Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

August MA

Old 08-15-2008, 08:24 PM
propbuster
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: August MA

This is just too funny! Here was a thread about how MA has gotten better, that has turned into another pissing match on this forum!
Old 08-15-2008, 08:37 PM
abel_pranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Robotech

Thanks but no thanks for your off topic advice and off topic reply. I believe it ( the posting ) went off course here:
Excuse me, I must have been wrong. You may resume your chest beating. I'll await my 40 lashes from RCKen for suggesting postings to the forum should be on topic; but then after all, your thread, your topic. Sorry, your agenda wasn't immediately clear to me. Now it is.

Abel

Old 08-15-2008, 09:18 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

No 40 lashes this time guys.

Let's just try to get back on topic please!!!

Ken
Old 08-15-2008, 11:46 PM
The Toolman

I'd throw my .02 worth in, but it looks like everybody else has threw a Dollar in already. So I think I'll just pass on this one.

Ron
Old 08-16-2008, 07:49 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

First, I have not insulted the PPP's. I have tried to defend their rights (or the lack thereof). As to me not saying the same thing to someone's face, then you don't know me very well. Just because I don't fly Park flyers, does not make me a target for you, or anyone else. And as to my voting for incumbents, you take a lot for granted.

Bill, AMA 4720
Defend their rights? Bill you might want to sift through your posts, you've never said a single word to support the program, so don't try to play devil's advocate. There is a reason the PPP's can't vote, it's not to strip their rights, PPP's have rights, insurance and a magazine at half the price you pay. The reason they can't vote is to influence them to upgrade ... period. Will the PPP's be on the top of the AMA's hit list forever? Who knows, I'll guess we'll whine and moan when that day comes, but for now they are getting more rights and support than you, so deal with it. Nobody is complaining about it but you and that other guy.

I really like the quality of the paper of the magazine. It would be nice if they made the whole magazine 200 lb stock, that would be really nice.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Robotech

ORIGINAL: abel_pranger

Excuse me, I must have been wrong. You may resume your chest beating. I'll await my 40 lashes from RCKen for suggesting postings to the forum should be on topic; but then after all, your thread, your topic. Sorry, your agenda wasn't immediately clear to me. Now it is.

Abel
Your original point was recognized though when somebody takes a tread off course in the form of a mis-statement or untruth I have a hard time letting it go unchallenged. By letting it stand it can appear that the offending post is acceptable or valid and there goes the thread off course but usually only for a bit until it self corrects or RCKen wields his sword.

I have no agenda. I am really not intelligent enough to have an agenda. Seriously. You should know that by now.

I will go on record as agreeing with Hoss concerning the percieved error by the AMA TD in this months issue. I will also say that in three pages that particular column and the displeasure of the turbine crowd over MA's use of a non-waiver holder as an author are the only perceived flaws. That must mean that the overall perception of August's MA is that it is very good. Even those who regularly bash it and even those who chose to give up their voting rights to avoid it have read it and have had little if anything bad to say about it. Some evidently even pulled their copies out of the trash bin.

I think that's great.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:29 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

On topic but, alas, wrong never the less. I for the life of me cannot remember anyone saying MA, or the AMA for that matter, couldn't be improved. Some may confuse wild, unrealistic, demeaning and destructive comments as a method of improvement but no one has said it couldn't be improved. Maybe some could save their self congratulations for another time.

Robo,
Show me one single topic or thread where change to the AMA is suggested [by alledged "AMA-bashers"] and not met with the usual response of "AMA BASHER".
If you are able to find one post or thread that doesn't have this outcome, then find 9 more and your quote here will have some credibility and won't look so much like BS.
There have been thousands of posts made over the years here, so your job to back up your quote should be a walk in the park [if you're right].
Happy Hunting.

.........the clock keeps ticking as Robos' press secretary and staff feverishly pour through the AMA forum archives looking for 1 single post where change to the AMA or MA is suggested and not met with a chorus of boos and ridicule from the "love it or leave it" crowd.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Robotech

On topic but, alas, wrong never the less. I for the life of me cannot remember anyone saying MA, or the AMA for that matter, couldn't be improved. Some may confuse wild, unrealistic, demeaning and destructive comments as a method of improvement but no one has said it couldn't be improved. Maybe some could save their self congratulations for another time.

Robo,
Show me one single topic or thread where change to the AMA is suggested [by alledged "AMA-bashers"] and not met with the usual response of "AMA BASHER".
If you are able to find one post or thread that doesn't have this outcome, then find 9 more and your quote here will have some credibility and won't look so much like BS.
There have been thousands of posts made over the years here, so your job to back up your quote should be a walk in the park [if you're right].
Happy Hunting.
.........the clock keeps ticking as Robos' press secretary and staff feverishly pour through the AMA forum archives looking for 1 single post where change to the AMA or MA is suggested and not met with a chorus of boos and ridicule from the "love it or leave it" crowd.
By letting it stand it can appear that the offending post is acceptable or valid and there goes the thread off course but usually only for a bit until it self corrects or RCKen wields his sword.
Case in point but here I go again.

I tell you what Mr. CombatPigg you find an instance where "one single topic or thread where change to the AMA is suggested [by alledged "AMA-bashers"]" is not intitiated by demeaning, negative, ridiculing, and sometimes bizzarr comments that are passed off as suggestions. I have no desire to appease your curiosity nor do I feel the need to prove my credibility to you or anyone else. Juat when I think I'm out they drag me back in. uggggg.

Have at the whole page RCKen.

Old 08-16-2008, 04:17 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok guys. I tried keeping it at a friendly warning hoping that you all would bring the thread back on track, but several it seems that isn't working here. I think that this subject has pretty much played out as several now just want to argue for the sake of arguing. I'm closing this thread down.

Thread locked.

Ken