Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Well spent members' money...

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Well spent members' money...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2023, 07:34 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by aymodeler
I think we have hit a new low with this thread ...

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUL7q8eyig8&ab_channel=LeonardVinci

Stuff goes bump every now and then. It got fixed. Get over it.
Looks like you had RCU admin "repair" your trading history and here you are commenting about matters that pertain to honesty and integrity...?
Old 04-06-2023, 07:42 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(video omitted)

Stuff goes bump every now and then. It got fixed. Get over it.
So much for being "brilliant on the basics" that is core to so many high performing organizations. Such acceptance of failure as we see above is the battle cry of mediocrity.

Old 04-06-2023, 07:45 AM
aymodeler

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by combatpigg
Looks like you had RCU admin "repair" your trading history and here you are commenting about matters that pertain to honesty and integrity...?
Seriously now, what the **** are you talking about?

First off, I never questioned anyone's honesty or integrity, I merely pointed out (in my opinion) how silly this whole thread is.

Second off, I have never asked any admin to ever "repair" anything ... again, what are your talking about?
Old 04-06-2023, 07:50 AM
aymodeler

Originally Posted by franklin_m
So much for being "brilliant on the basics" that is core to so many high performing organizations. Such acceptance of failure as we see above is the battle cry of mediocrity.
🤣🤣🤣 Saving the world, one broken link at a time! 🤣🤣🤣

Old 04-06-2023, 07:54 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

If they chose a hosting company because it's someone's buddy, or if they didn't do their due diligence on reliability, then yes.
Same choice that many Fortune 500 companies use, definitely NOT someone's server rack in their barn in a corn field.
Old 04-06-2023, 07:55 AM
franklin_m

🤣🤣🤣 Saving the world, one broken link at a time! 🤣🤣🤣
With such a sprint to trivialize, it's no wonder we get such mediocre performance out of AMA leadership and staff.

It's not about links, but rather this failure points to wider issues: basis for vendor selection, vendor oversight, Service Level Agreement's AMA negotiated/accepted, accountability, etc.
Old 04-06-2023, 08:00 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Same choice that many Fortune 500 companies use, definitely NOT someone's server rack in their barn in a corn field.
You can say that, but it doesn't make it true. I'd expect you to rush to their defense. Besides, even if this is the one case they went with a better known provider, even national providers have differing levels of service. What did AMA negotiate? Accept?

But I'll spot you that this may be one case where they went with a better known provider. Plenty of other examples from tax filings that show they're heavily supportive of barn businesses as part of the "Taj-Muncie" jobs program.
Old 04-06-2023, 08:03 AM
aymodeler

With such a sprint to trivialize, it's no wonder we get such mediocre performance out of AMA leadership and staff.

It's not about links, but rather this failure points to wider issues: basis for vendor selection, vendor oversight, Service Level Agreement's AMA negotiated/accepted, accountability, etc.
This whole thread is about the "trivial". Any attempt to seek deeper meaning here is beyond the absurd. You know that I agree that AMA leadership is far from perfect, but digging in on something like this is just plain silly and it weakens your arguments. The fact that so many have piled on to both sides of this makes it all that much more absurd.

Like I said, this whole thread is silly and pointless and while I am just as guilty for throwing in my own $0.02, my point was directed at everyone here (I guess that includes me too )!
Old 04-06-2023, 09:57 AM
ElectriMan

This whole thread is about the "trivial". Any attempt to seek deeper meaning here is beyond the absurd. You know that I agree that AMA leadership is far from perfect, but digging in on something like this is just plain silly and it weakens your arguments. The fact that so many have piled on to both sides of this makes it all that much more absurd.

Like I said, this whole thread is silly and pointless and while I am just as guilty for throwing in my own $0.02, my point was directed at everyone here (I guess that includes me too )!
Ditto here.
I don't know why I chose to comment on such a ridiculous argument.
Shame on me.
I guess I am just another victim of a good troll.
Old 04-06-2023, 12:17 PM
R_Strowe

Well, the name of the company is New Target, Inc. With offices in Irvine, CA and Alexandria, VA. Not exactly low tech towns in a midwestern cornfield.

And they seem to be a pretty highly rated company.

Sounds to me like a great, big nothing-burger. Typical of the thread starter.

R_Strowe
Old 04-06-2023, 08:44 PM
combatpigg

Seriously now, what the **** are you talking about?

First off, I never questioned anyone's honesty or integrity, I merely pointed out (in my opinion) how silly this whole thread is.

Second off, I have never asked any admin to ever "repair" anything ... again, what are your talking about?
My mistake.. I had you confused with a different liar.
You're the guy who in January came to Echo's rescue in the "AMA MAR" thread.....after he obviously asked you behind the scenes to help rescue him from the endless string of lies he kept regurgitating. Then right afterwards you both tried to deny that any such arrangement was ever made.....
What makes this too funny is how Echo had accused the guys on the TRUE SIDE of "acting like HS girls" contacting each other behind the scenes when in fact it was you two who were caught doing exactly that......

aymodeler

DefaultSince Echo asked so nicely for my contribution, at this point this is about all that can be said about this thread ...

__________________Last edited by aymodeler; 01-05-2023 at 08:51 AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHO24 View Post
Hey anymodeler, Gomer thinks you and I conspired on the dumpster fire photo.

Aymodeler's reply.....
Nope.

Last edited by combatpigg; 04-06-2023 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-07-2023, 09:35 AM
aymodeler

My mistake.. I had you confused with a different liar.
You're the guy who in January came to Echo's rescue in the "AMA MAR" thread.....after he obviously asked you behind the scenes to help rescue him from the endless string of lies he kept regurgitating. Then right afterwards you both tried to deny that any such arrangement was ever made.....
What makes this too funny is how Echo had accused the guys on the TRUE SIDE of "acting like HS girls" contacting each other behind the scenes when in fact it was you two who were caught doing exactly that......

aymodeler

DefaultSince Echo asked so nicely for my contribution, at this point this is about all that can be said about this thread ...

__________________Last edited by aymodeler; 01-05-2023 at 08:51 AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHO24 View Post
Hey anymodeler, Gomer thinks you and I conspired on the dumpster fire photo.

Aymodeler's reply.....
Nope.
Well who is the one questioning integrity here by calling me a "liar"?

Of course I made the post, but I never had any "behind the scenes" coordination or conversation with echo or anyone else. I simply do not have time for such childish games. You can choose to believe or not, it really doesn't matter to me.
Old 04-07-2023, 12:23 PM
combatpigg

Well who is the one questioning integrity here by calling me a "liar"?

Of course I made the post, but I never had any "behind the scenes" coordination or conversation with echo or anyone else. I simply do not have time for such childish games. You can choose to believe or not, it really doesn't matter to me.
Then explain how Echo was able to ask you to lend him some support...you even admitted that he did ......aymodeler's Avatar

"Echo asked so nicely for my contribution", at this point this is about all that can be said about this thread ...

Last edited by combatpigg; 04-07-2023 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-07-2023, 02:29 PM
aymodeler

Then explain how Echo was able to ask you to lend him some support...you even admitted that he did ......aymodeler's Avatar

"Echo asked so nicely for my contribution", at this point this is about all that can be said about this thread ...
You keep saying that echo and I collaborated behind the scenes. Nothing could be further from the truth. Echo and I had been going at with each other over some other topic and he accused me of being long winded calling my posts "essays", in post #183 of infamous the AMS Mar thread echo said: "Hey anymodeler, see if you can top that with one of your essays." He was goading me, not collaborating with me. My response with the dumpster fire gif and my comment about echo asking for my contribution was intended to be a snarky retort that was simultaneously my comment on how far off the rails the thread was and dig back at echo's accusation that all my posts are "essays".

You seem to want to hang some more significant conspiracy onto this. I have no idea why this is so important to you, but I guess that it is since it seems to have incited you into calling me "liar" on multiple occasions. To be honest, this reply is far more of an explanation than any of this deserves.
Old 04-07-2023, 03:41 PM
combatpigg

You keep saying that echo and I collaborated behind the scenes. Nothing could be further from the truth. Echo and I had been going at with each other over some other topic and he accused me of being long winded calling my posts "essays", in post #183 of infamous the AMS Mar thread echo said: "Hey anymodeler, see if you can top that with one of your essays." He was goading me, not collaborating with me. My response with the dumpster fire gif and my comment about echo asking for my contribution was intended to be a snarky retort that was simultaneously my comment on how far off the rails the thread was and dig back at echo's accusation that all my posts are "essays".

You seem to want to hang some more significant conspiracy onto this. I have no idea why this is so important to you, but I guess that it is since it seems to have incited you into calling me "liar" on multiple occasions. To be honest, this reply is far more of an explanation than any of this deserves.
You fool nobody but yourself...but keep trying.....

"Echo asked so nicely for my contribution"

Last edited by combatpigg; 04-07-2023 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-07-2023, 05:55 PM
aymodeler

You fool nobody but yourself...but keep trying.....
You really do need to get a life ...
Old 04-07-2023, 07:59 PM
combatpigg

You really do need to get a life ...
You hadn't posted anything the entire thread...but just like magic you chimed in to lend your support to that Serial Liar just 5 posts later......
Also..
Since you obviously have such a thrilling life that most of us would find impossible to imagine....what are the chances that someone like you has nothing better to do than lurk this forum..just waiting for your invitation to chime in...?

Last edited by combatpigg; 04-07-2023 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-08-2023, 05:03 AM
aymodeler

You hadn't posted anything the entire thread...but just like magic you chimed in to lend your support to that Serial Liar just 5 posts later......
Yup, that is exactly what I said. I only posted on that dumpster fire thread because echo publicly goaded me on in post 183.

Since you obviously have such a thrilling life that most of us would find impossible to imagine....what are the chances that someone like you has nothing better to do than lurk this forum..just waiting for your invitation to chime in...?
Lets take a look at total post counts (at least as of right now): Yours: 20,388 vs. Mine: 516 Who would you say spends more of their life posting?
Old 04-08-2023, 06:35 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yet 2 days and 7 more posts (almost HALF of the total posts since you posted the above..) and you are still here?

LOL. Carry on........

Astro
Old 04-08-2023, 08:31 AM
combatpigg

Yup, that is exactly what I said. I only posted on that dumpster fire thread because echo publicly goaded me on in post 183.

Lets take a look at total post counts (at least as of right now): Yours: 20,388 vs. Mine: 516 Who would you say spends more of their life posting?
20,000 posts to 500
Obviously...you're much much more of a LURKER and not much of a contributor.

Anymodeler has got this wonderful, fascinating life...yet he lurks through 100 of posts in a thread that he thinks are garbage and jumps right in as soon he sees Echo light up the BAT SIGNAL.
Something doesn't add up.
Maybe your "life" is not quite as wonderful as you make it out to be... you obviously follow along every column inch of these threads that you want the rest of us to believe aren't worth your time.

Last edited by combatpigg; 04-08-2023 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-08-2023, 08:39 AM
aymodeler

Obviously...you're much much more of a LURKER and not much of a contributor.
Or maybe I just have enough impulse control to not bother chiming in when there is nothing more to be said. And while I will defend myself, I see no point in posting for the sole purpose of making a personal attack on someone else. Seriously, what is the point of that?

Guys, this has been fun, but I really do have better things to do.
Old 04-08-2023, 10:50 AM
combatpigg

Or maybe I just have enough impulse control to not bother chiming in when there is nothing more to be said. And while I will defend myself, I see no point in posting for the sole purpose of making a personal attack on someone else. Seriously, what is the point of that?

This reply of your's came in just a few minutes after mine....so evidently YOU HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN LURK THIS FORUM.....LOL
Old 04-08-2023, 12:11 PM
astrohog

Or maybe I just have enough impulse control to not bother chiming in when there is nothing more to be said.

Apparently not....on BOTH accounts.....

Astro
Old 04-08-2023, 03:15 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

I think some guys just need to go flying. That’s what I did today. Had a great time, hung out with some friends and a couple of them knowing that 40 years ago I took my first heli flight with a Schluter Heli Boy gifted one to me. I also flew a new to me Little Toni and my Align 700 Dominator and an electric sailplane. Had a great time and had a max altitude of 399’.

Last edited by speedracerntrixie; 04-08-2023 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-08-2023, 04:47 PM
astrohog

That thing's got telemetry?

Maybe it was your 5-digit trained eye...

Astro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.