Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Anyone have any thoughts to share regarding the H9 Ultra Stck 60??

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Anyone have any thoughts to share regarding the H9 Ultra Stck 60??

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 01:17 AM
smartman300
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have any thoughts to share regarding the H9 Ultra Stck 60??

Any info you have to share, I'd like to hear it. Any inside info or experiences, please tell.

I am considering buying it within the next 2-3 days.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 08-06-2003, 01:52 AM
3onthebeach

I have one and although I've only gotten to fly it twice, I love it. I set mine up with the flaps and ailerons and I don't know that I'd waste the money on that configuration again. The plane floats so darn much as it is, as the wings cord is so great, when you set the flaps the plane noses up even more. It's almost too floaty. Flying where I do we do have a very constant and sometimes strong head-wind so perhaps it might fly a bit differently in calm conditions. I set mine up with a Saito 80 and it seems to be just right. I have the intention of growing into aerobatic aircraft i.e. practicing maneuvers, honing my flying skills etc and I think this is the perfect airplane for that or if you are already a good pilot, just relaxed - goof around sport flying. It appears that it will do just about anything from behaving like a trainer to advanced aerobatics. I've seen the 40 size and the 120 size with gas engines installed and I'm very pleased with my 60. For me at least, it is the right mixture, not too big, not too small, and the covering scheme is very visible in the sky. Hope you enjoy yours.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:46 AM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my best friend had one. Awesome plane, zero complaints, flew well, no bad habits. Overall a winner.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:37 AM
Lee Belew
My Feedback: (2)

Default Ultra Stick 60

Do a search for Ultra Stick 60 you will find plenty of comments.
Lee
Old 08-06-2003, 12:24 PM
Planedreamer

I have a Saito 91 in mine and I love it. Plenty of power.

My complaint with the plane is the clear covering. I had problems telling if I was flying normal or inverted. Added some Ultracoat striping to the vertical stab/rudder and the underside of the wing and it helps.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:10 PM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have not got an engine for it yet think about this. A guy at our field has one with a $99 Tower Hobbies .75 on it. It flies GREAT! I am amazed at how well this really cheap .75 size engines performs.

Also I have the old US 1.20. I think the .60 US is a much more user friendly plane. As stated above - just the right size, not to big and not to small, just right..
Old 08-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Lee Belew
My Feedback: (2)

Default Ultra Stick 60

I would like to with the comment above. A Friend of mine installed a tower 60 on a large trainer and I was amazed how well and how powerful this engine is. I am Sure the 75 will just be more of the same.
Good Luck
Lee
Old 08-06-2003, 01:55 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

Put a Saito 100 on the front for the ultimate combo. I had one with O.S. FS-91 Surpass I and it was a blast. It's a great plane, you'll love it. Good luck!
Old 08-08-2003, 12:53 AM
LeeL
My Feedback: (1)

All in all This is one fantastic plane There are however some problems with them. 1st. and most critical there have been many problems with the ribs in the wings they crumble for no apparent reason when installing the servos mine did this and I know of 5 other people that have had the same thing happen. Don't know if the latest shipments are still having this problem or not. Also the plane seems to be built extremely nose heavy. I put an O.S. 61 fx in mine and had to add 4 oz. of lead to the tail and the 1400 ma. batt. pak as far back as I could get it. as far as the color scheme I love it, it is way cool. also go for the flap and aileron set up for alot more versatility. 566 flights on mine and I will definitely always keep one in the hanger for some laid back wounder if I can do this type flying
Old 08-08-2003, 01:45 AM
BigSTIK40flier

all i got to say is the design has been around 30 years, and it sales like a mad house. need anyother info btw its is the best flying airplane ive ever owned, very slow , very fast, super aerobatic. one WARNING THE DOW RODS THAT HOLD THE LEADING EDGE ARE TOO SHORT THEY PULL OUT, AND THE WOOD THAT HOLDS THEM IN IS TOO WEAK, ONE MORE THING IF THOSE ARNT CORRECTED IF YOU PULL A HIGH G MOVE THEN THE PLANE AND ENGINE ARE DEAD other than that perfect plane
Old 08-11-2003, 01:35 AM
murphy
My Feedback: (19)

Mine met it's demise last Wed., Pilot error was the cause,,,,,anyways, had a Saito 100 on it, servos in the tail, battery amidships behind wing, AUW of 6.25 pounds.

It flew awesome.

I re-inforced, and glassed the landing gear area in the fuse, and after about 20 or so flights noticed a crack from firewall back about 6 inches on top of plane, repaired that with Cya, then another 5 flights, and the whole firewall was letting go on two sides, I removed the top of the front of the plane, and found only 4 small pieces of triangular stock holding the entire front of the plane together,,,,, even the firewall,,,, used trianguar stock, and epoxy to make it up to my stantards, and replaced the top with 1/8 in. light ply instead of the original balsa.

When the tree sheared off the left wing, at about 40 ft. of altitude, and about 40 mph, the plane rolled into the dirt at about a 45' angle,,,,, Wing is pretty much shot,,,, fuse had a clean break right in front of the stab, engine is OK, one striped rudder servo,,,,

But the landing gear and firewall are just as good as the day I improved them!!!!!

With the help of "Amelia-AIr" from here on RCU,, (she had a wing for me), and about 4-6 hours in the shop, it'll be back in the air,,,,,, although re-covered in a more conventional scheme,,, can't see how you guys like that clear stuff,,,,,,,,,

John
aka "Murphy"