Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Great Planes and Top Flight?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Great Planes and Top Flight?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 02:31 PM
dale691

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes and Top Flight?

Hi, just wondering if there is any information going around in the industry as to what is happening with Great Planes and Top Flight? seems all stock is temporary unavailable. Does this spell the end for great planes or will they be back? they were always great quality and the fact their kits have gone has left a huge hole in the market. Getting a complete kit is getting harder and harder. I understand there are quite a few places where laser cut kits can be purchased but then chasing cowls and canopies etc can be quite difficult. I also see their area a few small producers of kits but the range is limited. I for one will be very disappointed if they are gone for good. Should have stocked up more. all I have left is a TF Mentor still sitting in a box. I very much like the Hangar 9 but don't want to see the flying field full of the same planes.

Cheers Dale
Old 01-22-2020, 08:55 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Full builder kits will be a thing of the past soon,,,,, Sig and BUSA are the last hold outs as of now,,, when the buyers of those niche markets, harsh to say,, but die off,, those two companies too will probably die off too

Time to face the reality of change
Old 01-24-2020, 12:23 PM
Waco
My Feedback: (265)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The time is coming if you want to build you will have to get the plans and buy your wood and cut your own kit or buy a short kit from a lazer cutter. there are a lot of free plans out there to have if you search.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:28 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Full builder kits will be a thing of the past soon,,,,, Sig and BUSA are the last hold outs as of now,,, when the buyers of those niche markets, harsh to say,, but die off,, those two companies too will probably die off too
Time to face the reality of change
and as of now the fueled scales in the .60 to .90 size pickings is a joke
Jim

Last edited by the Wasp; 01-24-2020 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:45 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's become a real shame that some of the TopFlite model kits have now tripled in price for some of the more common recently available kits,Mustang,P-40, F4U Corsair, the more rare kits FW-190 etc if they become available at all is way out there I hope once we get through this virus situation and things get back to normal Horizon will consider a effort to bring back at least some of the trainers and more advanced kit building options, TopFlite in particular was a direct competitor to Hangar-9 ARF's but not in the kit building arena I think it is going to take some serious lobbying to get a kit line in production.