Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Ama Renewal Fee

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Ama Renewal Fee

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 05:45 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcmiket
It's $75 a year as of last year.

Mike
He might have taken advantage of the promotional offer, or perhaps he got more involved and became a CD, etc.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:03 AM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol. Right! Forgot it went to 75. Shows how much I mind paying it.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:25 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by mike1974
Lol. Right! Forgot it went to 75. Shows how much I mind paying it.
No worries just figured if people looking at this might wonder what the heck.

Mike
Old 09-01-2016, 08:47 AM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

You know, you can please some of the people, some of the time, but you sure can't please all the people all of the time. There are of people out there, you know the type, that feel they are owed a world with a white picket fence around it and they cry, bit#* and moan anytime they pull a little cash from their pockets to spend on things in their opinion are deemed unnecessary. They have no useful solutions of their own, just the will to complain. Personally I think the AMA is and has been a pretty good entity over the years, and the membership fee is and has been minimal for what the AMA really does to promote and keep this hobby alive and well, and it is not stickers and magazines. That said, I have zero patience for cheap humming bird aZZ#$ cry babies types that don't have anything of any real use to say, and only wish to tear down what others have worked hard to build.

Happy Flying,

Bob

Last edited by sensei; 09-01-2016 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:15 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by sensei
You know, you can please some of the people, some of the time, but you sure can't please all the people all of the time. There are of people out there, you know the type, that feel they are owed a world with a white picket fence around it and they cry, bit#* and moan anytime they pull a little cash from their pockets to spend on things in their opinion are deemed unnecessary. They have no useful solutions of their own, just the will to complain. Personally I think the AMA is and has been a pretty good entity over the years, and the membership fee is and has been minimal for what the AMA really does to promote and keep this hobby alive and well, and it is not sticker and magazines. That said, I have zero patience for cheap humming bird aZZ#$ cry babies types that don't have anything of any real use to say, and only wish to tear down what others have worked hard to build.

Happy Flying,

Bob
Well said, I concur. Some sure do have the will, can you imagine complaining about the same thing for 10-12, even 14 years! Talk about wasted effort!
Old 09-01-2016, 09:26 PM
oh44077
My Feedback: (5)

not a complaint, just funny regarding the stickers. had one on my truck and people kept asking me what medical profession I was in. personally I could care less about the stickers.
Old 09-03-2016, 12:48 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

[QUOTE=sensei;12253281]You know, you can please some of the people, some of the time, but you sure can't please all the people all of the time. There are of people out there, you know the type, that feel they are owed a world with a white picket fence around it and they cry, bit#* and moan anytime they pull a little cash from their pockets to spend on things in their opinion are deemed unnecessary. They have no useful solutions of their own, just the will to complain. Personally I think the AMA is and has been a pretty good entity over the years, and the membership fee is and has been minimal for what the AMA really does to promote and keep this hobby alive and well, and it is not stickers and magazines. That said, I have zero patience for cheap humming bird aZZ#$ cry babies types that don't have anything of any real use to say, and only wish to tear down what others have worked hard to build.

Happy Flying,

Bob[/QUOT

And then we have the people that whine about the whiners! GO AMA THREAD!
Old 09-03-2016, 01:18 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by oh44077
not a complaint, just funny regarding the stickers. had one on my truck and people kept asking me what medical profession I was in. personally I could care less about the stickers.
I don't put stickers on my vehicles but I didn't want to just throw them out either . So I started a collection of them on my TX case
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AMA stickers.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	550.7 KB
ID:	2179420  
Old 09-03-2016, 03:48 PM
flyinwalenda

A proud sticker carrying member ! Stickers and an outdated magazine................it just doesn't get any better than this !
Old 09-03-2016, 04:22 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
A proud sticker carrying member ! Stickers and an outdated magazine................it just doesn't get any better than this !
Sure it does, adorned shirts and lapel pins! Well, the pins only go to club officers..so.....
Old 09-03-2016, 04:45 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

To me , and I'm not joking here , I really have no problem with what I get for my $75 . Some may not like the magazine and I have seen posts where it was discussed that maybe the magazine isn't as profitable as it could or should be , and maybe it isn't , but as I've said in earlier posts for me it makes for good reading when stuck somewhere boring (like the Dr's office) and then I just leave it there for others to read when my appointment is over . Yes , I'll come right out and say it , I do most value the insurance , but I also place a great deal of importance on the fact that we have a nationwide organization to represent us . I just figure it gives the hobby a bit more , stature ? hobbycred ? presence ? not quite sure the exact word I'm looking for but you get the idea , legitimacy maybe ? , that we have enough participants to support the existence of a nationwide organization . I'd be even happier to see the hobby be able to support two or even more such organizations cause that would mean there were even more folks participating , the whole strength in numbers thing . One thing's for sure , I do feel I get more for my $75 AMA dollars than I get spending $75 bucks in a grocery store lately , the price of Beef especially is nutz lately !
Old 09-04-2016, 03:45 AM
flyinwalenda

Originally Posted by porcia83
Sure it does, adorned shirts and lapel pins! Well, the pins only go to club officers..so.....
Yeah, forgot about my club officer pins/patch. They sit right next to my secret decoder ring............wherever that is!
Old 09-04-2016, 03:51 AM
rcmiket

Yeah, forgot about my club officer pins/patch. They sit right next to my secret decoder ring............wherever that is!
You got a decoder ring? I'd have preferred that over the pin. None of us could figure out just what the pin was supposed to represent.
Mike
Old 09-04-2016, 04:16 AM
flyinwalenda

It never worked right ! Maybe I got one for the mid-west and not the northeast.
Old 09-04-2016, 04:19 AM
rcmiket

Or it's a secondary ring only works after the primary is used.

Mike
Old 09-04-2016, 05:14 PM
porcia83
Banned

I do hear the northeast pins are the best, so you should ask for a refund if you got stuck with the mid-west one, you deserve better. Directions for the pins and the decoder rings are normally placed in the MA magazine, err I mean bird cage lining drone ad touting "rag". Often times they are buried in the EC meeting notes, right in between the Best Buy program results, as well as yellow sticky note pad and BIC pen purchase budget discussions. Fascinating stuff!
Old 09-04-2016, 05:15 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by rcmiket
You got a decoder ring? I'd have preferred that over the pin. None of us could figure out just what the pin was supposed to represent.
Mike
Ya...whole pin thing with the words CLUB OFFICER sent to CLUB OFFICERS was completely baffling.