Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
 AMA lawyers >

AMA lawyers

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA lawyers

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA lawyers

and to think joebahl i thought we were freinds well at least your still kicking around .

i would have to disagree though i would like to think we are all allowed our opinion weather it be right or wrong, i'm in the middle of the road on this i do not have enough information to pass judgement i just think and it's just my opinion ..................... that this is a wait and see issue.

and hey if the AMA is in the clear get out the cross and nails, but if the op is right then what ?
Old 09-14-2010, 09:08 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: The_Mad_Hatter_632

why is it snitched instead of civic duty ?

well joebahl that might just be the problem with whats going on in here maybe if we all listened to each other our problems would be lessened instead of the attitude of i have mine and you don't count .

jail i think not in his case we are putting the horse before the cart ................it was a letter from a lawer which has no court signature in this case it's call a threat (for the laymen out there) .
here's a big one for everyone why hasn't the whole thing gone to court yet ?
i'm sure someone out there has been in contact with the organization by now i think the word used was "snitch" .
but yet dbcisco hasn't recieved any court papers and when and only when that happens and if we all find out that it happens well that tell any of us that important question ................ whats that question you may ask, simpe thats when they have enough evidence to prove defamation .
they haven't done it yet because defamation is hard to prove so the threats of taking your car, your house and your job is 100% unfounded to say, because in defamation case the AMA has to show that they are loosing capital because of the defamation.
so i say if someone ( and i am not singling anyone out this is just a point i am making) sends in there due's the AMA is not loosing capital .
The Germans were told (and accepted that)identifying and turning in Jewish citizens was their "civic duty". Some of the worlds most heinous crimes were committed with the assistance of people doing their "civic duty". There are, of course,legitimate cases of one needing to do his/her civic duty. I don't think this one measures up. But that is my opinion, it has no bearing on anything, and Istated earlier that I could care less if he snitched.

Yes, the letter was a threat. It's called a cease and desist letter. If he ceases and desists there would probably be no further action. Standard, shot across the bow legal stuff. A first step in a process. That's why I asked earlier if the OP had changed his mind about his allegations that the AMA was a tax cheat and did not qualify for the NPOstatus. Either he does or doesn't. Pretty simple really. We have all this talk of testicles, cheerleadingand hero worship from AMA detractors yet the OP will not make a clear statement.He'sacting all squishy and nuetered.

Of course his new sidekicks are using the standard MO, <span style="font-size: 9pt">obfuscation,</span> to change the topic to the profitability/non-profitability of MAwhich if I recall correctly wasbranded strictly verboten by the forum's moderator. Maybe a specialexception has been made for him as it seems this topic weighs heavily on his mind.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Banned

My proof of AMA membeship is my posts on the AMA's forum (only members can post) and they know my address for their lawyers because I am a member.
So where is your proof Joe? Anyone can make up numbers.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: K-Bob
Seems like you've done a little back tracking since then.
I haven't back tracked at all. I tried straightening out all the people spreading lies about me but that is all.
Try reading what I wrote instead of all the words you and others are putting in my mouth.
Time and time my attackers demonstrate that they never even bothered to read the threads let alone research a single thing.
Just jump on anyone who questions the AMA.
I really never said that much against the AMA here, although people seem to be "creative" in describing and interpreting what I wrote.
Why should I bother writing everything out again since you will either ignore it or twist it to your own purposes.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Banned

Just like in your opinion the AMA defrauded the IRS and filed false tax returns.
Not my opinion at all. Based on the three scenarios put forth in the thread that you didn't seem to read, there are three possible conclusions. None of which I hold to be fact but agree with many others here that that situation needs to be addressed and clarified by the AMA. Please stop saying I said things that I did not and/or taking single sentences out of context.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:26 AM

ORIGINAL: dbcisco

Seems like you've done a little back tracking since then.
I really never said that much against the AMA here, although people seem to be ''creative'' in describing and interpreting what I wrote.
Duane,
Remember this on a thread titled “This what the AMA wants?â€:

A biased oligarchy censoring any opposition to the status quo.
This is your quote, not my interpretation. Do you even know what that means?

Frank
Old 09-15-2010, 06:17 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I joined 3 years ago.. only 150,000 +/- numbers between us... so 4,500 new members per year for a country of 307 million people.... man are we scarce... or ama really stinks at promoting hobby.

If I could just talk my local club into ditching AMA... and getting insurance elsewhere. Join the revolution...

ORIGINAL: joebahl

Any one can get 1300 posts all you have to do is talk alot. Sisco just sent off my ama dues ,that will be 36 years .ama number 753413 lets see all of you guys numbers . joe
Old 09-15-2010, 06:29 AM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow....DB must have really made a lot of guys mad. You would think he took a pee on their flowers or something [X(]

It is like a jabbing match and nothing ever gets addressed about the real issues at hand.

The AMA should have nothing to hide so what is the big deal? Is DB out of line because he desires accountability from them and some things he has seen are questionable? I know if it were me and they would not contact me, then I would want answers as to why.

Not one person has explained what DB did that was out of line. I do question his methods, but again as I have stated before I do not have enough facts to make a sound judgment toward him in the matter. Maybe some of you know him personally and can stand behind your posts.

If so, maybe you could bring that info out on the table so the rest of us can get the facts we need and not have to question why the harsh stings are in your posts?
Old 09-15-2010, 06:40 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: phlpsfrnk
A biased oligarchy censoring any opposition to the status quo.
This is your quote, not my interpretation. Do you even know what that means?
On organization/government controlled by a small group of people with little power in the majority's hands.
Allowing only approved comment and information.
Seems to portray the AMA and their forum quite well.

Like I said, "I really didn't say all that much"
Old 09-15-2010, 06:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

Wow....DB must have really made a lot of guys mad. You would think he took a pee on their flowers or something [X(]

It is like a jabbing match and nothing ever gets addressed about the real issues at hand.

The AMA should have nothing to hide so what is the big deal? Is DB out of line because he desires accountability from them and some things he has seen are questionable? I know if it were me and they would not contact me, then I would want answers as to why.

Not one person has explained what DB did that was out of line. I do question his methods, but again as I have stated before I do not have enough facts to make a sound judgment toward him in the matter. Maybe some of you know him personally and can stand behind your posts.

If so, maybe you could bring that info out on the table so the rest of us can get the facts we need and not have to question why the harsh stings are in your posts?
Making statements that the AMA is "committing Tax fraud" and "cheating on mailing costs" and it's a "biased oligarchy" is just plain wrong. The public tax returns and other public docs that he is touting as proof do not back up his statements. Those same returns were independently audited and not found wanting. I'm surprised the independent accounting firm has not been accused of conspiracy.

Regard
Frank
Old 09-15-2010, 07:04 AM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

Making statements that the AMA is ''committing Tax fraud'' and ''cheating on mailing costs'' and it's a ''biased oligarchy'' is just plain wrong. The public tax returns and other public docs that he is touting as proof do not back up his statements. Those same returns were independently audited and not found wanting. I'm surprised the independent accounting firm has not been accused of conspiracy.

Regard
Frank
Well, maybe for you and I, we do not believe the AMA has done anything wrong. However, maybe DB believes there are problems and has good reason to believe so. DB seems like a person that is persistant in getting to the bottom of things and making sure that all is out in the open.

I do think it will come out in the "wash" in time.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:07 AM

I asked.

Just so that you have an opportunity to make you position clear and back up your original allegations, how about showing some of that white knight courage and state your position and make your charges without mealy mouth back door double-speak, right in this thread?
He responded.

I really never said that much against the AMA here, although people seem to be "creative" in describing and interpreting what I wrote.
Why should I bother writing everything out again since you will either ignore it or twist it to your own purposes.
Seems like the non-members, whiner's, and flying monkeys might need a newhero. The statements regaling the size of his grapes might have been premature.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:12 AM
Banned

Making statements that the AMA is ''committing Tax fraud'' and ''cheating on mailing costs'' and it's a ''biased oligarchy'' is just plain wrong. The public tax returns and other public docs that he is touting as proof do not back up his statements. Those same returns were independently audited and not found wanting. I'm surprised the independent accounting firm has not been accused of conspiracy.
That is all taken out of context and not what I said. Go read the thread.
I never acccused the AMA of any of that.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:45 AM

WOW! Have we come full circle. Remember this?:

I am not allowed to use "phrases" like defrauding the IRS, cheating on mailing costs, and providing false information.
Although every opinion I put forth is backed up by AMA documents and IRS citations,
Was that out of context? By the way, I have yet to see any of these IRS citations you spoke of. Where are they? When did the IRS cite the AMA for anything?

Regards
Frank
Old 09-15-2010, 07:54 AM

As much as I despise beating my headagainst a wall ................................. All it would take to clear up all this misunderstanding would be for you to state your position regarding the AMA's tax and NPO status clearly and directly.

Canyou hold yourself to the same standards you demand of others?

Old 09-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Banned

By the way, I have yet to see any of these IRS citations you spoke of. Where are they?
READ THE FULL THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Citation" is a reference to a document nothing else.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:02 AM
Banned

All it would take to clear up all this misunderstanding would be for you to state your position regarding the AMA's tax and NPO status clearly and directly.
This is the third time you asked the same question and got the same answer. I am not wasting my time on you again.
READ THE THREADS!

Old 09-15-2010, 08:11 AM

There is nothing in 'the threads' other than a bunch of shifting and dodging, sort of like what you are doing now...
Old 09-15-2010, 08:15 AM

"JUST A NAME please"........

I know I posted I was finished with this thread, but it is like a stone in my shoe. The more I try to ignor it the more it bothers me, or in this case question it....

When ever I have had a question of AMA's operations, or any other thing, either my own or one posed to me on a forum, I ask someone at AMA HQ DIRECTLY. I CALL THEM. I don't post my question on an internet forum and expect an answer! If the person I needed to speak to was not available, I left a message, and always received a return call. I have found the people at the AMA HQ to be modelers first and administrators second, and are concerned with their and the AMA's image. I then post the results/answer and the name of who I spoke to so it is NOT "hearsay" but a "fact" that is easy to verify. So with that in mind I ask you dbcisco....

Who did you speak to at AMA HQ about this issue you think exists with the AMA's book keeping/tax reporting?

And PLEASE no double talk! ALL I want is a name. A simple name will do so we as AMA members can call/contact in mass to demand an answer. If you did in fact contact the AMA and were "blown off" we all would like to know by who! HOWEVER, if all you have done is post your question on a forum, and I don't care if it is the AMA forum, expecting an answer is unrealistic, and gives question to your "facts" and motive. Give us a name, and I, and I would guess other members will call that person wanting an answer. I will post their response if I have a person to question. It would accomplish more if we called/contacted the AMA in mass than you ranting on an internet forum will. It would be hard for the AMA to prosecute hundreds of members, like you posted they are doing to you.

Edited to add,

ARBO,

There is nothing in 'the threads' other than a bunch of shifting and dodging, sort of like what you are doing now...
ARBO,
I sometimes don't see "eye to eye" with you but I respect your views and right to them. This time I must admit that dbcisco has me saying you are 100% "spot on" with the above quote......
Old 09-15-2010, 08:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Arbo

This doesn't happen often! I agree.[sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 09-15-2010, 08:32 AM

All it would take to clear up all this misunderstanding would be for you to state your position regarding the AMA's tax and NPO status clearly and directly.
This is the third time you asked the same question and got the same answer. I am not wasting my time on you again.
READ THE THREADS!

I will not ask again. Indeed, three times is plenty to let folks see for themselves the level of your commitment to truth, justice, and the pursuit of all things righteous that has been so heralded in this matter.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:47 AM

MrP
Making statements that the AMA is "committing Tax fraud" and "cheating on mailing costs" and it's a "biased oligarchy" is just plain wrong. The public tax returns and other public docs that he is touting as proof do not back up his statements. Those same returns were independently audited and not found wanting.
hmmmm
so, please maintain that opinion when answering this:
Do we believe the folks that 'proved' with 'evidence' that there is an unreported magazine profit,
or do we believe the reports that are clear that the magazine is $1mil in the red?

feel free to let the Audit you mention sway your decision
Old 09-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: tinner1
When ever I have had a question of AMA's operations, or any other thing, either my own or one posed to me on a forum, I ask someone at AMA HQ DIRECTLY. I CALL THEM.......
I use their website.
If I seem to dodge it is simply dodging all the twisting of my words by others.
Read the full threads!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:10 AM

I use their website.
If I seem to dodge it is simply dodging all the twisting of my words by others.
Read the full threads!
I am asking you a SIMPLE question!!! Good Grief!!! I am sick and tired of you answering everyone "read the full thread" (5 times on this page alone!!!), because seeing quotes from them and then you denying you said what was posted for all to see, is getting REAL LAME.

That being said, So your answer to my SIMPLE QUESTION for a name is "you did NOT speak directly to someone at AMA HQ?" (The question mark shows this is a question to you and NOT a statement from me on what you meant) But in your posts you are telling us they were unresponsive to your questions? IF you did contact the AMA DIRECTLY, and spoke to someone like I asked of you, there would be no "twisting of your words". We would have a PERSON other than you to provide us with "FACTS" rather than "hearsay". I guess like I and others have figured out you refuse to "back up" your accusations. Double talk is all you provide, just as I had anticipated you would do......

You should run for office as you have mastered NOT answering a question at all, ever.....IMO I see why no one answered your questions about the AMA book keeping....YOU NEVER ASKED ANYONE!!!!!

Edited in....
dbciscos response to K-Bob

Not my opinion at all. Based on the three scenarios put forth in the thread that you didn't seem to read, there are three possible conclusions. None of which I hold to be fact but agree with many others here that that situation needs to be addressed and clarified by the AMA. Please stop saying I said things that I did not and/or taking single sentences out of context.
Please see the red above. How is the AMA supposed to "clarify" something if you never ask them about it? and notice I quoted your WHOLE post so you can't say I quoted it out of context, or "twisted" your words!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Banned

I used the AMA support center.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.