Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Insurance?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 10:50 PM
twistr
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA Insurance?

I recently purchased a 6x12 cargo trailer to store/haul my planes in. When I went to my homeowners insurance agent so I could make sure I had proper coverage, I was told they could not insure the planes while they were in the trailer. If I stored them in my home, they would be covered from theft/fire/natural disaster, but not in the trailer.

Does the AMA have any provisions for this coverage? I'd hate to see my entire investment gone some day when I come home from work. I mean, I do have a hitch lock on it and everything is locked inside the trailer, but we all know that locks just keep honest people honest...
Old 03-13-2005, 12:51 AM
the-plumber

Default RE: AMA Insurance?

Try your auto insurer.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:32 AM
carwood444

Same thing with tools. I pull a trailer as part of my work. Even my insurance for the business does not cover tools without a special rider attached. And then they only cover a very small percentage of the total value. I said the heck with that it was not worth the cost given the coverage.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:47 AM
J_R

Your AMA membership includes minimal theft coverage

Fire, Vandalism, and Theft Coverage (Effective January 1, 2005)
· Provides up to $1,000 for loss of aircraft models and accessories, including RC equipment. All theft
loss claims must be accompanied by a police report. NOTE: Theft has to occur from a locked vehicle
or residential dwelling. There must be physical evidence of violent forcible entry.
· Has a $100.00 deductible.
· Is “excess” to any other applicable coverage, such as homeowner’s.