Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA / MAAC reciprocal agreement ends......

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA / MAAC reciprocal agreement ends......

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 07:42 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog
I have to watch what I say here because…..hate speech nazi’s…..other forums I belong to make it much easier to communicate effectively, because if someone is an idiot, you can call him an idiot, here, not so much because feelings come first.

I never said that YOU said it was a right, I said you inferred that is what those who oppose you were saying. Again with the basic reading and comprehension struggles? I see a commonality between those of you on the wrong side. I have to wonder if lack of comprehension is the real difference for the divide……

Astro
So let me get this straight. After me not saying a SINGLE thing to you for 8 months, your first post in almost 2 years on RCG is to troll me TWICE?
Old 11-18-2021, 08:36 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's probably best that you not post cross-platform.
Old 11-18-2021, 09:46 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

now, that right there, is funny.
Old 11-18-2021, 10:07 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
So let me get this straight. After me not saying a SINGLE thing to you for 8 months, your first post in almost 2 years on RCG is to troll me TWICE?
And that, in a nutshell, is why I have memberships at only two sites. I don't have to worry about what is being said in one being brought to the other since no one on this one participates on the other
Old 11-19-2021, 04:57 AM
speedracerntrixie

It's probably best that you not post cross-platform.
Do you really want me back in here going head to head with you? We both know the only reason why you went over there was to check on my statement that Franklin got booted out again. So instead of being an ethical person after realizing I was right you decided to troll me instead. Speaks volumes on just what type of ethical standards the three of you have. Especially after both you and and Franklin both have accused me twice of having a sock account here. Of course neither one of you are man enough to admit that you were wrong. So after Franklin makes baseless accusations what does he do? He creates a sock account on a forum where he was previously banned ( verified by matching IP address ) and you and Hydro with your broken moral compass think nothing of it. So the three of you have a choice. You can leave me alone on both sites and I will do the same or you can make another smart ***** remark and start the war all over again.
Old 11-19-2021, 05:57 AM
astrohog

Do you really want me back in here going head to head with you? We both know the only reason why you went over there was to check on my statement that Franklin got booted out again. So instead of being an ethical person after realizing I was right you decided to troll me instead. Speaks volumes on just what type of ethical standards the three of you have. Especially after both you and and Franklin both have accused me twice of having a sock account here. Of course neither one of you are man enough to admit that you were wrong. So after Franklin makes baseless accusations what does he do? He creates a sock account on a forum where he was previously banned ( verified by matching IP address ) and you and Hydro with your broken moral compass think nothing of it. So the three of you have a choice. You can leave me alone on both sites and I will do the same or you can make another smart ***** remark and start the war all over again.
"moral compass"? You are in no position to speak or judge. You rejoice in people getting banned from toy airplane forums because they do not bow down and kiss your toes.

"sock puppet"? That is NOT what happened. A sock puppet account is when one member carries multiple accounts at the same time in order to appear to be two people. When someone is banned and opens another account, it is just the same person on another account. I find that much more palatable than trying to silence someone's voice by getting them banned, and certainly doesn't provide any evidence that that person is of lesser moral compass.

"you can leave me alone" LOL . Leave me alone to be a pompous ass on toy airplane forums

"You really want me in here going head to head with you?" Are you going to start threatening me again? LOL you don't stand head to head with anyone in here as the facts simply don't support your rhetoric. Still living in a fantasy land, huh?

"the three of you have a choice" LOL Or, "You will start the war all over again" LOL I don't even know where to go with that one. I'm pretty sure that is against RCU protocol.

Astro
Old 11-19-2021, 06:43 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"moral compass"? You are in no position to speak or judge. You rejoice in people getting banned from toy airplane forums because they do not bow down and kiss your toes.

"sock puppet"? That is NOT what happened. A sock puppet account is when one member carries multiple accounts at the same time in order to appear to be two people. When someone is banned and opens another account, it is just the same person on another account. I find that much more palatable than trying to silence someone's voice by getting them banned, and certainly doesn't provide any evidence that that person is of lesser moral compass.

"you can leave me alone" LOL . Leave me alone to be a pompous ass on toy airplane forums

"You really want me in here going head to head with you?" Are you going to start threatening me again? LOL you don't stand head to head with anyone in here as the facts simply don't support your rhetoric. Still living in a fantasy land, huh?

"the three of you have a choice" LOL Or, "You will start the war all over again" LOL I don't even know where to go with that one. I'm pretty sure that is against RCU protocol.

Astro
Astro beat me to it ... my vote was for smart a***** comments.

Why? To quote the infamous Charlie Harper "It amuses me."
Old 11-19-2021, 07:45 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Wow the limits some of you guys will go just to get a dig in at someone you disagree with. Its like having a couple of kids complaining MOM HES LOOKING?TOUCHING ME. What happened to staying on topic?

Init4fun posted this as the topic how did it dissolve to Nya N
ya Nya?

Init4fun I hope this answers/clears up any questions you had about flying in Canada. MAAC has made a good effort to accommodate our US friends and we welcome each and every one.
Originally Posted by init4fun
Anyone else get the AMA Email about this ? It appears than an AMA membership won't allow you to be flying in Canada anymore, you'll have to have a MAAC membership even as a visiting US flyer, to legally fly in Canada.

Not that I was planing to visit Canada, and even if I were it wouldn't be to go flying model airplanes, but it's still just another sad sign of the times we're living in.

PS, supposedly this is because of the Canadian air transport ministry and not because of any sort of rift between the AMA and MAAC, according to the AMA.......
MAAC has always worked closely with our version of the FAA called Transport Canada.
For the longest time we have had 2 MAAC members on the Transport Canada advisory board to look after the interest of its members.
I think if you take the time to look our drone rules per Transport Canada are even more restrictive than those of the FAA but very similar in many ways.
MAAC waited then applied for a exemption based on our cooperation, long standing safety record and proactive safety updates to our rules.

Here is the signed exemption from Transport Canada Exemption%20-%20Signed.pdf

This is the wording re: foreign pilots wanting to fly in Canada.

Foreign operators

If you are a foreign operator (that is, you are not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a corporation incorporated by or under federal or provincial and you want to fly in Canadian airspace), you must have an approved Special Flight Operations Certificate (SFOC) to fly a drone for any purpose (recreational, work or research).

You must already be allowed to use the drone for the same purpose in your home country. Include your country’s approval or authorization with your application for the SFOC.

As of 5/26/2020 – Please note, Canada is currently not accepting SFOC applications from visitors to Canada looking to fly recreationally. This change does not affect foreigners requesting an SFOC for commercial purposes. This temporary restriction will be re-evaluated in January 2021.

The exemption clearly states it applies to MAAC members in good standing. We are exempt from registering our drones/RPAS our MAAC number suffices. No registered operators permit needed. MAAC members enjoy the same privileges as they had before the new rules. MAAC's work around was to offer memberships to foreign pilots that would allow them to fly under the MAAC umbrella not having to register their drones/RPAS or worry about a SFOC/pilots license through Transport Canada. On top of that they also have 7.5 million first person liability insurance while flying in Canada. This also allows us to fly from non MAAC fields/land providing we have express permission from the land owner and we follow the FAA and MAAC safety rules.

Last edited by Propworn; 11-19-2021 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-19-2021, 08:04 AM
Propworn

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Transport Canada, the Canadian equivalent of the FAA said you have to be a MAAC member to fly in Canada. Therefore they voided the reciprocal agreement, they have short term and full memberships available on both sides depending on how much you cross the border to fly
Small correction if I may you have to be a member of a recognized dues collecting organization to fly with exemptions in Canada. The reasons we have exemptions are our safety guidelines and rules meet or exceed those imposed by Transport Canada.

You can still apply for an SFOA through Transport Canada to fly without belonging to an organization. You might not like the rules or the hoops you have to go through. At this time I don't think they are accepting SFOA requests for recreational flying from foreign pilots.

Last edited by Propworn; 11-19-2021 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-19-2021, 09:39 AM
astrohog

Originally Posted by Propworn

Init4fun posted this as the topic how did it dissolve to Nya Nya Nya?

Ask your buddy, Speedy. He chose to drag his dirty laundry into a completely unrelated thread on a completely different forum.

Astro
Old 11-19-2021, 11:42 AM
Propworn

All speedy said was Frank hasn't posted since being banned from another site and I believe it was a reply to someone else then all three of you jump on him. I posted attempting to clear up any misconception anyone had about the rules and how to get to fly recreationally in Canada. From the three of you I get name calling and snide comments about Canadians in general. My opinion is your gang mentality and willingness to stoop to what ever level to attempt to start an argument or get a reaction is not indicative of the majority of people I have met in my travels in the US thank goodness.

I think its great Frank has 3 good wingman but I think he's setting the bar a bit low.
Old 11-19-2021, 12:13 PM
astrohog

All speedy said was Frank hasn't posted since being banned from another site and I believe it was a reply to someone else then all three of you jump on him. I posted attempting to clear up any misconception anyone had about the rules and how to get to fly recreationally in Canada. From the three of you I get name calling and snide comments about Canadians in general. My opinion is your gang mentality and willingness to stoop to what ever level to attempt to start an argument or get a reaction is not indicative of the majority of people I have met in my travels in the US thank goodness.

I think its great Frank has 3 good wingman but I think he's setting the bar a bit low.
You can say and believe what you want, it simply isn't true.

Astro
Old 11-19-2021, 12:31 PM
franklin_m

From the three of you I get name calling and snide comments about Canadians in general (emphasis added).
Please support this allegation you make about me...
Old 11-19-2021, 01:24 PM
Propworn

Originally Posted by franklin_m
HMMMMM are you now your own wingman???????????
If you bother to check post #10 (mine) I too wondered the relevancy of bringing up your name/asking your opinion in regard to the situation in Canada.
I've always wondered why you let them run interference for you when you are a better wordsmith by far.

Last edited by Propworn; 11-19-2021 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-19-2021, 02:04 PM
franklin_m

From the three of you I get name calling and snide comments about Canadians in general (emphasis added).
HMMMMM are you now your own wingman???????????
If you bother to check post #10 (mine) I too wondered the relevancy of bringing up your name/asking your opinion in regard to the situation in Canada.
I've always wondered why you let them run interference for you when you are a better wordsmith by far.
So who are the three to whom you refer?
Old 11-19-2021, 02:15 PM
ElectriMan

You guys are all pathetic. This thread began as an informational statement. Then Frank was asked to comment because it is in the AMA forum; an area where Mr. Mellott usually has much to say and it degraded swiftly from there.
Old 11-19-2021, 03:25 PM
astrohog

As I said before, he can't, it simply isn't true.

Astro
Old 11-19-2021, 03:29 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Wow the limits some of you guys will go just to get a dig in at someone you disagree with. Its like having a couple of kids complaining MOM HES LOOKING?TOUCHING ME. What happened to staying on topic?

Init4fun posted this as the topic how did it dissolve to Nya N
ya Nya?

Init4fun I hope this answers/clears up any questions you had about flying in Canada. MAAC has made a good effort to accommodate our US friends and we welcome each and every one.

MAAC has always worked closely with our version of the FAA called Transport Canada.
For the longest time we have had 2 MAAC members on the Transport Canada advisory board to look after the interest of its members.
I think if you take the time to look our drone rules per Transport Canada are even more restrictive than those of the FAA but very similar in many ways.
MAAC waited then applied for a exemption based on our cooperation, long standing safety record and proactive safety updates to our rules.

Here is the signed exemption from Transport Canada Attachment 2271099

This is the wording re: foreign pilots wanting to fly in Canada.

Foreign operators

If you are a foreign operator (that is, you are not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a corporation incorporated by or under federal or provincial and you want to fly in Canadian airspace), you must have an approved Special Flight Operations Certificate (SFOC) to fly a drone for any purpose (recreational, work or research).

You must already be allowed to use the drone for the same purpose in your home country. Include your country’s approval or authorization with your application for the SFOC.

As of 5/26/2020 – Please note, Canada is currently not accepting SFOC applications from visitors to Canada looking to fly recreationally. This change does not affect foreigners requesting an SFOC for commercial purposes. This temporary restriction will be re-evaluated in January 2021.

The exemption clearly states it applies to MAAC members in good standing. We are exempt from registering our drones/RPAS our MAAC number suffices. No registered operators permit needed. MAAC members enjoy the same privileges as they had before the new rules. MAAC's work around was to offer memberships to foreign pilots that would allow them to fly under the MAAC umbrella not having to register their drones/RPAS or worry about a SFOC/pilots license through Transport Canada. On top of that they also have 7.5 million first person liability insurance while flying in Canada. This also allows us to fly from non MAAC fields/land providing we have express permission from the land owner and we follow the FAA and MAAC safety rules.

Thank You Dennis, I appreciate you posting this, It will no doubt be helpful to anyone from the US planning a visit to Canada wanting to fly RC aircraft
Old 11-19-2021, 06:08 PM
Propworn

Originally Posted by init4fun
Thank You Dennis, I appreciate you posting this, It will no doubt be helpful to anyone from the US planning a visit to Canada wanting to fly RC aircraft
Nobody wants to loose the ability to enjoy the company of friends who make the trip to fly/compete with each other. If we cannot find a way to accommodate foreign pilots it also may mean the end of international competition. I personally enjoyed being the pilot for the local university at the SAE Aerodesign team. I always took 2 weeks traveling to and from the competition in Florida, Georgia, Texas and California. 9 consecutive years flying at radom clubs on my way there and back what a great time.
Old 11-19-2021, 06:17 PM
speedracerntrixie

Ask your buddy, Speedy. He chose to drag his dirty laundry into a completely unrelated thread on a completely different forum.

Astro

Perhaps if you hadn’t trolled me over at RCG in retaliation for stating that Franklin had been caught with a troll account and banned again.

Which brings up a question. I feel that it is admirable to stick by your man even when he does something stupid, is your infatuation with him on a Charles Manson/Jim Jones level or maybe Rue Paul/Elton John?
Old 11-19-2021, 07:53 PM
astrohog

Look, I've been a member over there far longer than you. Are you saying you have a right to post over there but not me? Arrogant much?

I called you out on your crap over there just like I do here. You are the one that resorts to name-calling and wild fantasies of why I post and accusations of me being a homosexual?

You are pure class!

Astro
Old 11-19-2021, 08:06 PM
speedracerntrixie

You can lie to the forum all you want. Both you and I know why you posted over there. People would be stupid to think that after almost 2 years of you not logging into RCG that of the three posts you made yesterday two of them were to attack me. You can post wherever, whenever you want but be a man and tell the truth about why! If you want to convince anyone you don’t have a man crush on Franklin then maybe you could consider not jumping into the conversation EVERY time somebody puts him on the hot seat.

LOL, You’ve been a member longer then me……well excuse me xx year nobility, allow me to send you a prize. A Torrid gift card OK?

Last edited by speedracerntrixie; 11-19-2021 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-19-2021, 08:45 PM
astrohog

You can lie to the forum all you want. Both you and I know why you posted over there. People would be stupid to think that after almost 2 years of you not logging into RCG that of the three posts you made yesterday two of them were to attack me. You can post wherever, whenever you want but be a man and tell the truth about why! If you want to convince anyone you don’t have a man crush on Franklin then maybe you could consider not jumping into the conversation EVERY time somebody puts him on the hot seat.

LOL, You’ve been a member longer then me……well excuse me xx year nobility, allow me to send you a prize. A Torrid gift card OK?
Who is lying? You should look in the mirror.
You're delusional and should really take care of your anger problem, you trigger way too easily.

Astro
Old 11-20-2021, 01:35 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by FlightLine1
And just where in Canada's Constitution is this characteristic denied the government? Or are you seriously suggesting that the US Constitution also applied to Canada?

I don't know what it is with Americans thinking they can go anywhere in the world and the US Constitution applies. Or that the laws they're use to in the US are the same everywhere else.
Get a clue people!
When you consider that, back in 1984, it was a finable offence to not turn off a car's headlights when stopped at a red stoplight in Pusan South Korea or that, last I knew, one or more ingredients in Visine eye drops were illegal in Japan and possession of which was subject to a jail sentence, I would have to concur that US law doesn't apply anywhere outside of the US except for, maybe, the territories like Samoa and Guam
Old 11-20-2021, 06:16 AM
franklin_m

Which brings up a question. I feel that it is admirable to stick by your man even when he does something stupid, is your infatuation with him on a Charles Manson/Jim Jones level or maybe Rue Paul/Elton John (emphasis added)?
Class act.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.