Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
 G.P Christen eagle landed home!!! Oh my!! >

G.P Christen eagle landed home!!! Oh my!!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

G.P Christen eagle landed home!!! Oh my!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 12:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: G.P Christen eagle landed home!!! Oh my!!

There are slots in the bottom of the motor box. I had to hog mine out a little with a dremel to get the blind nuts all the way in. I glued a dowel to the blind nut, then dropped it down into the engine box and threaded a bolt into the blind nut. From there I broke the dowel off and tightened the bolt until the blind nut was completely inserted into the wood.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:59 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian,
nope, my DA is not here yet, but shouldn't take to much longer (hopefully by tomorrow or Thursday). I'll let everybody know what standoff size will work. I am hoping the supplied regular standoffs will work.

Ryan,
you mean that you insert a blind nut into the back of the box and then screw the bolt from inside the box through the blind nut into the standoff ? Sounds like a good solution. I was tempted to just dill a whle in the box and screw the bolts in the standoff from the inside with some washers. The blind nut solution sound a lot more secure though.

BTW guys, I painted the inside of the cockpit with grey stone paint from Lowes (the one that looks like the grey sandpaper surface you see on some giant scale planes), and it looks awesome. Took us about 3 minutes to apply, and looks perfect. No primer needed, as well as no worries that you will be able to see the woodgrain later. Will take a picture later on.
Old 11-18-2003, 04:10 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Texas3D

On the DA standoffs you will not be able to use blind nuts as Ryan mentioned. The standoffs are not drilled all the way through. So there are 3 choices, 1st by putting the bolts in through the back with washers, 2nd drilling out the standoffs which seems like it would be to difficult to get a straight hole or maybe you can order new standoffs. This is based off the standoffs that came with my DA. I'm still waiting to get mine back since they are doing the modifications to mine.