Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA's Club Secretary

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA's Club Secretary

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 07:00 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA's Club Secretary

I am interested in understanding how many people have had to deal with the AMA Club Secretary? I have talked to her several times over the past 6 months and she always seem to be in a bad mood. I have talked to two other AMA members, (one from another club) and they have had the same experence. With Don Koranda replacing Joyce Hager maybe the club secretary will get replaced also. She is in a bad mood 100% of the time!
Old 12-02-2004, 10:26 AM
J_R

Default RE: AMA's Club Secretary

Hi Geistware

Having viewed your posts for some period of time, I have to consider you a fairly reasonable individual. I have only had a few contacts with the club secretary. She has always been helpful and efficient. I never found her short.

In one case, a few years ago, our club secretary dropped the ball and did not renew the club charter. When the landlord asked about his insurance certificate, I contacted the club secretary. She explained what needed to be done and the certificate was in the landlord's hands in just a few days. We had created the situation and she was extremely helpful in repairing our foul up.

I have had other contacts with her and always found her helpful.

Could you relate the nature of the issue that has required contacting her repeatedly?
Old 12-02-2004, 12:36 PM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I never had any problems with her or the personell, but had many screw ups with their computer system. I had her clerk go hysterical on the phone because nothing was working, or papers were misplaced, or this that and another. This was right when they moved into the new building. Boy what a great time to move to, right at renewal time. Anyway, we were patient and got our club charter straintened out after 6 months of red tape.

Then it happened all over again the next year.

Then last year, I was calling about why I had not recieved my club's certificates. She told me the computer crashed and lost all our records and they asked me to resubmitt ALL the paperwork and all information on our club for the past three years.

Since half our club quit the AMA due to being fed up with their beuracracy, it was voted not to renew the charter, which for me was a big relief since I'm the guy that has to do the paperwork.

BTW, private land and self insured so don't lecture about how we need the AMA for insurance.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:36 PM
Geistware

Well, I have had two issues.
Our club has gone through a name change.
Second, our President, secretary and treasurer all left the club.
I asked her what had to be done to facilitate these changes on our 2004 charter.
My expectation was the 2005 charter packet.
She told me that the these could not be changed without the minutes from the meeting.
I faxed over the minutes and waited to hear back from her.
SHe never called. After 2 weeks I finally got a hold of her and asked about the fax.
She said she didn't receive it and if she did, she could not do anything unless a club officer listed on her paperwork called. Since I am now treasurer, I asked if I could receive a charter packet for 2005? I was told that only existing contacts will be mailed out packets. Since our ex-officers are not available I asked the wife of the VP to call (She will be our new president). After a lot of talk, she said she would send the info out. My calls were of an inquisitive nature and I tried to follow everything she asked, but each time, she gave the impression that I was interrupting her work. Since it seems that I am the only one who has a problem getting information and cooperation, I will just get someone else to call her to get what we need. With my new roll and the fact that many legal aspects of our club need to be put in order and set right, I need all the help I can get. Others at the AMA have been a big help. If it is just me, then I will adjust the situation to get what our club needs.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:51 PM
J_R

I am not sure this is helpful, but...

Club charter packages are not due 'till the end of March, unlike individual memberships. They are mailed after the first of the year. If they are like other dated forms the AMA uses, they probably don't exist yet. (The reason individual membership cards are not recieved before mid-November each year, regardless of how early the renewal was sent, is that the new cards are not back from the printer's until then.)

The 2004 package is still on the AMA site under the "membership services" tab, available for downloading.

Give Joyce Hager a call. She has a couple of days left as ED and she is always helpful.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:04 AM
Geistware

I am now funneling my requests through another individual.
We have the club name change entered. And all the other stuff (except charter package) completed.
I am going to assume it is me, my tone or my mannerisms is the issue. If it was just one call I would say she was having a bad day, but aver a 3-4 month period, it must be me.

I have read through the 2004 packet and know that the Safety section is changed for 2005, I want to know what else is changed. I want to make sure that I present the proper information to the club members and all involved. A electronic draft would be nice or just some indication verbally what has changed. Any help what so ever would be welcomed.
ORIGINAL: J_R

I am not sure this is helpful, but...

Club charter packages are not due 'till the end of March, unlike individual memberships. They are mailed after the first of the year. If they are like other dated forms the AMA uses, they probably don't exist yet. (The reason individual membership cards are not recieved before mid-November each year, regardless of how early the renewal was sent, is that the new cards are not back from the printer's until then.)

The 2004 package is still on the AMA site under the "membership services" tab, available for downloading.

Give Joyce Hager a call. She has a couple of days left as ED and she is always helpful.