Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another Example: Lack of Transparency

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another Example: Lack of Transparency

Old 12-12-2021, 03:05 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 141 Likes on 123 Posts

From where I sit, your behavior is no better. Constant amateur personality profiling, making claims you can’t back up etc. Take today for example. I was silent until you felt the need to mention me. Perhaps you should yourself grow up before you start calling others childish.

Take your last sentence for example. I would be willing to venture you are on these forums more hours per week then I. The lack of being able to find anything I post M-F 5:30 am to 5:00 pm pacific time will clearly demonstrate that claim.

Last edited by speedracerntrixie; 12-12-2021 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-12-2021, 03:58 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie View Post
From where I sit, your behavior is no better. Constant amateur personality profiling, making claims you canít back up etc. Take today for example. I was silent until you felt the need to mention me. Perhaps you should yourself grow up before you start calling others childish.

Take your last sentence for example. I would be willing to venture you are on these forums more hours per week then I. The lack of being able to find anything I post M-F 5:30 am to 5:00 pm pacific time will clearly demonstrate that claim.
I mentioned you? LOL REALLY? You stalk and (errently LOL) post pictures of people, and me mentioning you is some kind of sin? You need help.

The amount of time spent here has ZERO to do with what I said. Claiming it does is just another of your tiresome logical fallacies.

Youíll notice the vast majority of my time is spent calling out a couple of membersí nonsense, not beating my chest. It is a tiresome and thankless job, but somebodyís got to do it.

Oh, and I really donít care from which imaginary throne you sit. It is irrelevant.

Astro
Old 12-12-2021, 04:06 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 141 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog View Post
I mentioned you? LOL REALLY? You stalk and (errently LOL) post pictures of people, and me mentioning you is some kind of sin? You need help.

The amount of time spent here has ZERO to do with what I said. Claiming it does is just another of your tiresome logical fallacies.

Youíll notice the vast majority of my time is spent calling out a couple of membersí nonsense, not beating my chest. It is a tiresome and thankless job, but somebodyís got to do it.

Oh, and I really donít care from which imaginary throne you sit. It is irrelevant.

Astro

Wow, just Wow. Not very often Iím at a loss for words. I have just realized I am guilty of arguing with someone who is not well. For that you have my apologies. It will not continue.
Old 12-12-2021, 05:07 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post #101 at 6:05PM, he accuses someone of "amatuer profiling..."
... Constant amateur personality profiling ... (emphasis added)
Just 61 minutes later, post #103 at 7:06PM, he's doing the very same thing he accuses others of doing!
... I have just realized I am guilty of arguing with someone who is not well ... (emphasis added)
Old 12-12-2021, 05:17 PM
astrohog

Hypocrisy at its finest!!

Itís really too bad he canít see the forest for his narrative, these threads would be a lot shorter!

Astro
Old 12-12-2021, 08:26 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 121 Likes on 115 Posts

. I posted a picture thought to be Hydro however that picture was taken off a social media site and was a profile picture so fair game. It turned out not to be him and if you recall (I doubt it, you seem to have memory issues) I did ask the mods to remove the picture.
Did I read my name used in vain? I actually work at not having my picture posted online for the very reason that I have some that I want to know who I am while others I don't.
One example of that was back in 2011. The wife and I had gone to the Madison Regatta in Madison Indiana and, during the last heat, there was a serious accident when the Qatar sponsored boat spun out and was hit by the Oberto/Miss Madison. As the boats were being hooked up to the cranes, another guy started yelling at the boat crews. He expanded it to deriding the drivers involved and not knowing what they were doing and so on, that is until I called him out about it. Come to find out, he and his wife were both members of this forum that I had been butting heads with for several months. When I told him WHO I WAS, he got very quiet and, less than a minute later, almost ran to get away from me. Needless to say, they weren't in the forum for very long after that. She hasn't posted anything since October 22, 2011. He hasn't posted anything since August 17 of the same year. That is why I don't get pictured very often. It keeps me from having to worry about who's going to show up.
Old 12-13-2021, 12:37 AM
R_Strowe

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie View Post
Did I read my name used in vain? I actually work at not having my picture posted online for the very reason that I have some that I want to know who I am while others I don't.
One example of that was back in 2011. The wife and I had gone to the Madison Regatta in Madison Indiana and, during the last heat, there was a serious accident when the Qatar sponsored boat spun out and was hit by the Oberto/Miss Madison. As the boats were being hooked up to the cranes, another guy started yelling at the boat crews. He expanded it to deriding the drivers involved and not knowing what they were doing and so on, that is until I called him out about it. Come to find out, he and his wife were both members of this forum that I had been butting heads with for several months. When I told him WHO I WAS, he got very quiet and, less than a minute later, almost ran to get away from me. Needless to say, they weren't in the forum for very long after that. She hasn't posted anything since October 22, 2011. He hasn't posted anything since August 17 of the same year. That is why I don't get pictured very often. It keeps me from having to worry about who's going to show up.
Iíve worked very hard to keep any images of me off the internet. If they are there then chances are they are unauthorized and I didnít put them there. Until recently I had to be concerned about maintaining a security clearance (and hope to again soon).

Itís also why Iíve pretty much given up posting here or on the other site. Just got tired of the negativity. If some havenít noticed, this hobby isnít out of the woods yet.

R_Strowe
Old 12-13-2021, 03:13 AM
init4fun

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I don't post any pics of me cause I think leaving one's looks up to the imagination of our dear readers is WAY better than hanging it out there for all to see...........

Old 12-13-2021, 12:45 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog View Post
Hypocrisy at its finest!!
.... these threads would be a lot shorter!
Astro
Actually these threads would be a lot more informative if some of you folks could stick to the OP subject and refrain from degenerating into the silly egotistical rants and jabs.

The continious my thing is bigger than your thing has gotten old and as usual destroys positive exchange of information.

Try to stay on topic rather than being a disrupter.

AMA will eventually destroy itself unless the secrecy and financial bleeding is stopped. If it does not the current leadership will throw up their hands, walk away and say the membership didn't support them. Either way we wind up with nothing.
Old 12-13-2021, 12:53 PM
init4fun

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Old 12-13-2021, 02:19 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Dick T. View Post
Actually these threads would be a lot more informative if some of you folks could stick to the OP subject and refrain from degenerating into the silly egotistical rants and jabs.

The continious my thing is bigger than your thing has gotten old and as usual destroys positive exchange of information.

Try to stay on topic rather than being a disrupter.

AMA will eventually destroy itself unless the secrecy and financial bleeding is stopped. If it does not the current leadership will throw up their hands, walk away and say the membership didn't support them. Either way we wind up with nothing.
Maybe you missed it but the full results have been posted, hence no secrecy, and the membership has been on the increase all year....so.....there's that
Old 12-13-2021, 02:49 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 121 Likes on 115 Posts

The full results of the election were posted. As for everything else, that's yet to be seen
Old 12-13-2021, 03:13 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
Maybe you missed it but the full results have been posted, hence no secrecy, and the membership has been on the increase all year....so.....there's that
And the full results were posted only AFTER it was brought to public attention. AMA's original action was to NOT post full results.

As for membership ... it's been up before, only to fall again even further in subsequent years. Two data points does not make a curve.
Old 12-13-2021, 04:31 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts

You asked for information and you got it.

Nothing sinister there, despite what you want everyone to believe.
Old 12-13-2021, 04:42 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
You asked for information and you got it.

Nothing sinister there, despite what you want everyone to believe.
Andy, my point was, and remains:

When confronted with a choice of publishing full information or less than full information, the organization's FIRST inclination was to publish less than complete information.
Old 12-14-2021, 04:53 PM
flyboy2610

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't have a problem posting a picture of myself:

Ain't I cute?
Old 12-14-2021, 06:47 PM
astrohog

Nice portrait, dude! You really know how to rock that beak!

I got no problems with people posting their own pictures, either. It's when someone posts pictures of others (essentially DOXing them) that I take issue and it speaks volumes about the person that would do it.

Astro
Old 12-23-2021, 11:03 PM
thepamster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I can't believe this show is still on. Even on good shows somebody leaves, dies, or goes to jail eventually. But here, nope. It's the same 5 or 6 characters arguing about nothing of any relevance really, for years.
There are often charts and graphs, so there's that.