Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Sig Rascal 110

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Sig Rascal 110

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 11:31 AM
weazel1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey all I have a call out to anyone who might have an extra wing splice for an older 110 my kid lost his and we have an airshow coming up next month I want to order one but don't think it would come in on time so if any one has a old ship they wrecked and still have the main wing splice I would like to buy it from them thanks for looking and reading
Old 12-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out these videos. Eric comes to our Rascal 110 event every year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=A1AakaukMdk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX5hb...=youtube_gdata

Last edited by Zippi; 12-29-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:48 PM
bikerbc

Wow Can that man ever fly , thanks for the link . Happy New Year To All .
Old 01-02-2014, 05:59 AM
pacoflyer
My Feedback: (23)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone heard the rumor of possibly an even larger Rascal coming to market sometime this year ?

Thanks,
paul
Old 01-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pacoflyer
Has anyone heard the rumor of possibly an even larger Rascal coming to market sometime this year ?

Thanks,
paul
The giant Rascal was going to be unvailed at our 2013 Rascal 110/Big Bird event but it got put on the back burner and Sig was unable to attend our event. The boys from Sig were at our 2012 event and seem to have a great time. There was talk about a giant Rascal then. Hope Sig will make a return visit this year for our event. Not sure what the future is of the giant Rascal. Haven't heard anymore about it.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:32 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Giant Rascal !!!!??? Wow, was it going to be full scale with two person tandem seating??
Old 01-10-2014, 10:20 AM
bikerbc

Could anybody tell me what to use for covering that will match the transparent blue ,it's called Ora cover but I can't find it . My Rascal has some bare wood sticking out on the horizontal stabilizer .
Old 01-10-2014, 02:57 PM
bikerbc

The wheels seem quite small and the material that they are made out of doesn't look like it will stand up for very long . I realize if I put bigger wheels on I will no be able to use the wheel pants .What is every body else using foe wheels ? stock or after market.. I am thinking about some Du Bro 5 or 6 inch big wheels I will be flying off a semi smooth grass strip .
Old 01-10-2014, 04:17 PM
52larry52

bikerbc, Question #1- Hanger -9 Ultracote, #HANU954, transparent blue. Question #2- Du-Bro 3.50 T. And they do fit in the stock wheel pants. And, yes I do fly it off grass. No need for "tundra" tires unless you want that look.

Last edited by 52larry52; 01-10-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:50 AM
bikerbc

Thank you Larry . I am glad I wont need to lose my wheel pants . They add a little something to this plane .. I have the tundra look on my Cub .. I Got a little hot shrinking my covering this evening and blew a small hole in the blue covering so now I really need a bit of covering .. The blue seems a little more delicate than the white . The spot I made the hole is a good spot .. It going to be under an aileron linkage . I have been putting 1/4" silver pin stripe tape on my Rascal an it looks okay so far .. I sure appreciate the help Larry ..
Old 01-11-2014, 10:16 PM
52larry52

Your welcome biker. Hay, what engine did you go with? You were talking about a twin with the cylinders hanging out each side of the cowl. That sounded like a real nice set up. That big plane will sure use up a lot of 1/4" pin stripe tape won't it? On mine, I only did the tops of the wings and horz. stab as pin stripes on the bottom can't be seen on the ground or in the air. That saved some tape stripe and time. Of course I did all the blue edges on the fuselage and vert. stab, just skipped the bottoms of the wings and vert. stab.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:05 AM
bikerbc

For some reason I am having trouble posting ...I will try again.. I am using my ASP 160 . I will have an on board glow system like the one on my Cub , I don't have any trouble with my OS160 dropping a cylinder . Your post got me back on track . Yes the Rascal uses a lot of pin strip . I have used up one 36' roll already and all I have done is one wing the tail feathers and the wheel pants . I would have done better to just stripe the top of the wing but its too late now . One wing is already done . I have ordered another roll of pin stripe .. My Hobby shop goofed and only ordered me one instead of two.. I need to order some covering anyway .
Old 01-13-2014, 04:02 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 52larry52
Giant Rascal !!!!??? Wow, was it going to be full scale with two person tandem seating??
There's a guy on "the other site" who says that he is going to build a Rascal ultralight. I haven't followed closely, but I do know this gentleman has the skills to pull it off.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:17 PM
52larry52

TomCrump, That full scale homebuilt Rascal sounds interesting. If I remember right a few years ago someone build a full scale of either a Sig Kadet or a Telemaster, I think it was the Kadet. Not sure! But anyway, why not a full scale Rascal?
Old 01-19-2014, 12:50 PM
weazel1

got the old rascal up today with the new vvrc 20 got one tank of flight for trim fantastic little motor not 3d or vertical yet till motor gets broke in but it was great sorry no pics to show yet but I hope soon
Old 01-19-2014, 01:54 PM
bikerbc

Thanks for the update on the motor weasel . I am glad you like it . Its amazing how much power they can squeeze out of these little fellows . What prop are you running ? I am still working out how to mount my ASP 160 . I have the fuel tank lowered about 1" . That is almost perfect . I have made a ply block to mount my motor on. It will move my motor ahead 1.25" . As long as I can work out carb linkage's etc. I should be okay..
Old 01-19-2014, 07:19 PM
weazel1

16/8 is what they recommend for break in after that not sure thinking 17 my kid likes to fly slow not a speed demon type pilot lol but likes the pull power
Old 01-28-2014, 06:52 PM
weazel1

well my son got three more flights on his plane and motor ,its already breaking in good we had to readjust his throttle pushrod to idle lower already did not expect that. going to start adjusting the needles prob next weekend no vertical if that's what you want then go with a 30 but the 20 flys it just great
Old 01-29-2014, 01:53 AM
TomCrump

TomCrump, That full scale homebuilt Rascal sounds interesting. If I remember right a few years ago someone build a full scale of either a Sig Kadet or a Telemaster, I think it was the Kadet. Not sure! But anyway, why not a full scale Rascal?
Here's a link to the "Not a Little Rascal" build thread. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2084878
Old 01-29-2014, 02:20 PM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no experience with multi-cylinder R.C. airplane engines, so this is in the form of a question, not given as a solution to the claimed glow twin dropped cylinder problum. If the O.S. twins are truly "prone" to lose a cylinder in flight, and I don't know that to be correct, why wouldn't an on board glow igniter system such as the Sullivan system relight the flamed out cylinder by reducing the throttle down to the lower range where the system would be set to turn on the igniter. This of course would assume that both the glow plugs are good. If you have a bad glow plug in one cylinder of a glow twin, that would be no different than a bad spark plug in a twin gas engine. You need to have good "plugs" in any engine, gas, glow, twin, or single cylinder. With one cylinder still running and turning the engine over on a twin, I would think relighting the out cylinder would be possible. Or dosen't it work this way?????
Put CDI W/glow fuel on the twin. You'll gain some power over glow ignition (about 25% more power than a similar "gas" engine) gain about 25% better fuel economy & have all of the other user friendly traits of a "gas" engine W/O smell, added wieght, vibration & chainsaw sound..

Here's a Rascal 110 W/an OS160 Twin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXMc1e2SVMQ

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 01-29-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:45 PM
bikerbc

Is this an Idea that you have tried ? I tried putting glow fuel in a two cycle motor and it didn't run .
Old 01-29-2014, 03:01 PM
SrTelemaster150

Originally Posted by bikerbc
Is this an Idea that you have tried ? I tried putting glow fuel in a two cycle motor and it didn't run .
Look @ my signature. Every Saito engine I have is running on CDI/glow fuel.
Here are a few of them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdmLu13UJzs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xaiAR8Yelc

I've been running CDI/glow fuel since 1997.

And here is an ASP160 Twin running CDI/glow fuel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMq9189ToT8

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 01-29-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:46 PM
52larry52

TomCrump, thanks for the link to the full scale Rascal build. It truly is "very interesting". From time to time I will check in on his progress. Someone on that thread posed the question of whether our Rascal models will be true "scale models" when this man's full scale build is completed and I say definitively YES ! Many a full scale aircraft started with a model used in the wind tunnel going all the way back to the Wright Bros. So, YES if he finishes and flys the full scale Rascal, ours' are then "scale models". What say you?
Old 01-31-2014, 02:23 AM
TomCrump

After Earl finishes his "big" bird, then, yes, the Rascal will be a scale model.

I'll have to ask him for a set of 3 views, and then build one for competition.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:31 AM
SrTelemaster150

TomCrump, thanks for the link to the full scale Rascal build. It truly is "very interesting". From time to time I will check in on his progress. Someone on that thread posed the question of whether our Rascal models will be true "scale models" when this man's full scale build is completed and I say definitively YES ! Many a full scale aircraft started with a model used in the wind tunnel going all the way back to the Wright Bros. So, YES if he finishes and flys the full scale Rascal, ours' are then "scale models". What say you?
The Rascal will be a "fun scale" model as the full sized one has had several changes such as fuselage length. It is not simply a blown up paln.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.