RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   AMA Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/)
-   -   AMA E Membership(Poll added) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/4193719-ama-e-membership-poll-added.html)

50%plane 05-08-2006 10:38 AM

RE: AMA E Membership

ORIGINAL: bdavison

I cant leave you guys alone for 5 minutes without somebody ruining a really good thread. I went to a pattern competition this weekend and when I come back, my thread is gone because somebody couldnt keep their tongue in check. Im disgusted and extremely disappointed....and a little $^&*(#$ off. [:@]

Ive asked the mods to restore the thread minus the garbage posts that caused it to get removed.

If the mods cant correct and restore it, or I cant get a hardcopy of the posts prior to the mess you guys created, this is the last time I will post in RCUniverse.

I tried to give everyone a civil chance to express their wishes for the parkflyer program, with the opportunity to have your voices heard, and you blew it big time.

Thanks alot.

Sincerly,
Bryan Davison
Bryan,
it became an interesting thread, but you don't know what you are talking about until you read it.
If you want, you can tell the AMA that it is a good plan, but has major flaws IMO. I didn't vote because of either a major error or undefined barrier in all the choices.

Chris

STLPilot 05-08-2006 10:57 AM

Ah a little internal war is good for the blood. Look how well it fixed things after the Civil War. Heck it even go blacks the right to take choose where they wanted to live and how they wanted to live. Seems like they particurly had an interest in them urban areas where there are hardly any place to fly RC planes.

See how things work out for the good sometimes.

50%plane 05-08-2006 11:00 AM

Look how well it fixed things after the Civil War.
yep, it took Ney York 8 years after the Civil war to ban slavery, but they got it done.

STLPilot 05-08-2006 11:24 AM

70 years and we still have 1 tier of membership in the AMA. Now that's forward progress for you ... NOT!

Did anyone want to talk about AAA and the fact they have tiered and even a different name for each tier in their successful insurance/membership/benefits group? Didn't think so.

Stickbuilder 05-08-2006 11:31 AM

Dion,

What are you trying to accomplish here? Are you trying to get all the threads locked? BubbaGates will do this in a heartbeat if you continue your line of posting. Please stop, and do not bring race into these threads again. I am asking you to stop as nicely as I possibly can. This thread is not an internal war, it is, rather a forum to attempt to help the Parkflyer become actively involved within the auspices of the AMA. Please do not turn it into a urinating contest.

50%, please stop responding to STLPilot. It is just fanning the flames.

Bill, AMA 4720

STLPilot 05-08-2006 11:40 AM

So then try to explain to me in lamens terms why there is a lack of interest in anything for urban fliers. Why everything is catered towards areas of endless lands.

There is nothing wrong with saying the word black, white, asian, hispanic and so forth, do you watch the news? It just that your conditioned to think certain things I guess when you hear a white guy say the word black person. It's really no big deal.

Not only is it one of my missions to get kids into RC flying but also, blacks, hispanics (even illegal aliens) and even girls. This way the mentality will be more well balanced. Right now it's young to old white men running the show. I say again, e-fields will open up opportunities for all of those who are standoffish and groups of people whom never thought would ever be interested in RC modeling.

Stickbuilder 05-08-2006 11:47 AM

This entire line of posting is totally out of line. It is supposed to be about getting the Parkflyers into the AMA and what is going to be required to accomplish this. You, obviously cannot do this without mentioning the, "Urban" thing, and this always will bring out the worst in some people. Let's just say this. If you wish to see the thread locked down (as the other one was) keep on with your line of posting. Or hopefully, the others will see it for what it is, and will either ignore you, or block you. I will not respond to any of your posts again, regardless of how much you attempt to bait me.

Bill, AMA 4720

50%plane 05-08-2006 12:04 PM

50%, please stop responding to STLPilot. It is just fanning the flames.
lol We go way back. I have a reason for responding and rehashing what we've been over in past threads.

Anyways, I just emailed my opinion to Joyce Hager. Ya'll are pretty good at convincing me as if you look at my origional comments you will see two different opinions.

50%

Rat1 05-08-2006 12:33 PM

Ok, a few thoughts here.

I hear alot of people saying that most of the PF group are newbies to the hobby correct. So people want the PF group to start their own fields right????? Who is going to govern over these new fields????? The newbie parkflyer??????? Are these newbie going to be the ones to help other newbie out in learning to fly their new parkflyers?????? Are these newbies that have never had to deal with frequency control going to be the ones that have to govern ove rthe frequency control in this new PF field?????

Why not make it so that the parkflyers can have the same insurance that is needed to join the clubs with the larger fields???? This way they will learn to fly properly and learn about frequency control etc.

Or should we just unleash these newbies into the new city park that allows these new E tickets so that they can possibly put citizens into a dangerous position????

Personally I do not see the E ticket doing any good unless the insurance is enough so that these new E ticket holder can join current clubs that may require the full insurance.

E ticket at a reduced price

Full insurance
No magazine
acceptance into AMA or special club events and fun flys.

Is the AMA going to charter the new E ticket clubs???? If so then they need to look into the field requirments for these new club fields.

They need to be serperated from other possible activities such as soccer,baseball,walkers etc.
They should be of no less then 400 yards by 400 yards in size.
They should be placed at least 2 city blocks away from populated areas.
They need to have some type of frequency control station
They need to have the same amount of officers as the regular clubs
They need to have a seasoned RC pilot as a saftey officer

50%plane 05-08-2006 01:03 PM

Rat1
Been pushed off my soap box
And that soap box was destroyed

STLPilot 05-08-2006 01:30 PM

2 places I must see before I die. Hanover, Indiana (Cheers fans will understand) and now Grafton, ND.

50%plane 05-08-2006 01:38 PM

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

2 places I must see before I die. Hanover, Indiana (Cheers fans will understand) and now Grafton, ND.
I know what you mean about Grafton. It must be a modelers dream field. Don't even need the AMA.

STLPilot 05-08-2006 01:43 PM

Ummmm that's not why I want to see it. :D

It just seems ... how do I say this ... interesting.

Rat1 05-08-2006 02:34 PM

I can do a mapquest of directions to get here and post a screenshot if you like.

I can not remember the site to get you a satalite image of our town at this moment.

Oh I have some friends on the city counsel and the local parkboard and I asked them if there are any rules for flying RC in our town.

Nope, I can not fly RC in any of our parks in our town.

That was the answer I got this morning so I asked another question of the person that delivered my first answer. The question had to do with getting permission to fly in one of the parks or outdoor activities centers if I provided a card from the AMA that said I had the insurance needed to fly my small aircraft in these places. So far the two answers from two of the members were. "Don't they have a place to fly them things out south of town near Minto? " I said yes but they are a club and require more insurance to fly at that field. "Well can't you get the same insirance and join that club?" Sure I can but it would cost me more money to get this insurance. "Maybe you should look into getting the other insurance and join that club".

So for me it looks like it is either the full AMA membership insurance or no AMA and I go fly over the farmland by myself. Sure would be nice to beable to fly with others though.

So unless this E ticket invloves full insurance coverage ,which is needed to join the local club and fly on their field then this E ticket would be of no use for me and possibly others that may run into the same problem as myself.

The E ticket must benefit everyone somewhat and not just be aimed at the people that decide to live in large cities.

If you guys think that Cities or counties are going to let clubs or fields be aprooved for people with lesser insurance coverage when there is an option for these people to have better insurance coverage then you guys are saddly misaken or miss informed.

Lets take into play how much a person might actually try and sue the city or county if their child gets seriously hurt or looses and eye because one of these small parkflyers hit them.

1UGLYPUG 11-04-2010 10:28 PM

SHOW ME ONE "REAL" PLANE POWERED WITH A WEED EATER ENGINE. THE SOUND OF POORLY MUFFLED WEED EATERS JUST RUINS THE TRIP TO THE FIELD. THE GAS ENGINE FOLKS SAY THEY HAVE TO HEAR THE SOUND OF A REAL ENGINE? I WOULD RATHER NOT HEAR ANYTHING AT ALL THAN HEAR A WEED EATER FLYING AROUND.

Silent-AV8R 11-04-2010 11:35 PM

Just by the bye, you realize that the last post prior to yours was FOUR AND ONE HALF YEARS AGO. (BTW - caps generally mean you are shouting).

KidEpoxy 11-04-2010 11:40 PM

He pulled this thread from the graveyard
a couple days late for holloween ;)

K-Bob 11-05-2010 04:56 PM

Boo

The Toolman 11-14-2010 11:56 AM

I just voted no.....hahahahaha

combatpigg 11-14-2010 03:40 PM

I voted, "I TOLD YOU SO !!!...ALL YOU DUMMIES WHO COULDN'T LEAD SODA THROUGH A STRAW !!!"........[8D]