Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Is it me?

Old 12-25-2009, 07:58 PM
bradpaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is it me?

Wow....a big tizzy over LCS's AMA name............ what was it anyway? I heard he paid for the name CREAMPUFF
Old 12-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What you have heard is simply hearsay. Do you enjoy this form of old wives' back fence gossip?
Old 12-25-2009, 10:14 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

Wow....a big tizzy over LCS's AMA name............ what was it anyway? I heard he paid for the name CREAMPUFF
Yea, go ahead and pretend you don't know...Go ahead and ridicule me and annoy me here all you want... I appreciate it…thanks so much…Merry Christmas to you too.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:20 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Ok guys, let's drop it. This is getting way off topic and isn't accomplishing anything with this current line of discussion.

Thanks

Ken
Old 12-26-2009, 01:33 AM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

.how it is he knows my status and number is very disconcerting...
If you know someone's last name and AMA number you can check their current status here:

http://www.modelaircraft.org/MembershipQuery.aspx

It returns their name and when their membership expires
I am not sure about the lag time now from renewal to updated status but IRC it was sometimes as long as a few weeks before current status is availible through that link. Either way, my AMA number is my AMA number...I paid extra for it... and Red S. has zero need to verify it and certainly has Zero right to display it at his whim...
I don't disagree with you. You asked how he could know if you had renewed and I simply answered how that is possible. He clearly knows your name and AMA number and that is how he was able to determine your status..

BTW - when I renewed this year the database was updated within a week or so. Well before I received my actual card in the mail.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:48 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

.how it is he knows my status and number is very disconcerting...
If you know someone's last name and AMA number you can check their current status here:

http://www.modelaircraft.org/MembershipQuery.aspx

It returns their name and when their membership expires
I am not sure about the lag time now from renewal to updated status but IRC it was sometimes as long as a few weeks before current status is availible through that link. Either way, my AMA number is my AMA number...I paid extra for it... and Red S. has zero need to verify it and certainly has Zero right to display it at his whim...
I don't disagree with you. You asked how he could know if you had renewed and I simply answered how that is possible. He clearly knows your name and AMA number and that is how he was able to determine your status..

BTW - when I renewed this year the database was updated within a week or so. Well before I received my actual card in the mail.
Right...so you explained some possibility but still, my points are; (a) How (key word) did he get my number???... And (b) why does he think he should check my status...does he check everyone else's???
Old 12-26-2009, 11:00 AM
KidEpoxy

ooooh
I wanna play too-

How did he get MY ama number and MA mailing zipcode (not 'san antonio' as listed here) ?
Old 12-26-2009, 11:11 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Ok guys, I asked that this discussion be dropped. This is not the time nor the place for a discussion such as this. This is way off topic for the thread. I have asked that this line of discussion be dropped. I'm closed this thread down.

Ken