Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Red headed step children fly models

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Red headed step children fly models

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 11:10 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Red headed step children fly models

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

Do you think that really maters to those dedicated to picking the pepper out of the Fly S**t. [sm=cry_smile.gif]

Fly S**t. is a terrible thing to call the AMA[X(]
Old 11-04-2006, 12:14 AM
KidEpoxy

does anyone have some actual text from the insurance that declares Aviation Modeling Activity insurance rather than the open and explicitly car/boat/rocket inclusive web site insurance hype?

As STL would say, it is in print on the web page.... all them model types
Old 11-06-2006, 09:47 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I raced Nitro Boats and also am involved in sport rocketry. Both are said to be covered within the scope of the AMA, however, to be involved with boat or rocket events and clubs, I needed to belong to APBA and NAR, both had their own membership criteria, safety policies, payments, and insurance coverage and would not accept AMA.

AMA understands that those who are serious about cars, boats, or rockets will already be members of the associations that cater specially to those functions and this may be why AMA doesn't press the issue.

Scott
Old 11-08-2006, 12:29 PM
vtl1180ny

You all complain about the AMA should really take a look at ROAR.... I do race model cars and ROAR is a complete disaster.... Thankfully my track is run by my LHS and does not require ROAR membership because I refuse to join that organization....

The only thing ROAR is capable of is keeping technology off the race track.... We're running motors designed in the 1800's and they are seriously fighting brushless and LiPo...

Matter of fact the EFRA (Europe) just dropped 10th scale on road to 5 cells and we believe ROAR will follow. Most of us believe that it's to stop LiPo's and similar technology.... Matching Sub C cells is very big business in the RC car world as is companies tuning antiquated brushed motors....
Old 11-10-2006, 01:21 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: vtl1180ny

The only thing ROAR is capable of is keeping technology off the race track.... We're running motors designed in the 1800's and they are seriously fighting brushless and LiPo...

I guess we are lucky. Lithium technology was in the model aviation world before the elephant could do anything about it. He swatted at it with his tail but to no avail it was too late by then. I hope spread spectrum gets through as well but heads are up and controls are likely.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:12 AM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

A frind of mine actually has ared headed step child, I'll leave it to you imagine whether the kid is ugly or not. One day my friend is out at the local field, and a good friend TEASINGLY says to him "Hey, wheres the ugly red headed step child?" My buddy frowning says to the guy "He didn't come out today, but this is his grandfather" ........ouch!
Old 11-11-2006, 10:24 AM
KidEpoxy

um, so did anyone ever get some text clarifying the Car,Boat,Rocket insurance claim on the ama webbie?

I saw a bunch of folks post that it is a aeronautics club,
but they havent put any actual text/links up re the car/boat/rocket insurance