Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA District X Special Election

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA District X Special Election

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 02:57 AM
cj_rumley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA District X Special Election

Yes. Though he meets (barely per your inference) the published quals for the office he seeks to serve in, he's a mere commoner as he has not been inducted to membership in your exclusive GOB club, i.e., he is not an incumbent officer of the organization.

Tnx for the clarification.

Cletus
Old 05-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: cj_rumley

Yes. Though he meets (barely per your inference) the published quals for the office he seeks to serve in, he's a mere commoner as he has not been inducted to membership in your exclusive GOB club, i.e., he is not an incumbent officer of the organization.

Cletus
Your unnecessarily snarky interpretation aside, you did grasp the fact that I was making it clear that he is not currently an incumbent or past holder of any position within the AMA. The AMA nominations committee clearly feels he has met the qualifications for the office, or he would not be on the ballot.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: cj_rumley

Cletus
Your unnecessarily snarky interpretation aside, you did grasp the fact that I was making it clear that he is not currently an incumbent or past holder of any position within the AMA. The AMA nominations committee clearly feels he has met the qualifications for the office, or he would not be on the ballot.
None of the possible candidates for the AMA 2010 election are yet on the ballot. The nominating committee meets during the EC meeting August 14-15. That is when the potential candidates are accepted or rejected.

There are numerous examples where the prospective nominees are slighted, as at the last minute, by new entries into the race that just get instant "Leader Memberships" and a place on the ballot which is limited to 3 persons.

In addition, since a sitting DVP is also a member of the nominating committee, he has a lot of pull in keeping potentially strong candidates from being nominated when there are 4 or more persons after the nomination. BTDT! [sm=48_48.gif] Actually, in my very experienced opinion, qualifications have little to do with just who gets on the ballot.

Therefore your statement, "The AMA nominations committee clearly feels he has met the qualifications for the office, or he would not be on the ballot." just could not be any further from the truth concerning AMA's actual real world nominating procedures.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:42 PM
Longbaskt
My Feedback: (5)

So two or three came out and Jim made an arbitrary decision... Demigod control by the leader alone. Yep, that's the AMA for you. And you, an AVP...touch a nerve, did we in our discussions? My posts and content are my own... not that of the AMA. Instead of listening, you twist and pounce... good job! Keep it up!

I like your comment about "Nazis.... wow"... the content of the post was the defense used (unsuccessfully) by those on trial for war crimes... kapish? They made the "I was just following orders" attempt at defense famous. Next time try and listen.

On behalf of all the members of AMA and my old club in particular... thanks for finally clarifying who was responsible for the debacle at Santa Fe Dam. If elected I hope Lawrence is able to bring a little normality to the process going on at AMA.

I do find it interesting that AMA requires a person to be a leader member to run for election... I expect the bar to be raised higher next time and that you have to be a club president, AVP, or whatever. It wasn't that long ago you just had to be a member of the AMA.... Now listen real close - this is what lawyers do to protect themselves... "Now that I'm in, I'll raise the bar to prohibit others from joining". Read it twice if you don't understand.

Give me Lawrence the listener!

This has gotten way off track... I apologize.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

Therefore your statement, ''The AMA nominations committee clearly feels he has met the qualifications for the office, or he would not be on the ballot.'' just could not be any further from the truth concerning AMA's actual real world nominating procedures.
He was previously approved for placement on the regular ballot last year. There is currently no reason to believe that the committee will find him unqualified for this election. Therefore my statement stands as is.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: Longbaskt

So two or three came out and Jim made an arbitrary decision...
Arbitrary or not it was his decision to make and his alone. That is simply how it is. As an AVP I can give the DVP my opinion, but in the end it is the DVP who makes the decision.

My posts and content are my own... not that of the AMA.
As are my posts. I simply post what I know to be true based on my experience as an AVP. I am closer to the process than many others may be which I think gives some weight to what I say about how this and other similar situations are handled.

I like your comment about ''Nazis.... wow''... t
My comment was to communicate my surprise that someone could in any stretch of the imagination tie anything done with model airplanes and the AMA to the Nazis. o once again, Nazis? Really?? Wow.

On behalf of all the members of AMA and my old club in particular... thanks for finally clarifying who was responsible for the debacle at Santa Fe Dam. If elected I hope Lawrence is able to bring a little normality to the process going on at AMA.
I shared what I know about the situation. I do not think that you can in any way try to blame or hold Mike Brown responsible for a decision that the now deceased DVP made.

I do find it interesting that AMA requires a person to be a leader member to run for election..
Why is that??

For as long as I can recall anyone appointed to be an AVP had to be a Leader Member and all persons who stood for election to DVP and above had to be at least a Leader Member. That is the way it has been for as long as I can remember.

Maybe you can get Mr. Tougas to change that if he ends up winning the election.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:09 PM
rcplane-RCU
My Feedback: (7)

Hello. I am Michael Brown, I am your interim District X Vice President, and I am running to continue to serve as your District X Vice President for the remainder of this term and long into the future.

First, after reading all of this I wasn't going to respond to this thread, honestly because it seems like a lot of you are just upset about something. I don't know if it's the AMA you are upset with or how you have been represented in the past or what, but clearly many of you on here are not happy. The title of the post got lost "AMA District X Special Election" So that is what I will respond to.

We all have to remember this is a hobby, but you must understand at the level we are talking about, this is a multi million dollar organization and it needs the right people running it. People with modeling, financial and business experience obviously but people who care, really care as well. A District Vice President is a member of the Board of Directors of this company along with being responsible for his or her district.

All I can tell you is I am working every day to make our hobby and our district better and stronger. I get up every single day and start answering emails and calls from modelers whether from District X or not. Then there are many more from other Vice Presidents and other staff personnel from headquarters. I am also on the safety committee so there are those as well. Like one of you wrote, this position is not just about District X but about the entire hobby, all across our country. I have to handle every situation I am asked to, no matter where it is from, or who it is for.
At times I ask for help and guidance from my peers. Guy's like Dave Mathewson are very good at this and I respect their opinions. In the end, my answers and decisions are mine alone, but I take everything I can into consideration before making those decision. This position takes the majority of my day, every day and most weekends as well and I don't believe a person working a regular full time job can do it justice.

I couldn't remember every topic to give an answer to them all, but to speak on a few.....
The dollars, that seems to the biggie. In the scheme of things the $16,000 not $17,000 dollars the district gets, is minimal at best. Although I know a bit about what other District X VP's spent the budget for I only care about how I spend it. As far as I am concerned every dollar is member dues, and I ask myself, how would the average member feel about my spending this money for that. I think the last funds I spent were for a school. It was for an Aero Lab CD and a box of Rubber Powered planes. I am also paying the club chartering fees for another school in Las Vegas as well. It also started as an Aero Lab program and there are several volunteer adults who have turned this program into a full blown club. I am also sending (on my own dime) 7 transmitters for the kids to have for their very own. 2, I bought at a swap meet from a friend last weekend. I do spend some dollars for travel. I am not rich and I am a volunteer, but not every penny I spend on a trip is charged to this organization let alone this district. I also supported a college level science program with district funds, $300 to be exact.

When I took my first official trip through the district I went to a lot of clubs and talked with a lot of members and although I know there are some who do not care if they ever see a District VP or District AVP there are 7-8 out of 10 that do. Not 1 person saw on my trip said, I don't care you are here or, I don't think you should have come, not once. And not all of the folks I met were for me or knew me. As I must, I speak for the majority and the majority wants representation so I will represent them either at council or at their home field wherever is necessary. Most of the time when us volunteers get called is when things are bad, and that is fine, its part of the job.

On one other subject and one that is very personal to me, especially with some of the comments made here. Santa Fee Dam. I WAS NOT for the closing of the field but understand I was an AVP at the time not the VP. I voiced my opinion as many others surely did. But it was not my decision to make.
You might wonder where the first stop on my trip to southern California was, Santa Fee Dam. I wanted to meet them all, so it was known I was coming and I spent the entire day there, and yes a lot of the subject was the choices my predecessor made. But I feel confident now as I did then, that the modelers who were at the field know how I feel and the kind of person I am. I was even made an honorary member of the club and given a key and welcomed any time.

National flying site.............
I am not of the opinion a national west coast flying site is the right thing. Why should it be West, why not north, or south? Headquarters had to be somewhere, why not Muncie? There is no single state it could be in that would make all the others happy.

How about let clubs be allowed to become "Regional Flying Sites" if they qualify and want to.
Sites that would allow any AMA member the right to fly there. Sites that would allow a group or club to hold events there. There could be a "Regional Flying Site" for each state or many. No cost as the club is already established right? There would just have to be some guidelines and an agreement between the host club and the ones wanting to use it?
As a matter of fact, I have just been given the responsibility and am in the process of making a committee to look into the possibility of this and it will be brought before council at the Aug meeting.

I also started your District X Newsletter. Several thousand members are benefiting from its creation and it grows with every issue. I have received hundreds of emails from members who enjoy its benefits. Also it is free. I just spend more volunteer time putting what you the membership sends me, that and adding AMA business/information.

I am also working with Jon Wilson to make our District X Web Site be the best it can be. It has changed a lot in a short time, check it out.

I am also working on a database of information that will help clubs keep their flying sites, and another to help a club when they are looking for a new flying site. How to look, what others went through, their process etc...

I also attend 4 Executive Council meetings in Muncie each year, working with the others in making the best decisions regarding a hundred other subjects like the FAA and their sUAS program.

I am also a father and husband, and I am a volunteer. Trying to make our hobby and organization the best it can be.

Please read as much as you can before you start going off on forums all over the internet. Our hobby is under a microscope like never before. People post videos of all types of airplane and helicopter crashes. The only thing that does in the long run is hurt our hobby.

But just as important. If you really care. volunteer to HELP the hobby. Don't just sit back and complain about how this or that is or was, do something positive about it. Show others you know how to do it right, show them this is a great, safe hobby, and last vote for the best most qualified person. Not just in this election but in all elections. A candidate should have a lot of experience, a candidate should know what they are talking about and most important they should care, truly care. This position is a huge responsibility and I give you my word I will do my best. I listen to the majority and not just my own opinion..

As I said I am busy and I do not have the time to answer back n forth on forums like this. If I can ever help you or your club or answer a question please email me @ [email protected] or call me @ 530-440-8732.

Thanks Mike
District X Vice President
Old 05-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Longbaskt
My Feedback: (5)

Hey Michael, Thanks for the update.. good stuff.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:00 PM
cj_rumley

Hi Mike,

Nice post and glad you checked in to the discussion. I've though right along that Dist X is going to have to choose between two good men, and you've reinforced that opinion. Makes it harder to decide, but OTOH we members can't lose - it's going to be very good vs. best in the upcoming race for D-X. Great that you're taking the high road and sticking with issues rather than berating the other candidate(s). You're a fine model yourself, keep it up and all the best to you.

Cletus
Old 06-02-2010, 09:11 AM
ltougas

I wanted to take a moment and respond to one comment Mike made in his post it was;

This position takes the majority of my day, every day and most weekends as well and I don't believe a person working a regular full time job can do it justice.
I know Mike is looking to differentiate himself from me and that is fair. I just respectfully disagree. Right now on the Executive Council the following members have a job in addition to their AMA responsibilities. Dave Mathewson runs his own dental laboratory. Mark Smith worked two jobs until just recently, one in the telecommunications industry ( which he just retired from) and a second as a teacher. I believe our District I VP Andy Argenio has a hobby shop. District II VP Gary Fitch is working a full-time job. Former District V VP Tony Stillman runs a radio repair business, and his replacement Jose Soto works too. There maybe more I am not aware of.

I believe these EC members are doing an outstanding job. I think your work experience adds to your ability to serve. On page 11 of the May issue of MA, the organization is looking for people with business experience because it is believed they will be able to help lead us forward.

I think my experience running my own Video Production company gave me an MBA while I experienced a trial by fire. I had to learn how to budget, promote and make hard decisions to be successful. I've also worked for 23 years as an Aeronautical Engineer in both the Defense Industry, and the Airline Industry. I have led numerous long-term complex projects and have learned how to complete them on time and budget while accomplishing the required objectives.

All of this experience will make me a better DVP. You can read more about my background [link=http://ama-district-x-election.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-background.html]here[/link]. I think it is neat Mike posted here we're able to give the voters both of our perspectives so they can make an informed choice.

Lawrence Tougas
Candidate for AMA District X Vice-President
[link=http://ama-district-x-election.blogspot.com/]http://ama-district-x-election.blogspot.com/[/link]
Old 06-02-2010, 02:26 PM
RV7guy

I've been following this thread for a while but have not posted. I have been an AVP in District 10 since 1983. I'm in the Phoenix area. I have worked with 6 DVP's now. I have had the opportunity to work with many fine clubs and help them in any way that I can. About 3 to 4 times a year, I'm involved in overseeing a dispute within a club. Not really fun, but part of the job. Don't think because it is only 3 - 4 times a year, that it is not time consuming. Many take hours of investigation, analyzing information and then concluding the event. I also spend considerable time on the phone with folks who will be wintering in AZ and want to know where the flying fields are. I too have not sought reimbursement for my travels. I love the position and getting out and interacting with the modelers. Most are great people. In many cases, modelers are our worst enemies.

The issue has gotten way off track. It should boil down to this, Who is the most qualified for the position? Please simply look a the background of each candidate and how it relates to model aviation. If you do that, there should be no question as to who is the best for position.

Don't label me as one of Mike's boys. I have only spent a few hours with him. What I learned is he is man of extreme dedication to our great hobby with a wealth of relevant experience in many facets of modeling and the time to work on it. This includes club officer positions, CDing many large events and organizing on a national level. This, to me, relates to his character and integrity. My work is for the members of AMA. I follow the direction of Mike to assist him in making the District function. This is no different than what I did for the other DVP's. It is hugely time consuming. I concur that it would be virtually impossible to effectively represent the modelers with a less than flexible (or related) full time job.

I spoke with Mr. Tougas. He is a very nice guy. I believe his intentions are noble. The problem is his lack of experience in things model aviation related. I don't even know if he owns any models. His background in modeling wasn't offered with no mention of it in his campaign information. "If you got it, flaunt it. If you don't, steer clear of it." I do know he has not held a club officers position or CDed even a local club contests. As above, this speaks to his character and over all integrity to the cause.

In closing, lets stick to the qualifications. Forget a Regional flying site. It was barely affordable 15 years ago and would be completely cost prohibitive now. It ain't gonna happen. Oh, and the critter that killed the project was the Fairy Shrimp. No joking!!! This is a great hobby. Please review the qualifications and you'll see Mike Brown is clearly the best to represent District 10.

Thanks for listening.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ
Old 06-03-2010, 08:28 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: RV7guy

Please simply look a the background of each candidate and how it relates to model aviation. If you do that, there should be no question as to who is the best for position.
very good point and sage advice...
Old 06-03-2010, 09:28 AM
ltougas

I want to take a moment to respond to some comments made by Darwin.

I spoke with Mr. Tougas. He is a very nice guy. I believe his intentions are noble.
I appreciate Darwin acknowledging that my intentions are noble. I believe any of us DVP’s, AVP’s, Club Officers, etc. who volunteer to do this work should be recognized for the effort and time they put forth.

The problem is his lack of experience in things model aviation related.
Here is where I just have to respectfully disagree. I have a deep understanding of modeling. I have built free flight models, control line models, nitro and electric powered R/C models as well as R/C sailplanes. Am I the most experienced modeler in the district, no, but neither is Mike. My point is I have more than enough experience to understand the issues facing our membership.

I don't even know if he owns any models.
I’m not sure how that conclusion could be reached. My garage, and bank account would beg to differ.

His background in modeling wasn't offered with no mention of it in his campaign information.
In my [link=http://ama-district-x-election.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-candidate-statement.html]Candidate Statement[/link] from last year I discussed my start in modeling that dates back to 1968. In addition I discussed my related aviation background [link=http://ama-district-x-election.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-background.html]here[/link].

I have a great deal of experience in dealing with the FAA. My job includes responding to Notices of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM’s) we face a serious challenge to our sport by the Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS) rulemaking that is going on right now. I intend to work very hard to defend our ability to conduct our sport without undue constraints.

I also have worked for 23 years as an Aeronautical Engineer. This has given me a skill set that I believe will make me a better DVP. Specifically it has taught me the value of measurable long-term goals, the skills to accomplish them, and the skills to work with different groups to achieve success.

Forget a Regional flying site. It was barely affordable 15 years ago and would be completely cost prohibitive now. It ain't gonna happen.
We’ve talked about this issue a lot in this thread. I’m simply going to repeat what I’ve said previously. If we do nothing and say it can’t be done we will be 100% right. If we set goals and work together I believe an AMA West Flying Site is ours for the making. George Bearnard Shaw wrote, “You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’" That says a lot about many things we face in life and how we can approach them.

Ultimately it is not up to Darwin or I who the next District X Vice-President will be, it is up to the members. Last year half of those voting responded to my campaign and were satisfied with my experience. I was honored by their choice and hope to earn it again. I am working very hard to persuade the other half of our voters to take a second look and decide I’m the right person for the Office, only time will tell.

Lawrence Tougas
[link=http://ama-district-x-election.blogspot.com/]http://ama-district-x-election.blogspot.com/[/link]
Old 06-03-2010, 12:15 PM
edgeman55
My Feedback: (25)

Just wanted to say first off I have not meet Mr Brown or had the chance to talk with him.I did meet Lawrence and had a talk with him at the IMAA west coast fly-in at Castle this last weekend.He had a lot of ideas for our District and the AMA in general that I liked.I think he understands the challenges ahead and I like the way he wants to work on them.Last but not least a lot of us on the west coast would like to see a AMA flying site and feel like Lawrence that it can be done.Easy-no way but if your of the camp it can't be done no way no how-well you don't get my vote.There were about 4-500 RV's at Castle with 100's of planes,pilots and spectators.This could be done at a central AMA flying site location in the future,but only if we try.Thanks again Lawrence for your time Sat it was great getting to know you.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:08 PM
rcplane-RCU

Hi Edgeman55-RCU

You might have talked with me. I worked the entire weekend in Registration, signing up AMA and IMAA members. I also flew the memorial flight in honor of Jim Giffin Saturday morning during the pilots meeting with Jim Collins and John Lockwood.

I also have been helping in registration there for years so we could have met and talked back then. For 2 of those years I was in charge of the airplane inspections. That was when I was the IMAA National Safety Officer.
I am also the person who changed the form we all now use that lets us register for an IMAA event while safety inspecting 3 planes on the same piece of paper. I am guessing you remember how long it took if you had a few planes, 2 AMA papers, an IMAA Registration form and 1 form for each airplane. I have and will continue to get the 2 AMA forms made into 1 as well, with 3 airplanes from 6 papers to fill out to 2.
Anyway I just wanted to say Hi.

Mike Brown
District X Vice President.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:39 PM
RV7guy

Larry,

I believe the membership that is eligible for voting has a right to know a few things about you that have been glossed over or omitted.

1) How long were you a Leader Member before your dad nominated you to run for DVP?

2) What did you do to earn the LM status?

3) How many contests have you been the Contest Director?

4) How many club officer positions have you held?

5) How many clubs have you been President?

6) How many officer positions have you held in any national modeling organization?

7) How do propose to interact with the FAA differently than is being done now? You are aware that Rich Hanson is working with the FAA on up coming regulations that will affect all of model aviation?

8) What have you done to positively influence model aviation and the AMA?

I'm not trying to beat you up here. Being a modeler is far different than taking a leadership role. Please take the time to answer these questions. I think everybody needs to know. Just please be honest with everyone. It is critical to the organization.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ
Old 06-03-2010, 07:24 PM
edgeman55
My Feedback: (25)

Mike

Sorry I was not able to talk with you as I did not have a plane down there so I did not register.I was a friend of Jims as I flew at Woodland Ca for many years before moving to Nevada.Jim was around a lot during those days and I miss his friendship.In fact he called me a few times a year to bug me about becoming a AVP for Northern Nevada and I always laughed and declined as real life was always in the way.I like what you have done with the Dist 10 newsletter and how you have spent time getting around to clubs and such.Keep up the good work as no matter who wins our hobby needs good reps and leaders in these trying times with field loss,declining membership and the feds.Good luck to all who run.

Gene Frey
Dayton,NV
Old 06-03-2010, 08:23 PM
rcplane-RCU

I have flown at Woodland many times, I would guess we have talked in the past. I hope they get their new field.
Jim was a good friend. He was the person who had the faith and trust in me and my experiance and abilities to put my name as his replacment with the Executive Council. The Executive Council also obviously agreed.

Rich Hansen our past elected District VP and Jim and I worked together well throughout the years. We had a good working relationship, working closely together on a number of AMA events, activities and projects. I miss Jim, he was a good friend.

The first thing people need to do though is vote. They need to look at the qualifications that relate to the duties of a District Vice President. Qualifications that actually relate to the hobby of Radio Controlled modeling, control line modeling and free flight modeling. All of it. I feel if the members of the AMA look at my years of volunteer work I will continue to serve as Jim and many others have wanted.

If you or any AMA member would like to ask me any question or just chat modeling they may call or email me any time. My phone # is 530-440-8732 and my email is [email protected].

Thanks
Mike
Old 06-03-2010, 09:41 PM
ltougas

Gene,
Thank you for the kind words. I had a great time last weekend and met many great modelers. I am looking forward to building an AMA West Flying Site. As I get out and meet people they say three things constantly;

Wow, you're the first guy in office or running for it I've ever met.

They think the West Coast field is not a nice to have or optional thing. They feel like it is a big but obtainable goal. They look forward to rotating sections of the Nats to the West Coast again so they can participate.

They are concerned about recent FAA rule making and its encroachment on our sport.

I plan to be a DVP that gets out in the field. I showed my willingness to get out in the District last year, and I'm doubling my efforts this year

I couldn't agree more about attitude being the key to successfully achieving our goal of a West Coast Flying Site.

As far as the FAA goes we have to keep in mind when we respond to the NPRM that we have to show alternate proposals we make will bring the same level of safety, we should take advantage of our long history of insuring modelers and tabulate claims made and if they involved manned aircraft we should understand as much as possible about what happened and what would have prevented it.

Thanks again for the support and I look forward to seeing you again,
Lawrence Tougas
Old 06-03-2010, 09:59 PM
ltougas

I have updated my website with photos from last weekends IMAA West Coast Festival. You can see them [link=http://ama-district-x-election.blogspot.com/2010/06/west-coast-festival.html]here[/link].

I'm going to be traveling to Southern California this weekend to attend the Jerry Ortego Memorial Scale Fly-In. There are more details [link=http://ama-district-x-election.blogspot.com/2010/06/jerry-ortego-memorial-scale-fly-in.html]here[/link].

If you're in the area please stop by and say hello.

Lawrence Tougas
AMA 232
Old 06-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Duayne P
My Feedback: (15)

Hello All,
Sorry for the late respond, just found this thread. There is a club here on Guam. It’s the Aeromodelers Club of Guam. It’s the only one here. As for AMA Members, it’s about 30+-. Been with AMA for about 30 years and a member of the club for a lot longer. Club Charter is CH1414. Hope this helps.
Duayne Peters
AMA 109694
Old 06-04-2010, 08:48 AM
ltougas

Duayne,
Welcome to the thread. Glad to hear modeling is alive and well in Guam. In the not too distant future the airline I work for may merge with one that serves Guam. If they do I'd love to come out and see the Aeromodelers. In the meantime if you have any photos of modeling on Guam please send them to me at [email protected] I'd love to post them on my [link=http://ama-district-x-election.blogspot.com/]website[/link].

Happy Landings,
Lawrence Tougas
Old 06-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Silent-AV8R

And if you like, send any photos, etc. to Mike Brown for inclusion in the AMA District X newsletter.

Mike Brown: [email protected]

The District X Newsletter is relatively new, with only 3 issues out, but it is very nicely done.

http://www.ama10.org/

Click on the newsletter tab on the upper right side
Old 06-04-2010, 10:55 AM
rcplane-RCU

Hi Duayne.
I am sure Larry and I both would like some pictures, Larry has a nice web site he can put them on and as Silent-AV8R said, I can put them and an article in the District X Newsletter.

I almost went to Guam last year. An AMA show team was supposed to be going and Jim Giffin said I was going to be sent as an AMA represenative. I am not sure what ever happened with it but obviously I didn't get to go. I don't know if it's still in the works or not?

As far as pictures and an article, I really think the members of District X and other AMA members would really like to see some pictures of where you fly and what you fly there. If you or another of your modeling friends would like to write an article I would surely print it.

Thanks Mike
District X Vice President
Old 06-07-2010, 03:38 PM
bntwngbrd

Hello fellow modelers,
For those that do not know me I am Rick Maida, AVP Dist X. Live in the bay area and have been modeling for over 40 years. I recently CD'd the event over the Memorial Weekend at Castle AFB in Merced Calif. The guy with the glowing green shirt.
Being really busy with the CD duties I was able to meet with Larry for the first time. Before that I'd never heard of him. Seems like a nice person. Successful business man, great job and such.
Reading all this stuff on RCU all of us need to get back to basics. Just think of what kind of person you want in office that will help AMA and all if its supporting members. Look at the qualifications of each individual and that should sum it up right there. Pretty straight forward choice.
Food for thought.
Have a great day and keep em flying.
Rick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.