entity.
There is no such thing as "museum property". The museum buildings are property of the Federal Government and are located on a Federal reservation. The exhibits and artifacts within those buildings (loaner items excepted) are also property of the Federal Government.

The Museum is a separate organizational unit, one of many "tenants" on the base, but it is very much a part of the Air Force.

https://www.wpafb.af.mil/Units/index1/

And ultimately you're talking about a de minimis difference in terminology.
No, I'm talking either about a misunderstanding or a willful misrepresentation.

Old 03-11-2020, 07:06 PM
franklin_m

No, not even with my lunch money.

You said:

There is no such thing as "museum property". The museum buildings are property of the Federal Government and are located on a Federal reservation. The exhibits and artifacts within those buildings (loaner items excepted) are also property of the Federal Government.

The Museum is a separate organizational unit, one of many "tenants" on the base, but it is very much a part of the Air Force.
https://www.wpafb.af.mil/Units/index1/

No, I'm talking either about a misunderstanding or a willful misrepresentation.
And yet none of the above really matters, whether it's museum property, USAF property, or federal property.

What does matter is :
How are those AMA membership numbers trending? ...
How are their finances trending? ...
Old 03-11-2020, 07:08 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

or a willful misrepresentation.
Is that like blatant disregard for the law? Or are you now insinuating it's worse?

Astro
Old 03-12-2020, 02:34 AM
Propworn

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by J330
Not at all, I don't want some junk in a box, thanks. You were the problem and still are, clearly. Go sell your tools or something.
LOL then dont buy it and if its over priced his option will be to lower the price till it sells. Sounds to me like someone was trying to convince the newby the stuff he had for sale was of little or no value but would do him a favor n take it off his hands. Hey sometimes it works and sometimes not. LOL

I dispose of estates on a regular basis n run into guys like that all the time. See them comming from miles away. LOL

Last edited by Propworn; 03-12-2020 at 02:39 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.