Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Seagull 1.20 PT-19

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Seagull 1.20 PT-19

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 06:22 AM
althepal88
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will fly scale, but won't have vertical performance of a fighter.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:03 PM
golfandfly
My Feedback: (99)

Hay NoFlaps, I have you're PT 19 and she is a great plane to fly. it has no bad habits and is easy to fly and land.did you cover this plane from a actual PT19? Thanks for any info on plane, Steve
Old 06-01-2016, 05:26 AM
coleboom

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I now have about 8 flights on this plane. WOW It flies great.. Totally stable, and when I put the flaps down there is no problem taking a nose up approach to land with throttle control

I love it... Though I wish it would roll a little faster. (presently you need a calendar to time it) anyway I have a question

Whenever I land this which so far I have had very gentle landings while it is rolling at makes a banging sound. bang bang bang bang. I feel sure this is the struts. maybe bottoming out maybe something else.... Or maybe banging on the plastic covers which I reinforced with fiberglass though if this was it I would think it would still break. Does anyone know what this might be and what would fix it? I am thinking Robarts and would order them right now if I know what size wire is being used at the top and what length they need to be.

so this brings up several questions from those of you with more experience...

Though it hasn't been a problem I am bothered by the wobble left to right that is permitted on these struts. Are All Oleos this way? Or is it just cheap ones.. I have the same issue on a T6

Also
Are robarts struts well machined with close tolerances and lubricated so they operate smoothly? Or are the like these ones which are sloppy and operate because they are so loose?

Any and all advice is helpful Especially if you could point me to a set of robarts known to fit this model with no major mods

Thanks ahead of time
Old 06-03-2016, 08:24 AM
NoFlaps
My Feedback: (131)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear she flies so well for you. I loved it.
It's based off of a P-51 scheme 308FS/ 31st FG based in Italy, but the letters/ numbers on the side are my wifes initials and her B-Day.
Let me know if you get tired of fling her and I'll eagerly buy her back from you (hint-hint). I had to sell off many of my planes as I didn't have a place to put anything when I made my move, but I now have a great placed to keep my planes close to a local flying field.
FYI-I also have a stock one NIB, if you'd like to trade w/ cash.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	STH PT-19.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	2165619   Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang11.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	2165620  

Last edited by NoFlaps; 06-03-2016 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:27 AM
golfandfly
My Feedback: (99)

Hi Noflaps thanks for reply,WE are having our War-bird fly in Sunday and I will try to get video of her flying.I like flying this plane and i already have a new on in box to get ready for next year. If I decide to sell her you will be the first to know, thanks again, Steve
Old 06-06-2016, 01:06 AM
NoFlaps
My Feedback: (131)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd love to see the video. Thanks for keeping me in mind if you sell her.
happy landings- Sean