Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Up to old tricks

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Up to old tricks

Old 01-13-2010, 05:00 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Up to old tricks

Guess who is up to his old tricks of quoting a post from here on RCU directly to another website? I have made a formal complaint to the Moderators on the AMA Forum about this. Let's see if he is really the fair haired child over there, or if they slap his hand too.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 01-13-2010, 08:47 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Up to old tricks

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Guess who is up to his old tricks of quoting a post from here on RCU directly to another website? I have made a formal complaint to the Moderators on the AMA Forum about this. Let's see if he is really the fair haired child over there, or if they slap his hand too.

Bill, AMA 4720
I don't see such a post over there. Maybe they did delete it. I do see where you quoted a post of his but cannot find the original. If we are to go by your quote of his post he did not quote anything over here but didpost a link to the "Why the AMAis not growing" thread.

Is that the post you are referencing?
Old 01-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Stickbuilder

Dave Matthewson deleted his original post this morning.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 01-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bill, AMA 4720
Yeah, but Stick, you caught him with a quote. Good going.

There he was bringing stink into a thread where they were all patting each other's back and commenting on how nice they all are, while Ol' bright star was trying to get some stink going. Funny! Funny!
Old 01-13-2010, 11:01 AM
skipperwayne

Good job Stick. Complain about a post, get it removed, but before it's removed you quote it. So what good did it do to complain?

And that's ok Hoss, you good ole boys can pat yourselves on the back in this forum.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:03 AM
The Toolman

Heres one for the people over there......

EDITI know Ken will delete this, but I just hadta get it in for a little while
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78186.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1355312  
Old 01-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Stickbuilder

ORIGINAL: skipperwayne

Good job Stick. Complain about a post, get it removed, but before it's removed you quote it. So what good did it do to complain?

And that's ok Hoss, you good ole boys can pat yourselves on the back in this forum.
You would have needed to be in on what is going on for the past several years. It just doesn't have as much meaning if you came late to the party. Sorry bout that.

Mine was deleted at the request of DM. You could ask him for the content of the post/s.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 01-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: skipperwayne

That was and is Red's big trick. If he has a problem with same treatment, so much for that!

I personally think it was a good turn-around. If you don't like it, well so much for that.! [sm=49_49.gif]
Old 01-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Erich_F

I'm sorry....are we in high school again?
Old 01-13-2010, 08:08 PM
The Toolman

ORIGINAL: Erich_F

I'm sorry....are we in high school again?

Yep, we're stayin' young..........
Old 01-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Erich_F

then why does reading this make me grow gray hairs?

Young at heart keeps the mind sharp, I suppose...
Old 01-13-2010, 08:23 PM
The Toolman

ORIGINAL: Erich_F

then why does reading this make me grow gray hairs?

Young at heart keeps the mind sharp, I suppose...

Cause we worry about getting older while we are trying to stay young an keep up with the young uns......gray hair city....
Old 01-14-2010, 08:28 AM
K-Bob

Bill, AMA 4720

Bill, AMA 4720
It's hard to tell but I can't find where you have aknowledged that the AMA forum moderation is fair and balanced as evidenced in the action taken. Your OP is almost a challenge.

All I can find is a couple of folks that chide the AMA forum for being positive and helpful. That and an obsession with RS's activities on other forums.

You guys need to start a new thead about how the AMA chartered clubs suck or how bad MA is.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Stickbuilder

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

Bill, AMA 4720

Bill, AMA 4720
It's hard to tell but I can't find where you have aknowledged that the AMA forum moderation is fair and balanced as evidenced in the action taken. Your OP is almost a challenge.

All I can find is a couple of folks that chide the AMA forum for being positive and helpful. That and an obsession with RS's activities on other forums.

You guys need to start a new thead about how the AMA chartered clubs suck or how bad MA is. [img][/img]

Bob (with the silent K)

I did not address the moderation of the site at all. As to it being fair and balanced, I'll still reserve the right to call that one as I see it. The post in question was not moderated at all, until I called it out. Then it was somewhat over moderated. There appear to be battle lines drawn within the group that routinely posts there as well as in other Forums. Just human nature I suppose.

As the the activities of the person in question, you would have had to have been along for the ride all along. There are numerous posts by and concerning him that no longer exist, due to the moderation.

The AMA forum on their site can be and hopefully will be helpful as well as being positive. I just hope that it does not evolve into a protection society for a few members whom have worn their welcome out elsewhere.

Have a Nice Day (if you can find one)

Bill, AMA 4720
TUFF Member
Old 01-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Archie League

Bill, AMA 4720

Why is this a bad thing to do ?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:32 AM
mmn
My Feedback: (4)

Doesn't seem like a bad thing if you reference the thread in this forum and don't claim it as your own, unless it is of course. That way, peeps can come here and look at and participate in the original discussion if they want.

Regards
Michael
Old 01-14-2010, 11:14 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

You guys need to start a new thead about how the AMA chartered clubs suck or how bad MA is. [img][/img]

Maybe, but I'd like to read the old threads first. I guess I have must have overlooked them somehow. Could you possibly give us a link to them?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:26 AM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: Archie League

Why is this a bad thing to do ?
Wish I knew what/who’s post was copied to the other site...I could probably point out a few good reasons but without knowing exactly what and how, I would say it is just bad form...and believe me, you will surely be told that even if you had obviously done the very same thing just to prove the point...you might ask, how it is I know...BTDT
Old 01-14-2010, 03:58 PM
KenP

Why is this even an issue for discussion, who cares?
Old 01-14-2010, 04:33 PM
K-Bob

@SB:I don't think anyone over there is favored or protected. The volunteer moderator and DM have been even handed so far as I can tell. I also hope it stays that way. I still don't see the reason for not allowing links to threads on other sites. It is public information after all. In one case though a very popular poster over here actually posted text from a PM that was sent here over there. I can understand why that would be verbotten.

@LCS: That's what Imean. Instead of all the sideways moves and off topic threads, let's just have one or two labeled and titled properly. They can go on for 500+ pages and give those who want it or need it a place to vent. Add to those, threads on OFs and PPP and by golly you got yourself a heap of vitrol. As it is you can almost literally close your eyes and click on a thread and you will find some kind of negative reference to either clubs or MA. Try it.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Stickbuilder

The original post in question was one of mine from the Why the AMA thread is not growing taken without permission from this site. These posts are somewhat protected, and once posted here are the property of RC Universe. The person who made the post over there has been told repeatedly not to do this.

Dave Matthewson agreed with the premise that this should not be done, and deleted the original post. He contacted me and asked if I would delete mine as well.

Another pot stirring member made an attempt to cover for the person who did this originally, and his post was subsequently deleted as well.

I think that the AMA is serious about having a fair forum, and moderating with an even hand. Only time will tell.

Bill, AMA 4720
TUFF Member
Old 01-15-2010, 08:53 AM
K-Bob

The original post in question was one of mine from the Why the AMA thread is not growing taken without permission from this site. These posts are somewhat protected, and once posted here are the property of RC Universe. The person who made the post over there has been told repeatedly not to do this.

Dave Matthewson agreed with the premise that this should not be done, and deleted the original post. He contacted me and asked if I would delete mine as well.

Another pot stirring member made an attempt to cover for the person who did this originally, and his post was subsequently deleted as well.

I think that the AMA is serious about having a fair forum, and moderating with an even hand. Only time will tell.

Bill, AMA 4720
TUFF Member
I agree with your assessment, however, just to clear things up .....................

Did the original offending post contain a copy and paste of your post or was it a link to your post?In your subsequent reply and quote it appeared to be a link to the original. No doubt a copy and paste should be a no-no but a link is usually accepable and quite common on this and many other boards.

In any case it's the AMA's perogative to moderate the forum as they see fit. As long as rules are applied fairly and equally I have no problem with them.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:40 AM
littlecrankshaf

@LCS: That's what I mean. Instead of all the sideways moves and off topic threads, let's just have one or two labeled and titled properly. They can go on for 500+ pages and give those who want it or need it a place to vent.
Interesting insight... Just have two threads; A Pro only AMA thread and A Con only AMA thread...not really threads for discussion but essentially statements and backslapping. Hmmm...a new website concept... instead of discussion forums it would just be a statements only type format forum...no exchange of ideas...no discussion...no reply buttons...no quote buttons... only independent statements... pro if a pro thread and con if a con thread. Nice and neat...

Only one problem I see. How to insure the statements given are true an accurate if no one can openly challenge them on a one on one basis...but maybe that doesn't matter...something to think about.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:51 AM
KidEpoxy

Fair and equal moderation at the AMA's board?

Lets evaluate an act of moderation from there:
(as to not be accused of just yanking a soundbite,
the entire moderators post is quoted from AMA's forum)

OF course, your "n" here is very small (48) and therefore any analysis of the results is statistically invalid as it is NOT a random sampling.

KE, please cease the recreational arguing or I'll be forced to delete your posts as they contribute nothing to the discussion.

Peter+
here we have an example of the moderator in just one single post
both disputing a previous comment I made, in true Receational Arguement form (erroneous counterpoint),
and in the very same post directing me NOT to post any more on the subject.

He can take a erroneous potshot at my comments (no, I am not going to get into his error details here),
but it appears his 'contribute nothing' recreational arguments are protected by ... well, him being moderator.

Fair and Equal?
Sure, its just that some are more equal than others.

We discuss AMA here at RCU,
and have been quoting and citing what the AMA says and does for years.
If the previous posters in this thread are discussing actions by ama
( of ama's appointed moderators on AMAs board)
seems that is as valid a RCU AMA forum topic as AMAs actions or appointees on the contest board or tech director or any other AMA activity or ama published (including web) text, that we have quoted or cited in the past
Old 01-15-2010, 11:01 AM
K-Bob

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

@LCS: That's what Imean. Instead of all the sideways moves and off topic threads, let's just have one or two labeled and titled properly. They can go on for 500+ pages and give those who want it or need it a place to vent.
Interesting insight... Just have two threads; A Pro only AMA thread and A Con only AMA thread...not really threads for discussion but essentially statements and backslapping. Hmmm...a new website concept... instead of discussion forums it would just be a statements only type format forum...no exchange of ideas...no discussion...no reply buttons...no quote buttons... only independent statements... pro if a pro thread and con if a con thread. Nice and neat...

Only one problem I see. How to insure the statements given are true an accurate if no one can openly challenge them on a one on one basis...but maybe that doesn't matter...something to think about.
@LCS:No, no, no. Not a pro thread and an anti-thread. Just anti-threads on each of the four listed topics (like George Carlins seven deadly words). Then if anyone wants to defend the AMA they can throw themselves into the lions den if they so choose.

@KE: I saw that one and have to agree. Peter+ is new at the moderator gig so maybe give him time to learn. DId you make a post or send him a PM about it?He seems like a fair and intelligent bloke.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.