Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

H9 EDGE tail incidence

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

H9 EDGE tail incidence

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2002, 02:25 AM
wildthng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 EDGE tail incidence

When putting together my edge i had to shim the front of the horizontal stabalizer up about 1/8" to get the correct incidence.If i didn't do this the plane would have needed a lot of down trim to fly level.Has anyone else ran into this problem.Also the rudder is warped.When the rudder is inline with the centerline of the plane and the vertical stab the rudder ballancer that protrudes in front of the hinge line does not line up with the vertical stab.When you look down at the rudder from the top it is a little banana shaped.
Old 04-12-2002, 04:08 PM
capthis
My Feedback: (67)

I sanded out the cradle that the stab fits into on my edge to get the incidence set. Mine also set out of level with the wing also. It took me better part of the night just to get the stab set at 0 degrees and parrallel to the wing. Then those filler blocks about drove me nuts. Needless to say I was very frustrated with this plane during building. BUT..... After flying I have all but forgot about the pain it was to put together. Its well worth the extra effort put into it to get it to fly right. I would call horizon and get a new rudder , that just sin't right. And I wouldn't put up with that. The stab needing fitting is understandable buta warped rudder if I am imagining it right is just simply out of the question. The guys at horizon are generally pretty good at fixing their goof ups. Happy flying.
Old 04-13-2002, 02:50 AM
wildthng

Thanks for your info,i,m going to call horizon and get a new rudder.If some one just put this plane together by the book they could have some problems.there are places like the horizontil stab that could cause problems for a inexperianced builder.I did somthing a little different when i put the vertical stab on before gluing.I checked it for straitness with a line lazer i purchased at a building supply for work(I,m a contracter for log homes)this is a really cool tool for checking things for straitness on my planes.It looks like a tape measure and runs 60 bucks.
Old 04-13-2002, 02:56 AM
capthis

Good luck with finishing it up. Those planes take quite a bit of work for being an arf. An inexperience builder would have had all kinds of trouble with the kit I had. I hope the newer ones are better. Of course this plane really isn't meant to be someone's second plane. I am going to look into the line lazer you spoke of. I love gadgets! Happy flying
Old 04-13-2002, 03:14 AM
wildthng

heres the toy shooting a line on carpet.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	8358_3488.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	5780  
Old 04-13-2002, 03:15 AM
capthis

Sweet!
Old 04-13-2002, 03:18 AM