Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

What Does An EVP Do Exactly (#2)

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

What Does An EVP Do Exactly (#2)

Old 09-04-2008, 11:46 PM
The Toolman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Does An EVP Do Exactly (#2)

Well looky there, another Ron B.
Not to far away from my son Ron B.

Ron B.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:37 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

BFD? BFD!

How about MAMOOAMH? WGAS? IDGAF? MAFCOOI?

Looks like a typical case of someone lugging around "baggage" and looking for any excuse to unload.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:12 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: Bob Mitchell

ORIGINAL: Bob Mitchell
Done. I'll post whatever reply I get.
I've gotten two emails from President Mathewson this afternoon. The first with the informtion I'm posting below and a comment that it should be on the AMA website before the close of business today.

The second confriming that the information had been posted. Nice

• Voluntary position with AMA budget for travel and business expenses.
• Elected by mail ballot of Leader and Open members to a three-year term.
• Reports directly to and receives direction from the AMA President and Executive Council.

Summary:
• Primary responsibilities include working closely with the President, Executive Council and Executive Director to support the mission and vision of the AMA.
• Shall assume the duties of the AMA President upon the death, incapacity, inactivity, resignation, impeachment or removal of the AMA President.
• May assume some of the ceremonial duties of the AMA President, such as attending functions and events when the President is unable to attend.

Responsibility:
• Responsible for working with the President, Executive Council and the Executive Director to identify strategic issues and goals; and develop plans and methods to achieve goals and objectives.
• Assist in coordinating programs, events, projects and activities to ensure timely, proper, and efficient completion.
• Monitor and evaluate programs and advise when it is necessary to deviate and update programs and plans to reflect a new direction.

Essential Functions:
• Attend and participate in Executive Council meetings.
• Conduct Executive Council meetings in the President’s absence.
• Develop productive relationships with AMA staff and department heads.
• Develop positive relationships with external organizations that impact on the AMA.
• Work toward providing additional value, services, and satisfaction for AMA members and clubs.
• Serve on or chair any AMA committees as assigned.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the President or Executive Council.

Credentials and Experience:
As per ARTICLE IX “Nominations and Elections” Sections 1-6:
• To be eligible to discharge the duties of AMA Executive Vice President, the nominee must be a Leader Member of the AMA, and must previously have served as a member of the Executive Council or as Associate Vice President or as a Contest Board member for at least one year.

Interesting, but not only do we have Hoss calling the role of EVP a "lackey", he's now using "seat warmer" after he knew the full description has been posted in public.

For all those who are taking the time to vote, make sure you vote for the person who knows what he has coming to them. Obviously the EVP is MUCH more than Hoss' description.

Take heed ...
Old 10-08-2008, 07:32 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bob Mitchell <<snip>>
I know this is a sore point for you and some others, but I'd really rather not have this thread deteriorate as the other one did.

Thanks,
So.... how's that working out?

Best wishes,
Dave Olson
Old 10-08-2008, 09:41 AM
KidEpoxy

[8D] Good one, Dave

So boil down the job description we got from DM,
and we are left with a multitude of fluff text saying the same tasks:
[ul][*]EVP is part of the EC[*]EVP "receives direction from", "work closely with", and even later "assists" the EC & Pres[*]EVP is the spare president[*]Come up with plans, and fix broken plans[*]Genericly be beneficial superduper swell guy [/ul]

Here is a quick breakdown of the bits DM gave us:

Elected Member of the EC
- An AMA Executive Officer ranking immediately below the President and a voting member of the Executive Council.
- Voluntary position with AMA budget for travel and business expenses.
- Elected by mail ballot of Leader and Open members to a three-year term.
- Attend and participate in Executive Council meetings.
- Serve on or chair any AMA committees as assigned.

Works for/with EC & Pres
- Reports directly to and receives direction from the AMA President and Executive Council
- Responsible for working with the President, Executive Council and the Executive Director to identify strategic issues and goals; and develop plans and methods to achieve goals and objectives.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the President or Executive Council.

Spare President
- Shall assume the duties of the AMA President upon the death, incapacity, inactivity, resignation, impeachment or removal of the AMA President.
- May assume some of the ceremonial duties of the AMA President, such as attending functions and events when the President is unable to attend.
- Conduct Executive Council meetings in the President’s absence.

Actually has job duties
- Assist in coordinating programs, events, projects and activities to ensure timely, proper, and efficient completion.
- Monitor and evaluate programs and advise when it is necessary to deviate and update programs and plans to reflect a new direction.

Genericly be beneficial
- Develop productive relationships with AMA staff and department heads.
- Develop positive relationships with external organizations that impact on the AMA.
- Work toward providing additional value, services, and satisfaction for AMA members and clubs.

I really like the way they defined the external relationships need to be positive,
but left internal relationships needing to only be Productive.
I guess they dont mind the Patton/Hoss style, and recognize that you can get high productivity and efficiency even without hugs & flowers or Smile&Nod-ing

Perhaps if we had more of that "Monitor and evaluate programs and advise when it is necessary to deviate and update programs and plans to reflect a new direction." MA would only be $.5mil or $.7mil in the red... you know, advise a new direction other than Deeper Into Red Ink wide open throttle

<edit + >
I may have spoken too soon. I will look up the job description of EC & DVPs to see if the actual EVP duties are just more of being on the EC... such as the Relationship stuff and the develope & monitor activities stuff